Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 29, 2013
Back in the '60s & 70s I worked in a Chevrolet dealership doing the Corvettes. Because of the fiberglass bodies, a "whir" from the alternator and "clicks" from solenoids could be heard through the Delco FM stereos. I would install a noise supressor in the hot wires going to the radios and tape decks eliminating the noises. This little gimmick works just as efficiently as the suppressors from way back. And the price is right....
on November 16, 2012
I purchased all the filters for sell on amazon and try all of them. This is the only one that really solve the problem of the alternator whine on your stereo. While the others only reduce the noise or do nothing this filter makes the noise disappear.

Just in case, make sure that the only ground on your system is the one coming from the filter output, check all the metal parts of your car that make contact with your stereo and isolate them with tape or plastic washers.
on May 8, 2014
I've have had two of these, one cleared up the noise from the alternator on a cummins diesel and the other didn't clear up the noise from a mack motor. Both were hooked up to a cb and I think the second one was still getting noise from the motor into the antenna. Bottom line if your noise is coming from through the antenna this won't help if the noise is coming through the power this can really help. If you do hook one of these up make sure you hook it the switched power because this draws power even if the radio is off. Hook it up so that this (and the radio) go off with the key and you'll have no trouble.
on July 30, 2013
I always try to find the source of noise, and address the source rather than adding another component.
I went thru 3 alternators (2 brands) and couldn't get the noise out - put one of these on the radio and another on an amp; it made a difference, but by no means got rid of all the noise.
on February 5, 2014
It is almost 80% the size of a dollar laid flat, so beware the size. I have a 2007 Tundra and it fit in the footwell near the fusebox.
Alternator Noise is the high pitch noise that intensifies when you accelerate. I believe this will eliminate "line" noise also (constant static sound in the back ground.

It totally eliminated alternator noise going into my invission revolution dvd headrests fm modulator (to hear in the car stereo)

Just follow the diagram on the box. Blue side towards Device, red side towars battery.

5 stars.
on March 4, 2011
Product came as advertised. It didn't solve my problem; it slightly reduced noise, but was far from eliminating it. I'm not sure if that's the product or if my amplifier is receiving noise from the RCA line too. The RCA line is running on the opposite side of the vehicle from the rest of the cables to reduce likelihood of noise induction, but it could be getting noise from the wires behind the dash so I'm up in the air about this product.
on October 3, 2012
I was happy when I saw the price but it didn't help the noise at all so I took it somewhere that installs systems and they told me it was put in correctly just junk
on October 8, 2011
It stopped noise the electric noise in my cb in the cab of my mack truck. really easy to hook up.
on April 30, 2013
This product did nothing to reduce or eliminate the noise on the dc line. We tried to tell if it was inline or not there just by listening (ie blindfolded) and we could not tell any difference.
on November 6, 2015