4.0 out of 5 stars Good service from Lee on missing part
Published on April 28, 2011 by Frankie

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate Product Description
Do not pay attention to the Product Description, YOU NEED ADAPTER RINGS. I'm certain that the holder is exactly as it should be, however, the product description is wrong. I spent a considerable amount of money (since I also purchased filters) with the intent of using them on a two week excursion and now I will not be able to. The product description states:...
Published on August 15, 2008 by MurphyGirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good service from Lee on missing part, April 28, 2011
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
I've had one of these for years, with several graduated filters, and 2 of the adapter rings to fit various lenses. Note that if you buy a large enough adapter ring, you can then theoretically use cheaper step-down rings to fit your smaller lenses. Also note, there's a brass screw which is part of an assembly on the side of the "Foundation" including a spring and a small brass wedge which combine to hold the adapter ring in the Foundation. This, unfortunately, does occasionally come unscrewed on its own, usually in your camera bag, leaving the 3 pieces potentially separated until you re-assemble. Doesn't happen every day, but every few months of dinging around in your bag. So keep the whole thing in its pouch or a plastic bag when not in use. GOOD NEWS: If you do lose these parts, they are easily ordered from Lee directly. I called them the other day, phone was answered immediately, and in 60 seconds they took my name and are sending me the wedge piece which I finally lost in the field (I still had the screw and spring). All at no charge to me. More than I expected, so THANKS to Lee for standing behind their product. I'll put some "loctite" on the threads this time and maybe it'll stay together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, December 6, 2008
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
Best on the market. Better thought out than Cokin's stuff I use on my old camera. Previous review is really the buyer's issue for not researching. Item is titled foundation kit...all systems require adapters for slrs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid base for filter set, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
I love the Lee foundation. It is much easier to use than Cokin and provides a stable holder for their filters.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW and pop your lanscape scenes, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
I can't believe I have been shooting landscapes all these years without these filters. Learned about them in a landscape seminar and WOW they make such a difference in camera. Farily expensive but worth it. I can't wait to get more of them with other features and colors

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Hold Lee filters in front of your lens. Simple on and off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
Just getting started using this filter holder with a graduated ND filter, but find it very easy to clip on/off the adapter ring, and I'm very happy with the results I am getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great add on, May 27, 2013
Uwe Haller (San Jose, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
Tried on recent trip to the Southwest and worked as advertised. With the right filter is produced some outstanding images. Works fine in a dusty environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars To use with the Lee Filters, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
It's necessary to purchase this to use the Lee Filters. Maybe you could use other brands to hold your Lee filters, I don't know, but wouldn't try. Ithis is an Excellent quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars If it's available. Get it!, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
I am sure if you are trying to get one. You probably seen enough review about it. It's a LEE filter kit. Just get it if it's availble. Some people have to wait months for it. If you are luck enough to get it, you can turn around and sell it for almost double on ebay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of equipment!!, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Lee Filters Foundation Kit / Filter Holder (Electronics)
This piece of equipment was a nice addition to my camera. It works great at holding the filters in place. It's very pricey for what it is but from I've read, Lee filter systems are the best. I started to by the cheaper Cokin system but I was afraid the quality of filters wouldn't not be as good and I didn't want to buy that only to be disappointed and have to by the Lee system anyway.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›