5.0 out of 5 stars When Justice Prevails Too Late
I know I can't speak for everyone, but I'm just about sick and tired of idiots who think they'll win a child custody case by murdering their ex-spouse. And of course, there is never a shortage of these fools who hate their ex more than they love their children.

Published on October 28, 2011 by Kim Cantrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have built some of the characters a bit more
This IS a good book, despite several funky errors that blend 2 words into 1, or not hyphenating words that should be. But at the end, I didn't feel I "knew" several key characters. Vicky & Joe could have been built so we "felt" them more. The fear they had wasn't described well enough. The author's attempt at an Italian accent needs work.

I...
Published on January 21, 2012 by Lisa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars When Justice Prevails Too Late, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Legally Dead : A Father and Son Bound by Murder (Mass Market Paperback)

Next up in this category is Seth Bader, a New Hampshire attorney who was more worried about the dollars in his pocket than the well-being of his children.

Vicki Lynn Buzby married Seth in 1991 and soon thereafter they adopted Seth's cousins Joseph and Matt Bader whose mother was a homeless heroin addict. Soon Vicki and Seth would welcome a third child, their biological son, Sam.

But being married with children wasn't enough for Seth, and it wasn't long until he was using the services of prostitutes. As can be expected, Vicki eventually got sick of her husband's extracurricular and filed for divorce.

Before the ink was even dry on the divorce petition, Seth was shacking up with Mary Jean Martin; a gold digging, dog breeding, blonde bombshell.

Even though Seth had managed to gain temporary custody of the kids, they were neither Seth's nor Mary Jean's real concern. Money was what mattered.

This psychotic duo set out to torture the emotionally and mentally weak Vicki, using the children as pawns in their nasty little game of child custody, child support, and alimony using the 1995 movie Never Talk to Strangers as a blueprint.

When it looked like Seth was going to lose out on all he wanted (that is, money), he upped the ante by making his oldest son an accomplish in Vicki's murder.

Bestselling true crime, authors Kevin Flynn and Rebecca Lavoie vividly recount the fatal divorce case of Bader v. Bader in their newest book Legally Dead with it's twisted cast of characters: the crazy little man, his demanding princess mistress, brainwashed children, and Italian mobster-wannabes. A lethal combination that in any other would be downright comical.

Be forewarned, however, that you will be absolutely outraged at the massive failures to protect Vicki and the children by multiple judicial entities. And just when you think it can't get any worse, they screw up again!

Legally Dead is contemporary true crime writing at its best. A definite must read for 2011!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have built some of the characters a bit more, January 21, 2012
This review is from: Legally Dead (Kindle Edition)

I also have a couple unanswered questions:
There is much made about Vicky "not feeling right, & I kept expecting to read that she was being poisoned or something - but we never do find out; and, MJ's ex-husband comes to "tell Vicky some things she should know about MJ," but we're never told what he said! And we're told that this guy files so many motions that it eats up the $5000 retainer Vicky gave her atty, but we aren't given any examples of them.

Overall it was ok, although frustrating. Not a must-read in my opinion though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, April 22, 2013
Very well written & descriptive of all the characters. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that MJ Martin seemed to get away with her involvement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sick Subject, April 23, 2013
Book is well written, but the subject and characters are disturbing. It makes you want to punch someone in the head.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but no pictures on Kindle., June 15, 2013
F. Radisky "pacificfaith" (Monterey, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I liked this book; read it on Kindle. I don't know if the hard copy has photos, but didn't see any on Kindle. When I looked it up, they have a Facebook page. I was pleasantly surprised. These people weren't anywhere near as funny-looking as I was expecting, based on the book descriptions. And some people weren't as good-looking as they were described in the book. It's just good to be able to put a face to the deeds.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, November 30, 2012
was a grest mystery I recommened it to many people. And gave some copy`s for gifts.

Merry Chrestman and happy new year

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, amazing read!, August 26, 2012
I am not much of a reader but wanted something to get me interested. Well this was definitely it. I am a true crime fan and this is one of the most bizarre stories I've ever heard. Seth Bader is some sick piece of work, I feel so bad for Vicki and her family. I've never heard of a more despicable person (Seth) in my life, he terrorized this poor woman to death, and brought her children into it. It really is an amazing read, with so much going on in this family's lives, the author did a great job with making it clear and leaves the reader wanting more with each page. I highly recommend this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars True story, January 18, 2012
This was an interesting and well written book. I tend to like true murders because the idea of killing anyone is way beyond my comprehension, thus i'm facinated by the mind set of a
murderer.......

4.0 out of 5 stars Legally Dead, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Legally Dead (Kindle Edition)
Very good read. Sometimes I had trouble keeping all the names straight but the authors kept everything clear. Interesting and alarming to think this truly happened.

3.0 out of 5 stars More NH murders, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Legally Dead (Kindle Edition)
Read it as interested in local crime as a new NH resident. Seemed to move all over the place, time wise.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Legally Dead : A Father and Son Bound by Murder
Legally Dead : A Father and Son Bound by Murder by Kevin Flynn (Mass Market Paperback - October 4, 2011)
$9.99 $8.99