Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leave the Office Earlier: The Productivity Pro Shows You How to Do More in Less Time...and Feel Great About It
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on March 13, 2005
You have to be carefull with these National Speakers Asso. folks who write their speech into a book. The author says in the book that she heard Zig Ziglar when she was 14, skipped her Senior year of high school, took some business courses in college and went out on the speech circut. Her lack of real world work experience shows in the book. Many many topics with nothing covered in depth. No advice on dealing with conflicting priorities - just the suggestion that you not let your priorities conflict. Lots of her advice has nothing to do with productivity like "you should dress professionally" and when it does it is pretty simplistic like "say no from the heart." I was looking for a corporate veteran who would share proven techniques to get the right things done and get home earlier - I did not find it in this book.
on May 15, 2004
If you work 50-75 hours a week, this book is a must-have! It teaches you to be more productive during the day, get your work done in less time, and get home to your life sooner. This is the most complete guidebook on personal productivity I have ever read. It's not just about time management or getting organized or life balance...it's a complete picture of all the things you need to do to improve output, lower stress, and save time at work and home.
Using the word "PRODUCTIVE" itself as a foundation, Stack devotes a chapter to each of the ten key productivity factors: Preparation, Reduction, Order, Discipline, Unease, Concentration, Time Mastery, Information, Vitality, and Equilibrium. Readers determine their own Productivity Quotient (PQ) ™ by answering ten questions per factor, resulting in a cumulative score out of 500 possible points.
I really like the way the book is organized. It's not designed to be read from beginning to end: Stack has used a great hyperlink concept that allows you to "jump" right to the chapter and section where you most need help and begin working on those skills. This modular format is really helping me improve my personal productivity, one habit at a time!
Stack is also collecting the results of the Productivity Quotient (PQ) on her website, so you can compare your performance to others in your industry, income, gender, job function, and age. Cool! You can also register for a FREE monthly follow-up email, which provides support and coaching on productivity concepts. You can sign up on her website at [...]
If you know someone who works too many hours or needs to improve performance, this will be a great gift...and a must-have addition to your personal library.
on August 18, 2004
Being "organized to a fault" myself, I really wasn't expecting to find much new here. But I was very pleasantly surprised--particularly in the breadth of the topics covered--everything from how to get your kids off in the morning with all their "stuff" in hand to tips on Microsoft shortcuts. I marked quite a few new tips with Post-Its to share with my assistant to improve our team productivity. Great layout--easy to read. It's a pick-up, put-down type of book as you have a few minutes here and there to read.
on May 14, 2004
It is obvious Laura Stack has a lot of hands-on experience working with people like me who are not naturally organized. Her style is a wonderful mix of stories, examples, theory, practice and concrete tips. It's a great read, completely current and I took notes all through. I stopped from time to time to learn more about resources she mentions that I had never heard of. Naturally the book itself is masterfully organized. My only complaints are that she uses memory tools to help remember her steps that are too long for me to remember. Also there is no index. Get it anyway. I expect to return to this book again and again.
on October 13, 2005
I recommend this book for anyone who has lost the big picture of their life and where work fits into it. I have been very dissatified with work as of late. I feel like I work hard, I am there for long hours, but have not been as productive as others. Working through the exercises in the book has helped me more then I could have imagined! You have to do the work sheets. It is not a book to just skim through. As a result my goals are more streamline and priorites adjusted and as a result I get out of work earlier. I was spending time doings tasks that I felt were important but in reality were not. I just bought two more for my partners. Note I beleive this is very helpful for women, in particular, who spread themselves too thin and do too much multi-tasking. Women see all the little things at work that need done, do not necessarily delegate, and do those little things that others may not even notice. All of which in the end only waste time. I believe it is good for those work-a-holics who think they need to stay. On your death bed you will not say to yourself I should have spent more time at the office. Thank You. Nicole Bunch
on May 6, 2004
This is a superb book that will help you do your work and live your life with balance, focus, and congruence. Laura Stack shows us how to be extraordinary in business while also being wonderfully invested in the essence of family and community. Read these pages with the warmth of your heart and soul, not only with the intellect of your mind. You'll then live the width and depth of your life not merely the length of your years.
Nido Qubein, Chairman, Great Harvest Bread Company
Founder, National Speakers Association Foundation
on January 6, 2010
Many of my friends and colleagues know that I am brutally efficient. So, it is no small feat for me to recommend this time management book by Laura Stack. Starting with a quiz to assess your productivity habits, Laura steers you to specific chapters full of tips and techniques to maximize your time at work and with your teammates.

The chapters are even organized in a "PRODUCTIVE" pneumonic: Preparation, Reduction, Order, Discipline, Unease, Concentration, Time Mastery, Information Mangement, Vitality, Equilibrium. (Isn't Laura clever?) Start with the chapter with the lowest score and begin working on the item that gave you the most trouble.

Laura's writing style is easy to read, digest and apply. She has taken the world of time management and office productivity and boiled them down into ideas you can use...today!
on March 15, 2005
This book hooked me from the very start. Laura Stack begins by posing the question "What's really important in your life?" Not exactly a new concept, but her way of leading me to look at what truly matters in my life rang true as the logical beginning to setting priorities and organizing my life accordingly. This book is a really interesting mix of information, ideas, and exercises. This blend makes the book work on a number of different levels, and I suspect that after all of the other books on time management and organization get put on the shelves, this is the one that most readers will refer back to once or twice a year to keep them on track. For me, this book was a good blend of motivation and practical information. A good resource that I wholeheartedly recommend.
on December 28, 2009
Since I've gotten this book and practiced some of the things I learned, I've really noticed some improvement. Easy tips that can shave an hour here, 20 minutes there, 5 minutes here and there, and they all add up. You start off doing a self-assessment to identify the largest gaps. From here, you can, and I recommend you do, skip to your largest area of opportunity and start closing the gaps. If your like me, you'll see a improvement right away. As a recent grad who spent more time in college "GOING to study..." than actually studying, there was some real opportunity for improvement.
on June 9, 2007
This is the best book I have read on the time management.

It covers not only the principles, but also the guidelines you can follow to improve your productivity.