5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have resource
This is one of my must-have resources when teaching high school astronomy to seniors. After students have worked through a tutorial, the knowledge is their own and they don't forget it, even months later. This newest edition (3rd) includes a fair amount of great new material on hot topics, like dark matter and such, so it's worth investing in the new edition.
Published 13 months ago by HS_Science_Teacher

2.0 out of 5 stars I was not happy with this book
Published 3 months ago by shabriese

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have resource, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Lecture-Tutorials for Introductory Astronomy, 3rd Edition (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars I was not happy with this book, July 10, 2014
I was not happy with this book. I really needed this book for my class (majority of my grade came from this book and questions). I assumed that all the pages were there, but to my surprise as my teacher started assigning pages, I did not have certain pages. I missed at least 4 different assignments behind this. I just encourage everybody to check to see that all the pages are there when you receive a used book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing 30 pages!!!, October 6, 2014
The description says 44 sections. False. This book is missing pages 105-135 representing the following sections:

Greenhouse Effect
Temperature and Formation of Our Solar System
Sun Size
H-R Diagram
Star Formation and Lifetimes
Binary Stars
Motion of Extrasolar Planets
Stellar Evolution

So, if your astronomy class won't be teaching the solar system, stars, or planets outside the solar system, then this is the book for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pages Missing, June 4, 2014
Great book, but lots of pages were missing, and I was not able to do my homework assignments and was not able to do my projects either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed it for class, October 10, 2013
The teacher at my college required us to have it for class. The work in it is pretty simple, then again my teacher doesn't check it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book came very nice. I did not receive a product code or ..., August 3, 2014
This book came very nice. I did not receive a product code or CD ROM to use online for the book other then that I am very pleased with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shipping's too slow., February 24, 2014
The product is exactly what I ordered. Packaging was fine. My main problem with this is Two-Day Shipping. When I paid extra for Two-Day shipping, I expected to have it in two day's time, which was a day or so before I needed it. Instead, it got shipped out two days earlier from the warehouse, but still took over a week to get to me! Two-Day shipping just means they'll put it near the top of the list to be shipped out! NOT that it'll arrive in two days time! False-advertising on that.

The product itself is exactly what I need, btw. The only thing I'm glad about is that I can purchase this without buying the textbook, which I already own. This is the only place I know of to do this, every other place bundles this together with the textbook and jacks up the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, September 1, 2014
Terrible. It showed up one month late and didn't teach me anything. Complete waste of money

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 23, 2014
Exactly what I needed for astronomy class!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, September 15, 2014
It is exactly what I expected.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lecture-Tutorials for Introductory Astronomy, 3rd Edition
Lecture-Tutorials for Introductory Astronomy, 3rd Edition by Jeffrey P. Adams (Paperback - August 13, 2012)
$39.20 $31.61