1,598 Reviews
 (1,371)

5.0 out of 5 stars Work is bearable once again - co-workers avoid tragic ending
Moved into brand spanking new office space that is so quiet you can hear every flatulence, chip crunch, carrot bite, soup slurp, (boorish) conversation, whisper or otherwise, every phone call (if I concentrate hard enough, both sides), keyboard click, mouse movement, tummy rumble, foot step (nicknamed a couple new clod hoppers), sniff, sneeze, coffee slurp, burp, soda can...
Published 15 months ago by Sanity Restored

3.0 out of 5 stars Best Machine I've found, but still not great
This noise machine does exactly what it says. Lots of volume settings and a fair number of fan and white noise sounds. It can get quite loud which is great for drowning out outside and background noise. The only downside I've found is clicking and speaker feedback when turned up beyond level 5. I read about this in one other review before purchasing so figured the...
Published 14 months ago by ant

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, September 13, 2013
This review is from: LectroFan - Fan Sound and White Noise Machine, White (Health and Beauty)
For years we have been traveling with a small 'clean air' machine to block out hotel and cruise ship cabin noises however it was still fairly bulky and added weight to our luggage. After searching stores, I found this little beauty on Amazon and am amazed at everything about it! Not only is it tiny and fits in my tote bag, but the volume has an incredible range and the fan sounds have no loop and are the real deal. It also doesn't vibrate off the nightstand! So if you need fan sounds or white noise to sleep well on your travels, look no further, this is the one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful all around., June 12, 2014
I'm very picky when it comes to fan sounds, but this provides a nice selection of them. Although I initially bought this for the fan sounds, I listen to the white noises as well. Some sounds are irritating, and some are soothing. It took me a couple of days to adjust the sound and volume until I could find what works best for me. I can sleep well to it, and I also leave it on constantly during the day. In fact, it's been running nonstop since I plugged it in the first time.

The reason why I picked this sound machine over all the most popular ones is because of its appearance. It's small and looks perfect on my white desk (see photos). I can't wait to travel with it, because I can just throw it into my purse and plug it into an external battery pack. But really, the best thing about it is just being able to adjust the type of noise and volume.

The LectroFan goes above and beyond my expectations, as I tossed my real fan into the closet somewhere...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good choice for picky people, February 2, 2014
First disclaimer: I am overly pick about sound. This unit will work more than adequately for most people. However, it just didn't work for me as I could hear... something I didn't like in the sounds. I ended up returning it after several nights of trying to use it to sleep. If you're the type of person who can't have a fan on if it makes any sort of repeating, unnatural sound, this unit probably isn't for you either. I couldn't fall asleep as I was concentrating on what I hated about it and ended up having to turn it off each night.

First things first, most of the settings are useless. There are White Noise and Fan settings, and only about 2 settings on either the fan or white noise are really useful. Some of the fan noises are terrible, and I can't imagine anybody using them. The higher frequency white noises are just as useless. Only the lower frequency settings are reasonably useful.

Second, the volume, while fully adjustable, does have distortion and crackles when turned up to the levels I'd actually like to use it at. The speaker quality is better than the cheaper units (homemedics) and can be used at higher volumes than those units, but still apparently is not where it needs to be for me.

Third, even on the good settings, there is some sort of resonance the unit emits that I could never get over. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it was making noise that was not natural and was off-putting to me, this was my major issue with the unit, and it even did it at low volumes. Based on the sounds, I would guess that the unit doesn't emit recordings on the the white noise settings, rather it is based on a computer program, so I would guess it is a speaker/amplification issue.

Overall, if you are not insane about sounds and won't lay there and focus on the sound, you will probably think this is a great noisemaker. It would probably be great for an infants or childs room. However, if you are picky like me, I don't think you will enjoy it. I ended up returning it and ordering another Dohm dual speed fan-style noisemaker. I was really hoping this would be a good alternative that gets louder than the Dohm (my main issue with the Dohm is that it doesn't get loud enough to block out everything), and was more well built than the cheaper than the Homemedic's sound machines (which I use for travelling). But alas, this unit was not for me due to, primarily, the resonance issues...

5.0 out of 5 stars LectroFan Works Great, September 23, 2013
DBLTAK (Phoenix, Az) - See all my reviews
I am pleased with the LectroFan. I tend to always use a fan in the summertime while sleeping. The neighbors have a dog that barks nights. My 20" fan drowns out the barking and helps me sleep but it's not practical for cooler nights. The LectroFan does a great job and I found a fan sound on it that is nearly identical to my regular fan. It has plenty of volume and seems to be well built. If I could make an improvement it would be the plug. It sticks out from the wall a good three inches. A 90* angled plug would be better. An extension cord solves the problem for me, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got my sanity back, January 16, 2014
I live in a small apartment and share a thin bedroom wall with a very noisy neighbor who likes to blast her TV all night. Since my bedroom faces the outside street, I also hear all the street noises, including garbage pick up, lawnmowers, honking horns, etc. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in years........UNTIL NOW!
This amazing Machine covers up all of these noises so I can fall asleep and then it lets me stay asleep. I am so impressed. At first I was worried because of its small size. But the other reviews I read were correct.....it's small but powerful. The volume control will go from very quiet to very loud. Even at maximum volume, there is absolutely no sound distortion or machine vibration. Originally I purchased this item for the varying "fan" sounds because I never heard a "white noise" sound I liked.......UNTIL NOW! I highly recommend this product.
It's also perfect for night stands as it does not take up a lot of room as other brands do and does not look gaudy. Whatever sound or pitch you prefer, you never have to worry about looping or repeating sounds. They are continuous, smooth and I find very soothing sounds. There is also a timer function, in 1 hour increments, which you can use to turn machine off. I prefer to let mine run all night. Another plus is that the LectroFan comes with a USB cable that can also be plugged into a PC or laptop to power the unit. If you find the power adapter a little too bulky for your outlet, another user mentioned using an extension cord with it.
I'm ordering a second LectroFan and have recommended this to my sister. It's so nice to be able to go to bed without being apprehensive about whether I'll be able to sleep or not. Nite....Nite

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-built "white noise" machine with a variety of sounds, September 14, 2013
This device is much smaller than I expected, but the sound that it produces is surprisingly rich and easily fills even a large bedroom. There are many volume and "white noise" sound variations to choose from including those intended to sound like various electric fans. The apparent build quality of the product is higher than the typical mass produced throwaway gadget intended to compete on price alone. Of course time will tell whether that is true, but this thing was obviously not designed by someone whose top priority was cost reduction. That's refreshing in a world where consumers have been trained to buy by price alone and then throw the thing away when it breaks in a year (or less).

Power use is about 2 watts (very good) which is an important consideration if you plan to use the thing frequently. Replacing an electric fan that you use for "white noise" with LectroFan will save quite a bit of electricity over the lifetime of the product. That may be good for the planet, blah blah blah, but it is definitely good for the wallet.

I am very happy with the purchase and plan to buy another one as soon as they are back in stock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Dohm..., October 19, 2013
The LectroFan just arrived and it is (as others have said) smaller, better sounding, and more solidly built than I expected.

I had the Dohm for two nights. It was too loud, even on the lowest setting, and had more of a seashell quality to the sound. I tried imagining that I was on a plane, but in the end the volume and squawky frequency peak just bothered my wife and me.

This little LectroFan is much more controllable, and the settings are great. We have chosen Fan #6, but there are several that would work for us. I can hear no looping, and the sounds are very realistic and different. The whitenoise selections are very good as well, with a big and deep response. The Dohm sounded like a seashell or airplane, but this sounds more like the beach on the first couple whitenoise settings. The higher whitenoise settings are a little harsh, unless set low on the volume.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. The included USB cable even plugged into my clock right next to it. And, because the sound can be turned way down, it works much better on my nightstand. It's too new to judge reliability, but if it lasts there is not much else we could ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars a "little" noise goes a long way, November 6, 2013
My husband snores really, really loudly. My ears were getting sore from the earplugs I had to use, plus I hated not being able to hear anything, in case of an emergency. I found that having a fan next to my side of the bed helped me sleep in the summer, and it drowned out his snoring, but it got to be too cool in the winter. So I decided to try the LectroFan machine. Wow! Perfect! I put the machine right at the head of my side of the bed and turned it on to a low fan sound. It doesn't "drown out" the snoring by being loud , but seems to just make other noise fade away. It has been a lifesaver for me; I sleep soundly and comfortably without earplugs now. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars LectroFan, October 17, 2013
Great little machine. I was surprised that such a little machine could do such a fantastic job of masking sound. I would recommend this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Dreams!, October 2, 2013
Our family sleeps with box fans for white noise which gives us a peaceful, uninterrupted sleep. We finally were able to go on a family vacation (a cruise!) but were not able to bring a fan. So we bought the LectroFan machine based on user reviews. Is small so made it very easy to travel with. Has lots of choices and worked like a charm! YAAAYYY!

LectroFan - Fan Sound and White Noise Machine, White