5.0 out of 5 stars More than meets the eye
Published on November 4, 2011 by Dark Helmet

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT actually 365nm
Purchased this item to test for NDT applications. Using our calibrated spectroradiometer, the LEDs put out UV-A at 375nm, not the 365nm as advertised. This disallows it from being used for fluorescent NDT inspections. Do not believe the specifications published or printed on the product.
Published 15 months ago by D. Geis

5.0 out of 5 stars More than meets the eye, November 4, 2011
I bought this blacklight to charge glow in the dark fishing lures. I do a lot of night fishing and needed something portable and durable I could take with me and keep in my tackle bag. Fluorescent tube blacklights were out of the question. Too bulky and fragile. Cheaper 395 or 405nm LED flashlights take FOREVER to charge the glow, and the glow pigments used in most lures fades quickly. You spend almost as much time charging the glow as you do fishing. Not with this baby! It charges lures in seconds.

When you buy a 365nm blacklight, it's extremely important to understand what you are buying. 365nm is below the range of human vision. Ultraviolet LEDs have broad peaks in the spectrum of light they emit, so a little of the light is within the range we can see. That means the light from this flashlight LOOKS dim and weak. Unless you shine it within inches of your hand, you won't see the light at all if you're looking at it in normal lighting conditions. The light from this flashlight is very pale purple-ish blue, not the deeper purple of cheaper LED blacklights. But when you shine it on items that fluoresce, it makes them light up like crazy!

If you want maximum oomph on glow in the dark or fluorescent items, 365nm is definitely the way to go.

UPDATE: 2 years later and still going strong!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT actually 365nm, May 31, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars ultra violet black light, October 6, 2009
This review is from: Ledwholesalers 400 Nm Uv Ultra Violet Blacklight Flashlight 3 Aaa, 7301uv400 (Sports)
I bought this one to replace one that didn't seem to work for me. This one works fine. Definitely shows up where my cat had his "accidents" when he was sick. Even if it isn't pitch black in the room the glow shows up very well. Have never used one of these before but would say this one really did the job I needed it for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as powerful as I'd of hoped., January 29, 2010
Whitney N. Ledbetter (New Braunfels, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this UV light to look for traces of dog & cat urine in my home. I have tried everything from shampooing carpets to using all those dusty powders on them. I heard that a UV light can pick up on the stains of old & new traces of urine. While my bathroom glowed like a night light, my carpets did very little. I even took a potty pad that has fresh urine on it, took it into my bathroom & closed the door so there was absolutely no trace of light - & the spot never glowed atall. To use this light, or any other UV light for that matter, you need absolute darkness. There were spots in the bedrooms that glowed very faintly, but you basically had to get on your hands & knees to see it. Overall, for tile & wood floors, this light works amazingly - but as far as carpets, you're better off ordering something stronger.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great!!, October 15, 2011
I put batteries in this flashlight and, it was a whole new world opened up.. Places I thought I cleaned would show smudges and stains that I cannot see under regular light. I even checked bills, it will tell you in a big hurry if your dollars are real or not. Its effective range outside is around 15 feet but other than that, works as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars good light for cat pee, September 26, 2010
I bought this to find spots on the carpet where the cat peed. It works well, but you have to wait until dark and turn off the lights. There were a few parts of the house that stank, but we couldn't tell exactly where the pee was. When we used this, we discovered that we had been spraying natures miracle in the wrong place. When we identified and sprayed the pee spot, the smell went away. A lot of things besides cat pee glow, but cat pee seems to glow with a yellowish color. I decided to spray the spots with the yellowish color that i saw on the litter granules or spots that smelled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blacklight Flashlight, July 10, 2009
Works fine, does what I need it to do, It does not come with batteries but don't let that not be the reason to buy it, strong and durable, it works very well within a three to four foot area, any more then that you may need something stronger, overall a very nice item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for the price, December 10, 2010
Very good value long wave UV light particularly when compared with 395 nM 51 UV Ultraviolet LED flashlight Blacklight 3 AA, 7202UV395 which while more powerful emits quite a bit of visible light which reduces its effectiveness. This light is bright enough (in UV) to work moderately well in shaded daylight for pet stains etc and works well in a dark area. Does not put out much non UV light which is a plus. Excellent for close work looking at documents or currency. I would say it earned 4 stars for effectiveness and and extra one for value, as it is under $10.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Black Light!, October 24, 2011
This light is excellent if you are looking for a fairly cheap true black light. The light is barely visible but it illuminates a wide range of UV responsive materials well. I tested it with Ukraine and US currency and it glowed. The 365 nanometer light wave makes all the difference. Don't settle for anything more in frequency as you will lose responsible.
The housing was better than expected. I've bought things like this before and they usually broke quickly, had lose parts, or had LEDs burn out. This was not the case with this product. I'd buy form this place again. Hope this helps people!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, March 10, 2010
No complaints at all after owning this UV flashlight for over 3 weeks. I primarily use it to check ID's and high currency for their invisible markings. Would recommend it to a friend if they were looking for an inexpensive and reliable flashlight.

Rate and Discover Movies