5.0 out of 5 stars Zoso Defines Rock
Published on February 13, 2012 by P. Kemmerling

2.0 out of 5 stars MP3 Album NOT The Remastered Version!
Beware that the MP3 album for sale here is NOT the remastered version, even though it's linked to the remastered CD version on the amazon site. I discovered this after purchasing and listening to it. The audio is muddy and full of dropouts, and basically sounds like an old audio cassette. This is why it's only $8.
Published on August 26, 2008 by B Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoso Defines Rock, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
I can't understand how people could rate one of the best albums in classic rock history anything lower than a 5-star. As a teen, I used to sneak my dad's vinyl album version (until eventually I bought my own), and as an adult I've purchased both CD and MP3 of this album. I don't mind that it isn't re-mastered; when you're dealing with a classic, it doesn't need to be changed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Greatest Albums of the Rock Era, February 23, 2010
JPfromOH (northeastern Ohio) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
Led Zeppelin IV (which technically isn't its title, but you can't really have an untitled album, can you?) is one of the greatest albums of the entire rock era. After just about wearing out a vinyl copy, I decided to bite when Amazon offered a download of the mp3 version of the album for $5. Rather than repeating endless words for the many reviews of the album, I will deal specifically with the digital download. The downloadable album is crystal clear -- if it is not technically CD quality, it is difficult to tell. The remastering and the Amazon version is brilliant, with the acoustic instruments of "The Battle of Evermore" sounding clear and resonant. I have never heard any CD version of this album, so it is somewhat difficult to compare the mp3 version to other digital versions; however, it is important to note that this download lacks the overly edgy quality of some of the early digital versions of recordings from the analog era. Excellent music, one of the great rock performances ever, excellent writing, and a solid digitalization with both depth and clarity -- what more could you ask for? Oh, yes, at $5 it is one of the best bargains at Amazon.com.

2.0 out of 5 stars MP3 Album NOT The Remastered Version!, August 26, 2008
B Brown (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best ever, July 31, 2014
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
An amazing, quintessential rock'n roll album. It's one of those albums where every song is a classic.
Black Dog and Rock And Roll are blistering rockers. The Battle of Evermore and Going to California are fantastic emotional acoustic tracks. Misty Mountain Hop and Four Sticks are great off kilter tracks with the patented Zeppelin spice. And then there's Stairway to Heaven, sure it's overplayed, but that's a result of it legitimately being one of the greatest, most epic rock tracks of all time. A classic and essential album.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS EVER CREATED, October 2, 2012
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
I'm 26 and I've been listening to Zepp since I found out about them on 2001, back in high school. I've always listened to classic rock but when I first listened to Misty Mountain hop I felt like I had awakened ,like I never fully experienced rock until that moment ...they have the unique music style that my soul craved ,at that moment I listened to it I felt like I was complete. I just love how the guitar and bass intertwines beautifully with the drums. And how Plant provides the jolt of power that makes it a masterpiece ,It's out of this world ,it's like music from the gods ...whenever I feel down I know that Led Zeppelin is there to make everything alright again. I really cannot describe in words how awesome and how unique this band is ,one just has to listen to them to understand. I would definitely recommend anyone to buy this Album ..or any of them ,all of their music is unique and one of the most precious treasures that will never be matched by anyone or anything... they just have no match ,it's a real shame that most of today's generation don't know of this music ,most of them listen to garbage now in days. I'm trying to teach my kid about this music so that he may one day come to appreciate them as much as I do ,and hopefully in a future he'll do the same with his kids :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rock Album Of The 20th Century, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
This was my very first Led Zeppelin Lp record. I purchased it in 1975, four years after it's release. I consider it to be not only their best album, but the best Rock & Roll album by any band. And I'm saying this even though my favorite band of all time is The Beatles. Even though 'Revolver' was voted the best Rock & Roll album of the 20th Century, I feel that Led Zeppelin IV deserves that spot. It's not 'timeless' per say, but it does reflect the time in which it was created. I'm surprised it's the least expensive mp3 download on Amazon. This is the one recording by any group that I feel is flawless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Someone told me there's a girl out there................., October 6, 2014
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
Amazing how the appreciation of certain arts changes as you age...................................
I did not like this song when I was 18! All it was, for me, was a soft, relaxing ballad that you had to listen to on the way to listening to Stairway to Heaven. And, we listened, bleary-eyed, after getting smashed on keggers the night before.

Now, in my late 50s, I can't get enough of "Goin' to California with an achin' in my heart...............".
Question: Was there ANY male rock star back in the early 70s who didn't fall in love with Joni Mitchell??

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
What can you say, It is a classic of all times. There is not a better Rock and Roll album.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, August 22, 2013
nellie jones (hawaii United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
Great song [Rock 'n Roll]with words that bring back the 70's. Robert Plant at his peak on "Rock and Roll " along with a few of his others like Kashmir,etc. I guess at that time he was always at his peak. No one has come close except Axl did for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Zeppelin album ever!, August 12, 2013
This review is from: Led Zeppelin IV (MP3 Music)
Many, many great Zeppelin out there, but this one stands apart. By far, the most well thought out album out there. Each tune has it's own personality. Even if you're a fan and you've never heard this one, do yourself a favor and give this one a listen. Absolutely one of the best albums out there.Led Zeppelin IV

Led Zeppelin IV