5.0 out of 5 stars awesome shorts!
Published 24 months ago by UpDownAllAround

3.0 out of 5 stars If only they used quality zippers...
These would have been great shorts if only they had used quality zippers. I look for shorts that have zippered pockets so that items stay secure when we're on the go at amusement parks, on hikes, or traveling. Unfortunately, the zippers on these pockets stick and are hard to open and close, making them undesirable to wear.
Published 7 months ago by MAC

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome shorts!, January 26, 2013
UpDownAllAround (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Updated Review 4/10/14: I just bought 2 more of the Lee Compound Zipper Cargo in "military" color and 2 in "smoke camo." Just a quick note - the smoke camo do fit just a bit larger in the waist than the other colors - and that's consistent with all 3 pairs I have. All my 30" Lee cargo shorts fit are just short of 'snug,' and the smoke camo have a little wiggle room. Hope that helps! Of the two styles I purchased I prefer the Lee Compound over the Wyoming. The compound zipper is a little lighter weight material and they don't feel heavy on me. I rarely wear my wyoming shorts, but wear the compound zipper all the time... so I bought 4 more pair. Still love 'em!
-------------
Original Review:
The waist on the 30" fit my waist, but I have thick thighs & glutes, so I went with the 32" and they are absolutely perfect. The 32" hits right at my knee, perfect fit through the thighs, and just the perfect amount of room in the waist. NOTE on the color: Military is more of a brownish hue than green. If you're looking for a green military short, go with the 'Jungle' color in the "Wyoming" Lee Cargo. Both the "Wyoming" and the "Compound" are 100% cotton and shrink just a smidge, but the "Compound" feels like a slightly lighter weight than the "Wyoming" and the cargo pockets have a different layout. I'd suggest trying one of each and seeing which you like best. I ended up with 2 pair of "Compound" and 5 pair of "Wyoming". I LOVE them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shorts for the money, May 6, 2013
These shorts are good quality, but not perfect. I feel this product still deserves 5 stars because for the price they are very nice. They are made from a rip stop-like material but they are not as durable as true rip stop fabric. They fit very well. I am almost always a 33" waist in jean and a 36" inseam - I ordered the 33" waist. These shorts fit great in the waist and hit me right at the knees when standing. The material is light and easy to move in. The stitching seems solid at all failure points. I like the many pockets that are available for gear and every day items. The rear pockets are a little shallow if you have a larger wallet, but will still close and Velcro, but just not real well. My only complaint is the main pockets (not the cargo pockets) are made with a thin material sewn into the pocket. I foresee this getting holes in the future from keys poking through, pocket knives wearing on it, or just shoving you hands in them all the time. Other than that issue I really like then. They will be great for warm weather fun, I just need to know their limitations concerning rugged use.

3.0 out of 5 stars If only they used quality zippers..., June 3, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, June 27, 2013
I was trying to purchase shorts that had a baggy feel. I purchased these one size larger than I needed and I am happy with them. They are lightweight, but durable.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars for oversizing, September 24, 2013
Aleksandr Smirnov (Saint Petersburg, Russia) - See all my reviews
Good quality summer workwear. Lenght excellent but too loose in waist. I bought waist 36 but it is realy like a 37-38

5.0 out of 5 stars So soft - yet durable, February 28, 2013
These shorts are great. Soft yet durable. I bought 2 pairs of these about 6 years ago and they just finally wore out after significant use - hence the replacements. I switched between the pairs and wore them daily for everything from yardwork (I did 100's of hours of yardwork in these as I was in college) to boating, to frisbee, to camping. These new ones feel about the same as far as quality goes - but only time will tell. I hate the belt that comes with them - it is too stiff and hard to get off when the need arises and doesn't stay tight when you need it to either... major failure... so I threw them away... perhaps with a lot of use they would loosen up and be fine though... I didn't give them much of a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, September 29, 2013
I got these for my boyfriend and he loves them. Where's them way too much. They fit him nice in the thighs to where they are really comfy. He has washed them many times and they are holding up great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, November 15, 2013
Love these shorts so much I bought them in another color too, sizing is spot on and the fit is great feels very comfortable and looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me., December 24, 2014
Great fit on me, I can fit into most 38's but the inner thighs are always tight. So I went with the 42's and while they're a tad loose around the waist, they're perfect fit everywhere else. The material isn't quite as heavy as I'm used to, but the build quality still seems good.

Been looking for shorts with a zippered pocket to keep my iPhone 6 plus safe while at work (On a farm). The phone with a medium sized tough case fits nice and snug.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, January 3, 2013
These shorts are a great fit and very comfertable, Some of the stiching is kinda freid, I would buy them again

Lee Men's Belted Compound Zipper Cargo Short