Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Legacy LAMP4 1600 Watt 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 26, 2010
I didnt order this exact model. I ordered the 8g kit but received the same results. The wires look to be the right gauge according to insulation but once stripped the wires are much MUCH smaller. My "8g" looked to be about 14 and does not provide nearly enough power for my 1000 watt amp. After about volume 15 my amp starts to sound very bad.

Also, on my RCA cables only one side worked.

So if i were looking for an amp kit i would most certainly avoid Legacy.
on November 22, 2009
This product falsely advertises that it contains a 4 gauge wire for power and ground. I bought a kit from local store to compare and discovered that even with the extra insulation padding it, the LAMP4 was still smaller. So when you strip away the insulation the difference is dramatic. The rest of the kit is acceptable, but if you came here looking for an actual 4 gauge kit look elsewhere.
on March 17, 2011
I bought this kit because the specs on it seemed great, and the price was unbelievable. Well that's just the problem right there, its unbelievable how cheap the entire thing is. The RCA Cables snapped, and the wire in the remote wire kept breaking off inside the plastic casing. The coating around the power and ground cables were ridiculous, and the power cable...its the cheapest copper wiring I have ever seen. It flakes off and over heats. Ground wire isn't any better. Overall I have had to replace every single part of this kit, less than a month after installing it all. Has wound up costing me a fortune, not worth the bit of money you might save, because you will wind having to replace it all anyways. Biggest piece of junk you can get.
on September 14, 2011
FALSELY ADVERTISED

I purchased this kit and stripped it. I confirmed what the other reviews stated: The wires are only about 8-10ga in reality.
I didnt even want to install this kit, the quality will only match how they advertise this poor thing. Do not buy.
Spend an extra 5 bucks for a 6GA kit that REALLY is 6GA.
on December 11, 2013
Too good of a deal to pass up. Lots of nice things inside. Only downside is that it really isnt a 4 gauge wire, more like a 6 gauge with a TON of insulation around the cable. Comes with speaker wire and a turn on lead wire. I believe its a 100A barrel style fuse that comes with it. Only 1 so I would suggest buying more or you may be tempted to just throw a bolt in it instead of the fuse. Seems to hold up well when powering my one little 5 year old Kenwood 12 inch sub, w/ a 2 channel (bridged) 400 rms amp.
on July 29, 2011
I bought 2 of these kits to install a couple extra amps in my van. The 4 gauge wire is small, but worse is the terminals are for 4 gauge, so 2 or 3 of these wires will fit. The fuse holder is also for 4 gauge, it's a good thing the wire is small for this, even so, if you tin the wire, it is too big and the allen screw protrudes and prevents the holder from screwing together, I will have to file it down. I'm not using the RCA cables, they look a bit weak, I'm using RG6 with compression fittings instead, since I have the tool, if you dont have the tool there are screw on fittings, a little more expensive, but good. the blue wire is large enough, but I have 4 amps so I use a larger wire. I figure the wire needs to be a bit tougher in a minivan, cause I use the van for hauling stuff, and I don't want to have to fix broken wires. The speaker wire is ok for mids and such, for subs, get better wire. I'm using it on some 6's and 5-1/4's. Overall, not a total loss, but not too great, I'm looking at just getting my own wire and ANL fuses from now on.
review image review image
on May 29, 2014
I'm never too crazy on wires. with my recent system i went for a little more quality and these wires feel and look a little better than what i've use before. i'd recommend them. (buy new some/my used was missing the inline fuse, had to buy locally)
on September 7, 2011
So, this kit would be an absolute steal. . . it comes with everything you need, a fuse, heavy gage power and ground wire, a rca cable. . . the list goes one.

Only problem, the RCA cable has a 3rd wire to tie into the accessory line on your deck. This is how the deck turns on the amp. I ran all the wires had everything set and couldn't figure out why the amp wasn't powering up. After some quick trouble shooting it turned out that that center wire on the RCA cable was no good. Not sure where the break was but it was like 28 gage (super tiny) wire. Of all the places to cut corners this is the worst. I ended up re-routing a piece of speaker wire. This is a pain and defeated the purpose of buying a kit.

I would buy again, but I would not even bother with that accessory cable.
on January 27, 2013
I bought this because I knew they(Legacy) were going to send me much smaller wire than they were supposed to.
The main cable is only an 8 gauge that's been overly shrouded with plastic, to give it the same outer diameter of a true 4 gauge. I know it's an 8 gauge, because I happen to have solid 8-2 nm which, by law, HAS to be true.
I only needed an 8gauge wire kit, but I couldn't trust looking for an 8gauge and getting something smaller/with tons of plastic.
This works, if you're looking for 8 gauge.

For the price, it's not a bad buy, as long as you know what you're buying.

Legacy can eat my shorts, if they want to lie, some more, about their false advertising practices and try to defend themselves.
This IS NOT 4 gauge.
on February 27, 2014
Worked out great for installing two amps in a Jeep. I have plenty of extra wire. It did seem a little small for the gauge I ordered, but I was expecting that so I ordered a gauge larger than I wanted.

See 1 answered question