Customer Discussions > Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360 forum

Left 4 Dead 2 Vs. Left for Dead 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2009 12:55:38 PM PST
Jeff is Rad says:
OK. I have L4D 2 and it's a pretty great game. But I never played L4D 1, am I missing out on anything? I've read many reviews that say L4D 2 is pretty much the same as L4D 1, except with more features. Is it worth my $$$ to pick the first L4D1??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2009 3:49:29 PM PST
P. duffy says:
if you have 2, no need to get 1. i havent played 2 yet but ive played 1 and its great. so id figure 2 would be event better. if your gonna go back in time and buy a older game, buy contra from the 1st nintendo. that game seems to never get old.

Posted on Dec 6, 2009 9:56:18 PM PST
Aaron J. M. says:
I agree, you don't need to play the first L4D if you have L4D2. You're not missing anything from missing the first one.

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 2:34:58 AM PST
L4D2 is bigger and better than L4D1 and very similar. If you have 1 and you need more zombie killing action, then pick up 2. If you have 2, there's no need to play 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2010 7:33:19 AM PST
R. Blank says:
Left for Dead one is excellent, but the problem is there is probably no one online playing the game anymore. Its fun when there are lots of competent gamers ready to play. Otherwise, you would have to play in single mode using the AI, and this is not as fun. So, stick with Left for Dead 2

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2010 10:59:08 AM PST
If you can pick it up on the cheap then I'd say go for it. Left 4 Dead 1 is a great game and the campaigns are pretty good as well, definitely worth a play through and same with the DLC Crash Course.

Left 4 Dead 2 does expand on the first in nearly every way, but still the characters and campaign is worth checking out and there is some fun to be had there achievement hunting as well.

Also I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of people playing online with it, since I was on it not too long ago and had no troubles at all finding matches. I'd say for $20 it would would be more than worth it, especially if you can get a friend to pick it up too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2010 5:59:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2010 6:00:39 PM PST
I have both games; I have friends who have both as well, and one who only has the first one. I play both and enjoy both. While, L4D isn't as robust as L4D2, it'll end up feeling refreshing after playing L4D2 all the time. Do you NEED to buy it? Not really. But you would certainly enjoy it down the road. The characters are engaging and the campaigns are fun.

Posted on Mar 23, 2010 12:06:58 PM PDT
R. Blank, there are actually quite a number of people still playing the original Left 4 Dead on Xbox Live(I being one of them) I haven't checked out Left 4 Dead 2 yet, and today they have it for the deal of the day @ $33..

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 10:49:49 AM PDT
nah L4D2 is leaps and bounds above 1

- Melee weapons make it much easier to get through the horde and adds to the experience
- Spitter, Charger and Jockey really change the gameplay and make versus a lot more dynamic
- Mutations make the game constantly change through mods
- new maps are designed better, Dark Carnivale and Parish are the best examples

Posted on Jun 9, 2010 8:17:19 PM PDT
g-man117 says:
yes. L4D1 is a blast, and if you got to Wal-Mart, they have the Game of the Year Edition for $20

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 3:34:15 PM PDT
M. Hunt says:
I have both, but pretty much only play the first. For some reason, I don't think L4D2 has the same feeling as the first. I'd say definitely pick it up, but don't bother with the DLC.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 6, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360
Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (549)