Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Audio CDChange

on February 13, 2008
This CD is absolutely fantastic! I had the privilege of seeing the original cast perform in New York, and have been singing "Omigod you guys" ever since. The quality of this recording is great, and the CD includes all of the greatest moments from the musical. This has quickly become one of my favorite CDs, and maybe it's just because I'm in a sorority, but I truly appreciate how wonderful this production is. I recommend this CD/musical for anyone who likes musicals, fun, and the color pink! Even if you're not a girly-girl, this is still a little something for everyone. So, stop reading this review and start singing along with you own CD! It's so good!!!
on May 21, 2013
When I first heard of this, I thought that it was another attempt of squeezing money out of a successful franchise. When I heard (and saw) the show, I realized that this was much, much more then a second-rate carbon copy of the movie. While still keeping to the general themes (and story) of the musical, this show takes on a life of it's own and stands out as an excellent show in it's own right. The contrast in the music behind the different character types bleeds beautifully into the music, and every song is a fun and clever little tune. Can't wait until I can see if they managed a similar success with the musical version of Heather!
on September 1, 2009
This is one of the most fun Broadway soundtracks to have come out in a long time. The energy from the cast is exceptional, and the upbeat songs will have you dancing along whether you realize it or not.

Laura Bell Bundy is truly wonderful as Elle Woods - she's simply radiant. Her effortless voice matches the character perfectly, and you can tell that she really enjoys playing the character. Also great are Orfeh (Paulette), and Christian Borle (Emmett), who have amazing voices, and interact with Bundy's character very well.

My favorite songs are "Ireland" and "So Much Better" - I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did!
on December 4, 2007
My wife and I had low expectations going in, but after watching it on MTV, we think its one of the better musicals in the last few years (with Wicked at number 1!). The soundtrack has some very memorable songs such as:
Omigod You Guys (this one will stick in your head over and over)
Serious
What You Want
So Much Better
Whipped Into Shape (Nikki Snelson is amazing. Still can't believe how she can belt and jump rope for that whole number!)

If you get the chance, watch the MTV taping and then you'll really want the soundtrack.
on August 8, 2007
Really a cute show. I was pretty skeptical about it (what is this trend of bringing movies to Broadway? Doesn't anyone have any original ideas anymore?), but it's really fun. Don't expect anymore than the movie, but it's a great musical version of that. My only beef is that all the singers seem vocally tired - Orfeh particularly. It seems like none of them really let go and wail, when it seems like they could, and their vibrato is often uneven. The songs are catchy, and overall it's definitely worth a listen.
on August 26, 2007
After seeing "Legally Blonde, the musical" during its run in San Francisco, I could not wait for the CD release. I'm happy to say that it did not disappoint! This CD did not leave my car stereo for 3 weeks! And it left only to be put into my boyfriend's car so we could listen to it on a road trip! I bought the soundtrack for a friend's birthday, and she became just as addicted to it as me...and every other friend I've shared the soundtrack with has loved it, as well! Fun, upbeat, great interpretation of the movie! Highly, highly recommend!!!
on April 9, 2010
I'd only seen a small part of the film version of "Legally Blone" before being given tickets to the musical, but when I came out of the theater singing "Omigod You Guys," I knew I'd have to have the CD! The clever, witty lyrics and hook-filled music will linger in you head for days after listening. Even if you haven't seen the show, the music stands on its own with fun, mostly upbeat numbers.
on October 2, 2007
I wasn't sure what to expect from Legally Blonde the musical, but i was surprised and thought it was fantastic. The music is very similar to The Wedding Singer, so if you enjoyed that get Legally Blonde. Would love to see the stage show now after hearing it on CD.
on November 18, 2009
This Broadway Musical Soundtrack is one you'll definitely want to have in your collection. The songs are fun, catchy, and great to sing along to! After listening to it a few times, you'll be singing 'Oh my god, you guys!' right along with the Delta Nus!
on August 6, 2015
I just saw this movie for the first time. It stars Reese Witherspoon as a perky, very girly, ditzy, yet smart young woman. She is dumped by her boyfriend because she supposedly is not "smart" enough, and he wanted to go to law school, impress his family, and be a senator. Elle ends up following him to Harvard law school and finding out how she could be smart and successful. She is seen and treated as stupid and dumb by the people at Harvard at first because of her interest in fashion, makeup and looking good. She ends up being an intern on a case where a group aerobic teacher and exercise dvd trainer is tried for the murder of her husband. Elle believes she is innocent and defends her in court until one of her professors hits on her causing her to want to leave Harvard completely.

One big positive for me is that there is nothing really inappropriate about the movie. One time a lady says "d***" to refer to a man's penis. A guy is shown to be gay. Also there is a murder trial. Oh, and Elle says that she had a wonderful 4 hours in the hot tub with her ex-boyfriend in passing. That is it, so it is a good movie to watch with your girls.

This is a lighthearted, fun, feel-good movie. I never looked at it as a blonde movie. I am a brunette and don't really think about hair color defines a person. It showed me how sometimes girls can come across as ditzy yet still be smart and successful. It taught me that you should try things outside your comfort zones because you may find that you are good at them and it showed how a woman like Elle was actually more attractive as a wife because she went above and beyond in life.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse