5.0 out of 5 stars Work is bearable once again - co-workers avoid tragic ending
Moved into brand spanking new office space that is so quiet you can hear every flatulence, chip crunch, carrot bite, soup slurp, (boorish) conversation, whisper or otherwise, every phone call (if I concentrate hard enough, both sides), keyboard click, mouse movement, tummy rumble, foot step (nicknamed a couple new clod hoppers), sniff, sneeze, coffee slurp, burp, soda can...
Published 8 months ago by Sanity Restored

3.0 out of 5 stars Best Machine I've found, but still not great
This noise machine does exactly what it says. Lots of volume settings and a fair number of fan and white noise sounds. It can get quite loud which is great for drowning out outside and background noise. The only downside I've found is clicking and speaker feedback when turned up beyond level 5. I read about this in one other review before purchasing so figured the...
Published 8 months ago by ant

‹ Previous | 1 2 375 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SENT FROM G-O-D HIMSELF!, November 24, 2013
This review is from: LectroFan - Fan Sound and White Noise Machine (Health and Beauty)
THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We moved into an upstairs apartment and our downstairs neighbors have 3 barking dogs. They let the dogs out in the front patio area at about 6 am. Every time someone walks by, a bird tweets or an ant crawls these dogs go into barking hysteria. We did everything to talk to management to even bordering up our bedroom window with sheet rock!!! Yes it got that bad! And nothing worked. Two pieces of sheet rock and we heard the dogs clear as day. We had lost all hope at this point and began waiting out our year sentence until we could move. I decided to look into a noise machine to see if something could minimize the sound at least until we moved. During my research I found a bunch of machines with sound descriptions such as 'Ocean', 'Nature', 'Waterfalls' etc. I knew these 'calming' sounds would never block out the three terrorists that lived beneath us. I knew when we had the AC it on it helped somewhat (but you still heard the dogs) but since it was cold the AC was of no use. I read the reviews on this little machine and I loved the fact that is had 'various FAN sounds' and volume control. So I said what the hey lets give it a try. Let me tell you, this machine was sent from the G-O-D himself. This machine blocked out every single solitary noise. My husband and I have slept like babies. It's the best thing ever. I was so shocked the first few mornings I thought the dogs weren't outside. I thought there is no way this machine has completely blocked out these dogs. But lo and behold, one morning I got up from a great night sleep and walked in the living room and the dogs were barking at there normal level and not a peep was heard in the bedroom. This is the best investment I've made in a long time. BTW I have been purchasing items on Amazon for years, this is my first review. I felt compelled to share my new found glory with others :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Dohm..., October 19, 2013
The LectroFan just arrived and it is (as others have said) smaller, better sounding, and more solidly built than I expected.

I had the Dohm for two nights. It was too loud, even on the lowest setting, and had more of a seashell quality to the sound. I tried imagining that I was on a plane, but in the end the volume and squawky frequency peak just bothered my wife and me.

This little LectroFan is much more controllable, and the settings are great. We have chosen Fan #6, but there are several that would work for us. I can hear no looping, and the sounds are very realistic and different. The whitenoise selections are very good as well, with a big and deep response. The Dohm sounded like a seashell or airplane, but this sounds more like the beach on the first couple whitenoise settings. The higher whitenoise settings are a little harsh, unless set low on the volume.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. The included USB cable even plugged into my clock right next to it. And, because the sound can be turned way down, it works much better on my nightstand. It's too new to judge reliability, but if it lasts there is not much else we could ask for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good choice for picky people, February 2, 2014
First disclaimer: I am overly pick about sound. This unit will work more than adequately for most people. However, it just didn't work for me as I could hear... something I didn't like in the sounds. I ended up returning it after several nights of trying to use it to sleep. If you're the type of person who can't have a fan on if it makes any sort of repeating, unnatural sound, this unit probably isn't for you either. I couldn't fall asleep as I was concentrating on what I hated about it and ended up having to turn it off each night.

First things first, most of the settings are useless. There are White Noise and Fan settings, and only about 2 settings on either the fan or white noise are really useful. Some of the fan noises are terrible, and I can't imagine anybody using them. The higher frequency white noises are just as useless. Only the lower frequency settings are reasonably useful.

Second, the volume, while fully adjustable, does have distortion and crackles when turned up to the levels I'd actually like to use it at. The speaker quality is better than the cheaper units (homemedics) and can be used at higher volumes than those units, but still apparently is not where it needs to be for me.

Third, even on the good settings, there is some sort of resonance the unit emits that I could never get over. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it was making noise that was not natural and was off-putting to me, this was my major issue with the unit, and it even did it at low volumes. Based on the sounds, I would guess that the unit doesn't emit recordings on the the white noise settings, rather it is based on a computer program, so I would guess it is a speaker/amplification issue.

Overall, if you are not insane about sounds and won't lay there and focus on the sound, you will probably think this is a great noisemaker. It would probably be great for an infants or childs room. However, if you are picky like me, I don't think you will enjoy it. I ended up returning it and ordering another Dohm dual speed fan-style noisemaker. I was really hoping this would be a good alternative that gets louder than the Dohm (my main issue with the Dohm is that it doesn't get loud enough to block out everything), and was more well built than the cheaper than the Homemedic's sound machines (which I use for travelling). But alas, this unit was not for me due to, primarily, the resonance issues...

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, great sleep., October 25, 2013
To put it simply, this white noise machine keeps me from hearing my upstairs neighbors. I don't know what they do up there, but before the white noise, I heard what sounded like pole vaulting while carrying a bag of bricks. After using the white noise, the sound from upstairs is muted and dulled to a softer, less harsh crash.

The machine itself is very well built and provides deep sound at great volume. Other reviews have gone into detail about the acoustics of it, so I won't.

It is just a great machine that has given me the gift of sleep again. Maybe there are better ones out there, this is the only one I've tried, and it works well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars LectroFan, October 17, 2013
Great little machine. I was surprised that such a little machine could do such a fantastic job of masking sound. I would recommend this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Dreams!, October 2, 2013
Our family sleeps with box fans for white noise which gives us a peaceful, uninterrupted sleep. We finally were able to go on a family vacation (a cruise!) but were not able to bring a fan. So we bought the LectroFan machine based on user reviews. Is small so made it very easy to travel with. Has lots of choices and worked like a charm! YAAAYYY!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got my sanity back, January 16, 2014
I live in a small apartment and share a thin bedroom wall with a very noisy neighbor who likes to blast her TV all night. Since my bedroom faces the outside street, I also hear all the street noises, including garbage pick up, lawnmowers, honking horns, etc. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in years........UNTIL NOW!
This amazing Machine covers up all of these noises so I can fall asleep and then it lets me stay asleep. I am so impressed. At first I was worried because of its small size. But the other reviews I read were correct.....it's small but powerful. The volume control will go from very quiet to very loud. Even at maximum volume, there is absolutely no sound distortion or machine vibration. Originally I purchased this item for the varying "fan" sounds because I never heard a "white noise" sound I liked.......UNTIL NOW! I highly recommend this product.
It's also perfect for night stands as it does not take up a lot of room as other brands do and does not look gaudy. Whatever sound or pitch you prefer, you never have to worry about looping or repeating sounds. They are continuous, smooth and I find very soothing sounds. There is also a timer function, in 1 hour increments, which you can use to turn machine off. I prefer to let mine run all night. Another plus is that the LectroFan comes with a USB cable that can also be plugged into a PC or laptop to power the unit. If you find the power adapter a little too bulky for your outlet, another user mentioned using an extension cord with it.
I'm ordering a second LectroFan and have recommended this to my sister. It's so nice to be able to go to bed without being apprehensive about whether I'll be able to sleep or not. Nite....Nite

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing really IS good, February 7, 2014
monkuboy (Temple City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I already had three different sleep sound machines but was intrigued by the LectroFan because of the many great reviews and also because it makes a variety of fan noises, something that none of the other three do. It would seem to me that the monotonous and constant droning of a fan would be a good way to not only drown out noise but help me go to sleep. My wife snores (which is good that I don't use my real name here) and I also thought that a fan noise would be more effective at masking the sound of snoring, than the other sounds that come on my other machines. I don't see how some of those other sounds help you sleep anyway - instead they would drive me crazy so I would only use the rainfall sounds.

Anyway, I sent for the LectroFan, and I tried it out. And.. it was defective. I would get static on all of the different fan noise variations, and sometimes the sound would cut out intermittently, and sometimes it just stopped altogether. This seemed due to the power cord, because jiggling it affected the sound. I was going to return it but then noticed one of the few one-star reviews described the same problem I had. And I noticed someone from LectroFan urged them to call so they could take care of the problem.

That's what I did - I called Lectrofan and am very pleased to say that the gentleman who answered the phone was very apologetic about my problem and right away offered to send me a new unit. Two days later a box arrived via USPS Priority Mail with a replacement unit, along with a prepaid postage label to return the defective unit. Now that's excellent service!

I plugged in the replacement and it worked fine. I am very happy with this product. There's a good variety of fan noises (it also has white noise but I don't use it), it is really easy to operate, and it can get plenty loud - much louder than I need it to be, but at least it does have that capability. I also like how compact it is. My other sleep sound machines are much larger.

I find the fan noise to be very effective and helpful as a sleep assistant. It does a good job of masking sounds - like snoring.

What I am most pleased about is the excellent support I got when I called about having a defective unit. I am definitely happy I made this purchase. I was sort of skeptical about there being so many glowing reviews, especially when the first one didn't work right, but after having tried a proper one myself you can add me to the list of glowing reviews. It's a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful sound machine, October 26, 2013
Jean M. Schuck (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
High quality. Worth the price. So many option settings. Best one I've found on the market ! Drowns out all noises. I sleep so much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is awesome, October 10, 2013
Cathy Allen (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have been sleeping with a white noise machine and a box fan for years. This cute little thing is small, light, pretty, and LOUD. The different fan settings are great. I love it. I just ordered two more for family.

‹ Previous | 1 2 375 | Next ›