5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Story!
Published on June 16, 2011 by Joe_L

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Wrong Book
If you read my review for The Rising Horde Book One, it was in error. It was meant for this Novella:( I apologize for my error.

book One Rising Horde was okay, but too many clichés and made Tier 1 soldiers seem like invincible, better than the average grunt which they are not! They bleed just as we grunts do and did!
Published 14 months ago by Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Story!, June 16, 2011
Joe_L (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Left With The Dead (A "Gathering Dead" Novella) (Kindle Edition)
This is a follow-up to Knight's "The Gathering Dead," Gartrell's story after he gets left behind on a mission in NYC. It's a great short story - pulls you right in, action-packed and realistic (considering the theme), a real page turner. As usual, there's a powerful, and at least for me, unexpected ending. I really enjoy Knight's style - I've enjoyed all of his stories and would heartily recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bridge in the story, July 19, 2011
Keith Blackmore said it all in his review. This was an awsome addition to the story. Much added depth to the First Sergeant. Powerful ending. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Military-on-Zombie Mayhem, June 18, 2011
Knight is breathing new life into a tired subgenre. What I like about "Left With The Dead" and "The Gathering Dead," is that there aren't any stupid characters doing stupid things, where the reader is hoping beyond hope that the zombies get them sooner rather than later. The characters here are well drawn, intelligent, and doing whatever they can to survive the hordes of the dead.

Knight's writing is clean, meticulously crafted, and he knows how to write combat sequences. The ever increasing tension throughout had me hoping beyond hope that the characters would make it to the end of the book. There are instances when I cringed, and not because of a character's predictable or bad decision, but because the characters herein are making all the *right* decisions, and *still* defecation impacts the rotary oscillator.

I haven't felt the same rush since watching "Aliens."

I can't say anything more about this particular novella except, if you enjoyed the first Gathering Dead book, then this is an addition that raises an already high bar. And for the price, you're robbing the walking dead.

Very much recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, July 15, 2011
I am really enjoying this book. I finished The Gathering Dead in about 2 or 3 days. I am not a heavy reader but I just could not stop reading once I got started. The only book that hooked me like these in the last couple years was The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I hope to see more additions to this series in the near future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel, November 4, 2011
Best $1.99 I've spent in awhile. This novella is a continuation of The Gathering Dead. It follows one man who is now alone and scarcely armed in the zombie infested New York City.

I felt this book (novella) was even better than the Gathering Dead. It had non-stop action, and quite the twist at the end. I was rooting for the character the entire way through, staying up late to finish it.

Mr. Knight has once again entertained me and I highly suggest his work to anyone who likes zombies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, October 10, 2011
Bacchus (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This novella is a fantastic addition to The Gathering Dead story. It tells the story of Sergeant David Gartrell who is separated from his crew in the first book. Non stop action and great story telling makes this novella well worth you time and money! Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just never slows down!, September 10, 2011
Picking up when Gartrell split off from Major McDaniels this novella not only continues the crazy fast pace of "The Gathering Dead" but manages to amp it up faster. Gartrell is alive and alone in the near dead New York city and now has to find a way out alive. Picking up two survivors Gartrell looks for an impossible escape. If you have read "The Gathering Dead" then you better read this one right away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read in one sitting, October 16, 2011
Evan (Dallas, Tejas) - See all my reviews
Amazing follow-up to "The Gathering Dead."

Almost broke my kindle in half I was clenching it so hard.

If you like zombie books or simply enjoy any form of action horror Stephen Knight has this genre figured out.

5.0 out of 5 stars What will become of Gartrell?, August 22, 2011
If you have read Knights "The gathering dead"(and I suggest you do if you like to read zombie novels) then you will want to know what has happened to our boy Gartrell the hardcore tough as nails special forces NCO that can put aside any feelings he has to complete a mission. This book continues his journey in New York as he is left with the dead! Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Left with the Dead, August 5, 2011
If you like Zombie stories, this is a MUST READ!

The story is fast-paced story with great action, tension, and great characters. It is very well written and is a great addendum to "The Gathering Dead." This is the type of Zombie fiction I love and can't wait for the continuing story of these characters.