Leatherman Wave Multi Tool Black Oxide Finish with Nylon MOLLE Sheath 830246
|Price:||$85.94 - $134.80|
- Black Oxide: Black oxide is a powder-based metal coating. Ideal for situations where giving away a position would be costly, it is widely used by the military for its effectiveness in reducing glare and reflection.
- 420HC Stainless Steel: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- ONE TOOL. A COUPLE THOUSAND USES.
- 154CM Stainless Steel: A high carbon, high alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel. This steel is used on some premium Leatherman tool features, such as knife blades and wire cutters.
- FEATURING 17 TOOLS: needlenose pliers, regular pliers, 154CM replaceable wire cutters, 154CM replaceable hard-wire cutters, stranded-wire cutters, electrical crimper, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, awl w/ thread loop, ruler (9in, 22cm), can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, phillips screwdriver, large screwdriver, medium screwdriver, small screwdriver.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is a nice full-featured multitool. You get one plain-edge and one serrated knife, both can be opened with one hand without opening the whole tool. Useful set of scredrivers: large and medium plain, medium philips, micro plain and philips for eyeglasses. Wood saw, and nice metal file + saw. Can opener and kinda-OK scissors. All in all, good set of tools, and all lock securely in place. Of course, it also has full sized pliers :)
- Heavy: 8.5 oz, or 240 grams. Too heavy to carry in my pants pocket. I don't carry tools on my belt, but probably this would feel heavy there also.
- Because of the outside opening blades, there are sharp edges when the tool is closed, which I can imagine would eat through your pocket if you put it there.
- Blades designed for right-hand thumb opening. If a knife is designed for one-hand opening, I would much rather have it ambidextrous.
- Ruler (cm and inches) is much less useful than on other tools, because it is on the inside. You open the whole tool to use it, and the pliers get in the middle of the ruler line. Also the ruler markings are not as clearly readable as other tools. For me, the ruler is actually a very useful feature, so the Wave scores a minus here.
- Medium philips and plain screwdriver are actually in a bit holder, which has many issues: too short, feels a little flimsy, and the bits are not standard size, so you can't use anything but what you buy from Leatherman. This is another minus compared to other simpler and cheaper multitools.Read more ›
I wish I had a negative to counter this review, but I've yet to find one. All the accessories work terrific, I wouldn't even consider a day hike without this on my belt. or a day at work, actually. Use a little preventitive maintenance on it, like the occassional wipe-down with some light oil, and you'll have no problems with this. Excellent product, made in Oregon, and the replacement garuntee is wonderful.
Why not five stars, then? The product has a few minor flaws: just like the regular Wave, the bit holder is a little bit on the weak side - no big deal, really. What really can be a bit of a problem is that the smaller blades, can opener etc. are impossible to get out when the tool is new (hint use a small coin and lots of WD-40). Maybe the black oxide coating is resulting in higher friction between the parts - dunno, but something the engineers at Leatherman should look into.
Do I recommend the product? Absolutely. Best form factor, good value for money. Does it HAVE to be the black version? Maybe not. I have both - the black one is to show off, the regular (stainless) one gets used a lot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love my Wave, it has never let me down, and Leatherman has great customer service.Published 6 days ago by Les
I've wanted a Leatherman for years. My wife bought me the Wave model for Christmas and I can't imagine what they might have done to make this tool any better. Read morePublished 1 month ago by R. Helmig
Unbeatable, and unmatched by others. This tool does not disappoint.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This is seriously one of the best purchases I have ever made. I bought the wave with the bit extender and the 40 bit assortment pack... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I prefer this one over the black finish, it keeps your hands clean and is down the good old wayPublished 5 months ago
$60 dollars cheaper than the Leatherman "Charge" I just purchase, and it didn't take both hands and a lever to open and close. PS) The Charge sucks.Published 6 months ago by Chuck F.
This is the best multi tool I've ever owned, never leave home with out it.Published 7 months ago by Rob