Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Legally Correct Fairy Tales
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

64%
36%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 19, 2000
To begin with, I am a middle school teacher and I love fairy tales. When I bought the book, I was just going to use it for a few laughs. However, I have used it in my classroom as an example for my students to see society has taken the our legal system just made a mess with it. The stories are humorous. My favorite was the one about Hansel and Gretel. Several of my friends have recently purchased the book and they absolutely love it. So, if you are a lover of fairy tales and you want a little twist. I recommend that you purchase this book. It has provided me with hours of enjoyment.
on December 9, 2002
While in the middle of some very stressful times, I was searching for some humor to lighten my days. Oh, how I found it with this book!! The satire and "political correctness" in this book are absolutely hilarious. If you don't have a sense of humor or cannot be cynical, don't read it. If you love a funny twist on everyday things or can laugh at cynacism, get a copy fast! Be forewarned, however, it's hard to put down and short enough to read in one or two sittings. Make the time to read it, you won't be disappointed.
on February 8, 2016
This was a fun and quick read. I know legal terminology is necessary today as there is no other way to be so precise. However, this book tells how things would go if certain fairy tales were handled by a lawyer. I think the family of real lawyers that wrote it had to be laughing as they wrote it as much as I did reading it. It takes us to the brink of absurdity on things like Jack and Jill suing the company that made the pail causing them to fall down the hill. That is just a simple one...they get better. My husband asked to read it next. There will probably be several requests from other friends or relatives before it gets a rest. If this was a thick book it could become tedious. But this one was "Just Right". I would read a sequel though! A good and fun book to take with you if you know you will be waiting on something and you have just enough time to read a chapter or two.
on September 26, 2010
A great read and funny interpretation on how current legal attitudes would affect fairy tales...
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2009
I collect fairy tale books and their spin-offs (elementary teacher) and have little to no knowledge of legalese - so that's where I'm starting from. This book consists of 14 chapters, one for each fairy tale. Each chapter runs from 4 to 12 pages, so don't worry that the legalese will dry it up so much that it's hard to get through. Most of the chapters are covered as court cases, but a couple are written as petitions, one is a summary judgement, and one is a deposition. The book is an enjoyable read, mostly because the idea for the book was clever to begin with, but there is humor mixed in with the book as well.
on October 24, 2009
This is a very funny book and I recommend it for up an coming students about to study law:
Now having said that, I have always been a bit of a rebel on the side of not being so politically correct; so for me it has been
another step to bring back to a world gone crazy on politically correctness some normality for all of us;
also a load of fun to read.buy it and read it, GO ON!
on February 18, 2010
The book intrigued me so I bought it. I started reading as soon as I got it and found myself laughing at the way the stories of those simple fairy tales were injected with legal terms and its presentation. All in all, its a good read even if you arent in the law profession. Clever, witty and funny! Kudos to the author of the book!
on August 21, 2009
What seems like a unusual choice for conversion to legalese soon proves to make for a good humoured read.

Just be careful when going to fetch a pail of water
on November 7, 2014
This book is a hoot to read! If you want a little laughter, read a few pages, you Will Be laughing
on August 28, 2012
I have heard of politically correct fairy tales but not this one. A dear friend (our birthdays are a few days apart) was a lawyer before she served as a state supreme court justice for 12 years. Now retired, she can do and read as she pleases. I happened upon this book title and thought she might find this amusing. Will let you know of her judgment [opinion].