NOW Foods Lecithin Granules, NGE, 1 Pound
Size Name: 16 ozChange
Price:$10.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 11, 2013
Size Name: 16 ozVerified Purchase
I use this product in concert with vitamin C crystals with which I make my own 'liposomal vitamin C' (fat soluble C that is better absorbed), but this lecithin itself has its own benefits. (For those who object to soy, there is a sunflower version of lecithin - it was not quite as effective for me however). This size container should last you at least a year if you make this.

The benefits of this are too many too list. The thing is we are all exposed to radiation, pollutants, plastics and pesticides residues are everywhere in our environment, even if we eat clean as a whistle and avoid obvious exposure. Even many household products like carpets, flooring, clothing, have fire retardants and a multitude of other biological insults lurking.

This was proven when recently a scientific double blind study was run where a group of people were isolated and given only local organic everything, purified water, etc, and compared to a group with 'regular' eating/ drinking habits, and both groups had their blood tested for pollutants. The 'clean' group STILL came up BPAs and pthalates etc!

So ''harm mitigation'' is one of our best defenses, and not much beats "C" in that arena and this liposomal C version is affordable and effective. It helps de-activate many toxins (which is why IV form of vitamin C is often given in medical settings in poisoning cases or for metal exposure because of those properties).

The lecithin helps 'encapsulate' the Vitamin C with this process and means you absorb most of it - vs excreting most of it as usual). The only way to absorb a higher amount of "C" is via IV! After a day or two of using the liposomal C, you will not believe the energy and focus you have, and it also suppresses your appetite! Once made you need to refrigerate the product, keep it out of the light (I cover my jar in foil), and potency should last a few weeks, although its said really 10 days is its shelf life.

Here are the steps and links to what else you need:

Liposomal C process
Stainless Steel Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
Sonic Wave Digital Ultrasonic Jewelry Eyeglass Watches Dentures Cleaner CD-3800A
Soy or Sunflower Lecithin

100% Pure Ascorbic Acid = Vitamin C
NOW Foods Vitamin C Crystals, Ascorbic Acid, 1 Pound

Distilled Water (No tap water because of contaminations)
Blender or hand mixer because it blends better

First of all, at least 30 minutes before you start blending anything, you should:

1.) Pour 3 TBsp Lecithin into 1 cup distilled water and soak at room temperature. Within 25 minutes all the granules should be soft. This is important, do not skip.

2.) In a blender or a narrow, tall (over 7 inch tall) container for a stick or immersion blender, blend the soaked Lecithin for a few minutes. This will blend quickly.
3.) Dissolve the 1 TBsp of Vitamin C crystals in ½ cup of COOL water. Keep stirring until all the crystals disappear. This is important, do not skip.

4.) Combine the Lecithin and Vit C mixtures together with the blender.

5.) Make sure the interior of the sonic cleaner is clean. Fill to max line and run. Change water. Repeat until you feel it's clean. Do NOT use ANY cleaners, other than natural vinegar. Empty & wipe dry.

6.) Pour the blended emulsion into the sonic cleaner. Keep the lid open, use a plastic straw or non-reactive implement for stirring (something that has not been used for anything else). I sat down in front of the sonic cleaner on the counter with a timer. I set the timer for 30 minutes and kept stirring.

This is where the magic happens. Stirring makes sure as much of the liquid as possible is exposed closely to the sonic element where the encapsulation process happens.

At the end of 30 minutes, all the foam has disappeared.
When done you will have a mix that is about the color of milk. There will be some settling but shouldn't be much, less than 5% of the mix or so.

When done, pour mix into a reseal able GLASS jar and store in your refrigerator. This protocol furnishes about 12 grams (12000mg.) of vitamin C product. At 70% encapsulation efficiency, 8400 mg would be of the LET type. This
solution will keep, acceptably, at room temperature for 3 to 4 days.

Refrigerated, it will keep much longer. We use it so fast around our
place...there isn't enough left to be concerned over storage. The
" homogenizing effect " is so powerful that after 3 days at room temperature,
no precipitation or solution separation appears evident.

Dosage: Take on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before you eat and don't eat for 30 minutes after. Dosage varies... from a couple of teaspoons 2 times a day to 1-2 oz. shots 2-3 times a day. You can use the same recipe for Glutathione as well. If you start to get a headache that lasts more than a day, you could either be detoxing or you are having a reaction to the Soy Lecithin and should switch to Sunflower.

I notice after taking this, increased energy, stronger immune system, better focus, my skin looks good and my hair isn't falling. You can take breaks from it, or take more when you are ill or fighting off a virus. Some people feel taking a higher dose of C long term is not a good idea..do your research and use your best judgement.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 25, 2011
Size Name: 16 oz
'Now' lecithin granules are far much better than liquid lecithin I tried from 'Fearn' company. In fact, I think anyone would be better off with generally granules than liquid as this fatty substance has a hard time dissolving, and chewing granules is almost like food when trying to swallow it, where liquid coats your throat, teeth, and tongue to the point where it's greasy and unpleasant long lingering sensation. Liquid also leaves a bad fatty, hard to scrub off residue on a glass wall or spoon even after washing with soap and a good scrub, there is still that greasy feeling left behind, sorta of like 'waxy'. One thing I noticed is that my first NOW container had excellent taste and granule size (coarse size), where my second container some months later had a smaller size particle (almost fine) and not as pleasant taste as the first container. So batch to batch will differ! Also, once you open granules, keep them in the fridge to prevent from going rancid! As I did research on lecithin, I found out you want to have a 'yolk' based lecithin -it's the best one. Seek Non-GMO, find out where the company get is from, how it's being extracted, what chemicals are used in the process, etc.
-1 star for particle difference, different taste from batch to batch, that's it's soy derived. Otherwise a good product so far I tried!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 6, 2012
Size Name: 16 ozVerified Purchase
I have used lecithin for a very long time. A friend at the VA said the Granules were more effective and so I tried them. They are. When Lecithin hits my system, I start loosing heavy grease when I sweat and that does tell me what the effectiveness of the Lecithin is. My cholesterol indicates I have normal triglyceride's and very low cholesterol and as a non-doctor, I insist.. it lowers my cholesterol.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 6, 2011
Verified Purchase
You can buy Lecithin over the counter in capsules or in granules. Capsules are handy and the way I have always taken the stuff until I bought these granules. I discovered, at that point, lecithin tastes pretty good and adding it to a sandwich works well. Add it to your salads.. sprinkle over your roast beef.. soups are excellent, and you name it.. it sprinkles well. I am not a doctor, but I have observed that when I take Lecithin, which is a vegetable emulsifier, I move a lot of food fats out of my body. I also seriously believe it responsible for lowering my cholesterol and keeping it down around the 100 mark. I have done without it and watched my cholesterol go up, and then started taking it again and watching my cholesterol go down. It is good stuff and the 'Now' product is clean and seems to be manufactured with care. Try their capsules too because both forms work.. but the granules are thought to be more effective for removing cholesterol.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 29, 2012
Size Name: 16 oz
Within a few days of beginning to pour the lecithin over my morning cereal, I notice a big improvement in my memory and ability to analyze. I was no longer leaving out parts of routine tasks. Now my work flows smoothly without having to backtrack and complete things that I had left out. I no longer find myself having to reread what I just read to understand it, etc.NOW Foods Lecithin Granules, 2-Pounds
on June 23, 2013
Size Name: 16 ozVerified Purchase
This stuff works for what I bought it for, but tastes like dead fish. I think I will go with sunflower lecithin next time.
on March 24, 2013
Size Name: 16 ozVerified Purchase
We use this to add to high protein drinks -- the creamy texture of the lecithin really adds to our overall enjoyment, and it's healthful too!
on March 15, 2013
Size Name: 16 ozVerified Purchase
It may be gross... but it does the job perfectly. I love it and hate it at the same time.
on October 2, 2013
Size Name: 16 ozVerified Purchase
Good tasting, non-GMO product from a company I trust. I was waking up at night with heart pounding and my PA didn't have any insight about what could be causing it. Through my own research, I discovered that supplementing with lecithin could supply the essential nutrients my body was lacking, absence of which could be causing this (I have celiac disease and am also allergic to dairy and eggs, soy and sesame).
Adding 1 tablespoon of NOW lecithin to my diet every day has eliminated the heart pounding!
on March 23, 2014
Size Name: 16 ozVerified Purchase
After ingesting about 3/4's of the container, I began to feel sick. I have allergies to heavy metals, chemicals, etc., and believe I've developed an allergy to this product. If with time, the allergy goes away, I will post an addendum.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations