5.0 out of 5 stars Billie Jean DVD FAQ: What you probably want to know.
Ill try to keep this brief, if your reading this then it is safe to say your probably not the casual movie watcher. I read through the reviews and failed to see any that answered all my questions, so here we go.

Published on January 20, 2012 by Just Jonny

2.0 out of 5 stars Was not pleased.
I gave two stars just because the product arrived. However, the dvd case was cracked and the dvd was moving freeling inside collecting scratches. Willing to forgive the cracked case, I put it in the dvd player discovering that the quality of the dvd is that of vhs and was supremely disatisfied. The entire product looked like it was created on a home computer and was not...
Published on December 12, 2009 by C. Voigt

5.0 out of 5 stars Billie Jean DVD FAQ: What you probably want to know., January 20, 2012
This review is from: The Legend Of Billie Jean (DVD)

1. Physical appearance - I was expecting a burnt store bought DVD-R with the lack of description on this thing. No, it is a nice cover, and a factory labeled disc. Pretty much on par with the obscure movies that end up in thew Walmart 5 dollar spot. Think of "Howard the Duck", no insert, but a nice case, cover, and the DVD is properly labeled, and unless you know the difference between a DVD and a DVD-R, you probably wouldn't even know it's a DVD-R.

2. Actual Disc - Their is no real menu. Just a generic representation of one. It gives you the option of watching with commentary, or without.

3. Actual film - Ok, so it isn't crystal clear HD amazing quality. But it is BY FAR the best i have ever seen. this is even better than the version that played on HDTV a while back. This movie had sadly ONE VHS release, and it hasn't aged well, if you own a copy you know what i am referring to. All VHS is not created equal, and BJ was an early VHS tape. I am flat blown away by how good it looks. The masters to this movie were lost years ago, which is why it never got an official release, the only reason. I would hypothesize that this was a way for Sony to make money, while answering probably a few thousand requests. The Movie quality compared to a properly Digitally remastered film is about 8 out of 10 (Proper remaster being 10).

4. Good Buy? Are you kidding me?! It's done, if you have wanted a decent copy of this and have been waiting for years your done. Buy it, done deal. I've had bootlegs, VHS, all the above. I am an avid movie fan. I was absolutely relieved to find this. I wanted to get my wife a good copy of this and had just about given up. By one while they have them, because i don't think this one will stay in print too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest kid triumph Texas on-the-run movie of all time, April 26, 2005
Maya "Maya" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I saw The Legend of Billie Jean for the first time when I was 16 and, 200 viewings later, it is hands down my favorite movie of all time. Sure the plot may seem a bit formula -- fugitive teens on the quest for justice -- but it's the earnestness and outright sincerity of the characters, particularly Helen Slater as Billie Jean, that gets you. Here are four podunk Texas trailer kids with hearts of gold that get f***ed with by a bunch of podunk rich kids and end up having to fight for dignity and respect. It doesn't get any better than this. Watch it, love it. The Pat Benatar soundtrack rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless Print From Sony Screen Classics, December 4, 2011
Kasey G (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend Of Billie Jean (DVD)
Sony Screen Classics delivers the goods with this underrated '80s favorite of mine. "The Legend of Billie Jean" finally makes its way to DVD and although its a Made-to-Order DVR the print looks flawless (NOTE: See the screen grabs I posted in the Images section of this product) and this is the first MOD disc I own that contains bonus features (however, there are NO Subtitles). There's a commentary by Helen Slater and Yeardley Smith, and while it's not exactly captivating stuff, it is fun to hear them waxing nostalgic about the experience of filming this.

Other '80s films such as "Pretty in Pink", "The Breakfast Club" or "Ferris Bueller" have been overexposed and rerun to death on cable, and TLOBJ has been hiding away for years and never really achieved the cult status it deserved, so if you've forgotten this film, I recommend it as a fun time capsule. The script is well-paced, the characters are well-defined and the performances are excellent all-around.

A great story about justice and retribution in small-town Texas, though some of the plot points are a little far-fetched. Plus it's got a great theme song from Pat Benatar that also deserves to be better-remembered than it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the DVD?????????, November 29, 2005
I love this movie and have periodically checked back to see if it's been released on DVD yet. I have an old VHS copy and would love to see the studio release this in DVD format. It's on my all-time favorite list. PLEASE, PLEASE RELEASE THE DVD - FAIR IS FAIR!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD RELEASE PLEASE!, August 7, 2006
A great small film. The premise is a little corny but over all, the movie is a classic. It a starts when a brother ( Christian SLater) and Sister Bille Jean(Helen Slater) are chilling at a lake when the town bully who has a crush on the Bille messes up the brothers vespa. They want him to pay for the damages and he and the bully's father refuses, So THE LEGEND OF BILLE JEAN begins standing up to the police, the community, their parents, with the help from their friends leave town because of another incident which they are to blame injuring the Bully's father find salvation on the Media and turn into a Joan Of Ark stance.

Haven't since this in a while,,waiting on its offical DVD release.

5.0 out of 5 stars This movie is Invincible!, December 8, 2004
This is and will always be my favorite movie. I used to rent it all the time from my old video store, and when he went out of business, I had to buy that copy! I know this movie front and back. I used to have a Billie Jean haircut. Am I obsessed? Eh, maybe just a little. The Soundtrack is awesome. Pat Benetar, Billy Idol,the Dyvinils, and even a little Wendy O Williams. And be sure to check out Christian Slater in his first starring role, without his jack nicholson accent! You wont regret watching this movie. And hey, if you can't buy it here, I'm sure it's playing on a cable channel somewhere in the world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie and better service from Amazon for a limited release movie, April 4, 2012
This review is from: The Legend Of Billie Jean (DVD)
I know this product has not been released to DVD officially but I ordered this from Amazon. Amazon provided the DVD from their CreateSpace program and offered the movie on DVD-R which will play on most, if not all, DVD players. The DVD came with full color artwork and the disc also contained artwork. The DVD-R itself is amazing and the picture and sound quality are very high. I would recommend this to others looking for this movie on DVD. The disc comes with a basic menu and no previews. It's just the movie. Great purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know why people are complaining., January 19, 2012
Amazotron (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Legend Of Billie Jean (DVD)
I have been waiting for this to get released on DVD for years, and not just because it was not available, but partly because over two years ago, cast member Yeardley Smith mentioned having recorded a DVD commentary and wondered why it had not been released. In 2010, the movie was briefly available on Netflix's instant viewing. I have yet to go for bootleg DVDs or bad copies no matter how much I want something that has been unreleased, but considering this was officially licensed, I ordered this and found it to be a VERY NICE transfer. If it weren't for the description, no one would know any differently because the case and the disc are perfectly labeled just as well as any other DVD. It does not look like a DVD-R at all, and neither does the quality. The only thing generic about this disc is the DVD menu, a picture of which I have uploaded. It merely has the choices "play movie" and "play with commentary", and without even the title. (This follows the usual copyright and FBI warning screens) This is perfectly fine with me, simply in that it has the commentary track, and does a DVD really need a menu or extra padding before the content? The picture of the movie is clear and in an aspect ratio that fills my HDTV (not 2:35 or 4:3 letterbox) In summary, whatever the source or deals behind getting this movie available should not matter to a viewer because the quality is good, and there is no violation of copyright. If you have anticipated and or liked "The Legend of Billie Jean", get this while you can. I hope Amazon can provide more unreleased films and TV shows in this manner if this is what it takes. This is definitely much better than having only a streaming version available.

5.0 out of 5 stars cable classic, September 16, 2002
By A Customer
this is one of my all time fav movies. i have watched this movie a thousand times, since i was in 7th grade and still not tired of it. i remember watching this movie on cable -- and it's a cable classic. i also dreamed about christian slater. legend of billie jean is an oldie, but a goodie. can't find this movie in the stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfying -- Fair Is Fair!!!!!!!!, June 14, 2003
A creepy guy vandalizes her kid brother's dirt bike, so Billie Jean (Helen Slater, who was never better) tries to get repair money from creepy guy's dad, who tries to tries to assault her and is accidentally shot. Billie Jean, her brother, and friends go on the lam. While they're trying to turn themselves in to an understanding cop (Peter Coyote, very good), they turn into outlaw folk heroes to all the kids in South Texas.
Not cliched, even with the "Joan of Arc" subtext. Holds up pretty well even after close to 20 years. Watch especially as Putter (Yeardley Smith, better know as the voice of Lisa Simpson) steals every scene she's in.

Legend of Billie Jean - Fair is Fair Edition - Blu-ray
Legend of Billie Jean - Fair is Fair Edition - Blu-ray by Matthew Robbins (Blu-ray - 2014)
$9.98 $5.19