Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 7, 2013
Having read just 20% of the book this is one of the most cogent, sensible and occasionally humorous books on the subject of freethinking I've yet read. If you're a doubting believer and are looking for some well thought out support to your doubts, this would be a good place to go. If you're a non-believer and comfortable where you are, this is an interesting glimpse into one of Darwin's contemporaries who also had the courage of his convictions to orate and write of them. If you're a steadfast believer you might want to give this book a wide berth as it might open your eyes, change your life, and make this world a better place.
on September 2, 2013
As an avid skeptic and believer in asking questions, the Colonel never fails to elucidate matters and bring them into focus. For those who have not read a quote or book by R.G. Ingersoll; do so as soon as possible. I believe you will find yourself as a small child in a candy store.
on August 1, 2011
The book I got my Kindle for. A great read for the compassionate rationalist.

A book of intelligent lectures for the atheist and agnostic.
on March 7, 2013
R.G. Ingersoll challenges your beliefs in a very prodigious manner! His wit and oratory skills are simply amazing! A must read for all ages!
on June 26, 2015
It's amazing that the Coronel was so brave and outspoken and MODERN, back in the 1880s. The picturesque 19th century writing aside; his well thoughtout rants against all brands of theism are as appropriate now as ever. I highly recommend this book!
on July 4, 2015
great - should be required reading in all school at all levels -- there is something for everyone.
on September 25, 2015
I cannot write a true review. Why? Because after reading for many,many hours I have read 4% of the 12 volumes. I can tell you they are brilliant without hesitation. The thought, language and heart Mr. Ingerson gave us simply cannot be measured. I am embarrassed to say I had never heard of him until I read Susan Jacoby's biography, and her criticism of the "new" atheists for not invoking his work.

Ms. Jacoby is correct. What he perceived in the late 1800s was magnificent. He understood so much without the benefit of Einstein or Dawkins. What a gift.