5.0 out of 5 stars The ladies will love it on you!
Published on September 10, 2008 by Michael E. Imboden

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out!
I ordered this product after seeing the excellent price, which is much lower than other places selling Issey Miyake. I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry to hit the order button, because only after doing that did I notice two major red flags while looking at the reviews. Buyer take not:

1. This product is absolutely riddled with fake reviews that are planted to...
Published 26 days ago by Jay Sylvano

5.0 out of 5 stars The ladies will love it on you!, September 10, 2008
Guys, Issey Miyake needs to be a part of your cologne arsenal. I was first introduced to Issey Miyake by a good lady friend of mine, and because I'm a big `Polo' fan, I was a little nervous about trying something different. I had never experienced Issey Miyake before, but I took my lady friend's word for it and ordered a bottle. Was I glad I did. I've received nothing but compliments when wearing it. It smells great. It's cologne that you can wear every day. It's masculine, but not too over powering; it's casual, but very classy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle and refined fragrance that lasts all day, July 29, 2009
I've tried many different EDT's over the years and can definitely say L'eau D'Issey is my absolute favorite. If you like Polo Sport, True Star By Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss For Men, or Curve By Liz Claiborne, you'll probably like L'eau D'Issey.

It smells refined, youthful, and sophisticated, with a light citrus & woody spice scent that is very pleasing, not musky, overly sweet, or intrusive to other people's olfactory nerves. I don't like to douse myself in fragrance and be one of those people you can smell from across the room. A little goes a long way and understated elegance is the theme here, down to the attractive frosted glass bottle and minimalist packaging design. All I need is 2 or 3 small pumps in the morning before going to work, and I smell nice all day.

Because it is impossible to describe in words how this smells, and the fact that fragrances interact differently based on each user's skin chemistry, you'll have to experience it for yourself. Go to your local Sephora/drugstore/perfumery, rub some into your arm, and have a sniff.

For $50, not a bad investment in smelling nice. Based on past experience, 4.2 ounces lasts me a year or more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out!, December 2, 2014

1. This product is absolutely riddled with fake reviews that are planted to increase the star rating. These are easy to spot. They are generally 5 stars with the review being a 1-liner in poor english with generic statements like "excellent" or "i just love this so good". The people posting these reviews usually have random usernames and when you check their profiles you will notice a trend in that everything they review always gets 5 stars and a 1-2 line "review", and usually all their reviews are posted on the same date. Then the profile goes dead. There is a spike in these during the holiday season and chances are if a product has hundreds of reviews like that, like this one does, something's fishy.
2. The reviews that do appear to be genuine have almost all given this fragrance low star ratings and say it's fake, watered down and not at all what they remember L'eau D'issey to smell like. I'm beginning to see a pattern.

So in conclusion I'm going to cancel my order as Amazon won't allow customers to return a material considered hazardous. I'd advise people to be very cautious when buying from this seller. Just fork out the extra $20 - $30 and buy the real thing from a reputable place.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware, November 2, 2013
I don't know whether the formula has changed, or I was sold a knockoff, but the scent has overtones of old orange peels, undertones of baby powder, and bears little resemblance to my older bottle. The manufacturer has not yet responded to my inquiry as to whether the formula is the problem. My wife, who bought me my first bottle of Issey Miyake, will not permit me to use this. Oh, and Amazon will not permit me to initiate a return, because ALTHOUGH THIS ITEM WAS DELIVERED TO MY HOME, it is impermissible to ship this "hazardous material" (their term, not mine) through the mail.

1.0 out of 5 stars fake, August 28, 2012
Before I start this review, let me say the item was sold by Amazon -> I bought it from Amazon, and it was shipped to me by Amazon. The item is a fake. I don't know where Amazon gets their products from, whether they buy it from other sellers and try to make a profit or not, but this item is a clear fake. It doesn't smell anything like the one in Macy's, which actually opens up nicely to my nose. This one smells way too synthetic, and overall just smells undesirable. It doesn't smell terrible, but it's undesirable to my nose, it's a weak smell, and smells like chemicals/cleaning product.

I suggest you buy fragrances in a local department store for 100% authenticity, even though it may be more expensive. A tip to you is: the fragrance gift boxes are actually better to get than the actual fragrances themselves. Giftbox might have a 4.2oz EDT of L'eau D'Issey and come with body gel and aftershave, as well as a small pocket version, and be $54.99 while the standalone 4.2oz EDT may be $53.99.

Back to the review: I usually always trust Amazon because I've ordered several items from them in the past couple of years. I almost always choose items sold by Amazon because they ship fast if they're in stock. I'm not sure if this EDT of L'eau D'Issey may have been old stock or they were scammed into buying it thinking they'd make a profit.

Nevertheless, 1/5 because it's fake.

5.0 out of 5 stars An elite scent..., January 23, 2008
I've used this scent for almost a decade and I've never been disappointed in its ability to impress. Every time I hug a lady, there's always compliments. It's a wonderful thing. Scent/smell lingers on the mind and invokes the memory when revisited in the future and this will make her never forget. Therefore, you must use this scent wisely. =)

Whenever I'm asked what this scent is, I respond and they're always baffled at my answer, mainly because they don't know what language I'm answering in. French? Japanese? It always takes a little bit of explanation. Regardless, the looks on their faces when you explain says everything about the scent. It makes people daydream. Why would she want to know why a Japanese guy chose a French influence on his scent? She's just thinking about how beautiful the scent is. Guaranteed to get you future hugs, unless you're repulsive.

Bottom line, this is an exquisite scent. Not too brash or overpowering. Like a sexy breath of fresh air. Lingers for just as long as you need. 100% recommended if you want to get close with your companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been a big fan for almost 10 years, and I'm only 28, March 11, 2008
Yes ladies, once you smell this product, you'll be hooked!!!
This cologne is very rare to find on a man, but I can recognize that smell in miles. It has this refreshing exciting zing to it reminds me of unknown countries and first passionate kisses :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!!!!!!!, April 26, 2013
I did not look at the reviews...My Bad...Found this fragrance in Esquire Mag...had to have it...had too have it...so it shows up, I spray and this crappy alcohol scent came out...not like the Esquire Mag sample at all...in fact this stuff actually stinks...even more sad...the mag sample strip, after sitting on the coffee tables two weeks smells better & stronger than this very un-masculinly packaged fragrance hoax...
C'mon Amazon...you are going to loose customers if this is the new Normal!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS ONE WAS A FAKE, October 17, 2013
I have bought this cologne at macy's 3 years ago and ordered it on amazon over a year ago too too. I was running out and ordered this one, I still have the older one to compare it too and the scents are different. This does not smell like any of the previous two I have bought. THIS ONE IS A FAKE.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is another great scent for men., December 22, 2012
Great woody scent and last for a long time. I love this one best of all the scents from Issey Miyake.

I wear this one a Lot as well. See my other ratings and you will realize that I am a cologne junkie!

James