Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Stone Cherry Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on February 21, 2012
When I watch these, my heart is heavy. Little Beaver has grown up and part of him wants to go back and be a little boy. But he can't, neither can we. The producers did an exceptional job portraying all of these mixed emotions in the final season. Cudos to the writers, to the cast as well.

This was the most realistic show of it's time about boyhood. Yes, boys were once like this and parents were once like this.
on April 26, 2014
The sixth season of Leave It To Beaver aired from 1962 to 1963. This set has all 39 uncut and remastered episodes spread out over 6 single-sided dual-layered dvds.

The episodes on this set are:

Disc One:

36. The All Night Party
37. Beaver Sees America
38. The Clothing Drive
39. Family Scrapbook

Video: Shout Factory went all-out and did an incredible job remastering Leave It To Beaver. The show is presented in its original full frame 1:33 ratio and looks fantastic. The show is in black & white and looks clean, sharp, and bright.

Audio: The only audio track on this set is English 2.0 mono. It is clear sounding and I have no complaints

Subtitles: There are no subtitles on the set but it is close-captioned in English only.
on April 3, 2011
I chose to not listen to the nay-sayers of the sixth and final season of Leave it to Beaver. I was not disappointed! If you have enjoyed the previous seasons you will enjoy this one. I recomend it.
on November 26, 2012
I love this set. I can't think of any other shows that had this kind of "staying power" through the final season. No matter how many times I watch them, I still laugh. Everyone is older now, true, but Ken Osmond has perfected his role as mischievous Eddie Haskell, Tony Dow is content to be the big brother, and Ward and June continue to be the parents we all wish we had. The writers continue to come up with interesting episodes and situations ("messes") for the gang to get themselves into and out of. Don't miss buying this final set to complete your collection.
on January 14, 2016
Love my leave it to beaver DVD, the quality is very good. It is one of my all time favorite shows and I love seeing the teenager episodes when Wally and Beaver are older. The show is timeless, I would watch it over most of the new shows anytime.. I had to get them all for my collection!
on April 26, 2011
even tho this classic series was in wind-down mode, the characters were still amazing, especially compared to the sheen types who populate tv world today. i love the "parking attendants" and "book report." back in 1989 i saw tony dow's son chris in a classroom where my friend taught, and he looked just like his dad.
on December 29, 2010
I haven't seen this dvd set yet, but after viewing some of the other Shout releases of this terrific show, I doubt that I'm going to be disappointed!! I'm so excited that I'll be able to complete my Beaver collection this March. I have been waiting for years for this day to come, and I know countless others are just as happy as I am going to be! Thank you in advance Shout for releasing the rest of "Leave it to Beaver" on dvd for the many of us who love this show because of its simplicity, yet classic and honest humor and lessons in life. This show takes us back to the days when life was more than just playing video games, talking on cell phones, touching ipads, watching reality tv, and reading kindles. Families shared their joys, pains, triumphs, and struggles in day-to-day living through talks at the dinner table, breakfast time, or at school or out playing. I only wish more people would take the time to enjoy their daily lives like they did back in the Beaver days. Now, we're too consumed with the internet, Wii, & blu ray sets that family life sadly comes last most of the time, and our lives are quickly passing us by not giving us time to enjoy even the simplest things in life. If you feel like your life is just moving too quickly and you would like to savor those "special" little moments, please take a few minutes to sit down and watch a few episodes of "Leave it to Beaver" where you can relax and remember what life really is all about.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2016
What's not to love about any season of this classic? As always, wonderful stories, superb acting with a lesson included in each episode. It is such a sad commentary that these types of programs conveying honesty, respect and kindness towards others are a thing of the past.
on March 4, 2016
There is something about "old television shows". Okay, it's dated and every now and then they will say something that totally let's you know that. On the whole, it is just a back to simple life, simple ideals, a rose-colored glasses society (void of any ethnicities, I might add) but, that was not the focus. This show was about innocent little families in a certain area and their day-to-day lifestyle and hijinks. It was based on the issues of the day, it was meant to make you feel warm and fuzzy, smile and sometimes laugh at the dated language, styles and capers of Beaver and family/friends. I love the series.
on January 2, 2015
Great series, but where are seasons 1 and 2? Those seasons were the best! Leave It To Beaver was one of those series that is just good old fashion programs that is good some 50 years later. But, amazon needs to make those first two seasons available to us.