Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 20, 2015
At first I enjoyed it but after a point it felt like Mrs. Swift was glossing over things in the favor of a lot of time passing quickly. And then everyone is having babies. I think she should have spent more time telling the story instead of so often nothing is happening or feels like nothing is happening. I don't mind time jumps but when you are reading time slowly passing it's different.
on September 24, 2014
I'm not one to usually leave a low or bad review but the way the book was written was hard to follow. I will admit the story was interesting though. I have to agree with some of the reviews that the romance is pretty cheesy. it jumps a lot, the descriptions of their surroundings are good, I found it very predictable and the grammar makes it very difficult to follow. but I did finish the book and will say it ends on a good note but I really had a hard time sticking it out until the end.
on September 12, 2013
I enjoy reading different types of style reading there is. I've always wanted to read a mermaid story, having the first I read disturbed me and not finishing it I was skeptical to read this book. I am really glad that I did. I loved all the characters and how the story was told including all of their progression not just with the main characters. You get a better understanding of what they are and how they are doing. Most would find this to be a long read, that's what I liked about the book the storyline is quite intriguing
on November 17, 2014
The story was good. It is a clean story, so if you are looking for more of an adult reading this may not be for you. I was glad it was clean. This is a good first book. Children 13 and over can read this book.
on December 4, 2012
I came across this book at the beginning of the year and thought the synopsis sounded interesting and the cover was really intriguing. It sounded like a non-typical, exciting mermaid story, which was exactly what I was looking for. I ended up purchasing the kindle version during the summer after reading the sample.
While reading it I noticed that there were a lot of spelling errors and oddly worded sentences, but it can easily be corrected with the help of an editor. At the start of the story, Lana was a pretty interesting character but somewhere along the way she lost most of the characteristics I liked about her and became very whiny, passive, and almost unlikable. The chapters were choppy and everything moved really quickly. I wish that certain things could have been elaborated on a little more. Most of the book was very predictable but the author did manage to throw in a few things that took me by surprise.
Despite all of that, I think the story, overall, was original and interesting. I really see a lot of potential with this novel. The author could have added some more depth to her world and description to the story to make it better and with all of the events that took place in this book it could have easily been stretched out to make two or three books instead of cramming everything into one. What I suggest is that Mrs. Swift gets connected with a group of other Indie authors, if she hasn't already. They can be very helpful. Character developing to make the characters more interesting would be beneficial to her as well.
It's a cute story, but I think it may be more in the range of Pre-Teen instead of Young Adult as it's listed. I give it a solid 3.5 out of 5 stars. I did enjoy this book enough that I'll be purchasing the second one, The New Guardian, very soon. I follow Mrs. Swift on Facebook and she seems like a sweet, generous, uplifting lady and I wish her all the best in her writing.
on January 23, 2011
I recently read the book titled "Legend of the Mer". I have to admit I was a bit hesitant because I have never really been "into" mermaids. I was afraid I would become bored. But i bit the bullet and downloaded the book and read it. Boy was I wrong.
The book is about a girl named Lana. Lana was born with some physical deformities and she never quite "fit in". She was raised by her father who tried to shelter her, maybe a little to much. Her mother drowned when Lana was very young, and her father was very secretive about her death. He would never let her in the water. She secretly started taking swimming lessons and found another world she never knew existed. This lead Lana on an exciting journey under the sea. I'll stop here because I don't want to give anymore of the story line away. I have to say that I truly enjoyed reading this book. I was actually upset when I finished it, I wanted the story to keep going. I can't wait for the sequel!
on September 26, 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book. It can be read by anyone of any age. I didn't have to cope with graphic sexual details, coarse language or dubious moralities. I enjoyed the character development of the main protagonist. It felt as though the author was giving us a peep into another world. It became a little utopian but I have room for that. The main themes seem to be love, faith, forgiveness and restoration. Thanks for not charging a high price or I would not have bought it and I would have missed out.
on January 27, 2016
-Very cheesy, author's first novel
-Very romantic
-No dramatic action scenes
-None of the good characters died, only the villains
-Overall reads like a children's book
-Took me two months to read, because I got bored around 57% and needed a break
-Now that I have read it and know what to expect I would re-read this again, because I like cheesy stories every once in a while lol

Recommend: If you want a light, fluff read

Don't recommend: If you want say something like Harry Potter
on December 5, 2012
I preread this just to see what i was getting for my neice who is 15, After I thought it was a good read for Preteen (not too much of anything I wouldnt want my 11 yr old reading. My 15 yr old found it just ok too but the 11 yr old was totaly taken with it.
on September 17, 2012
This book was a complete surprise. I downloaded a sample and when I got to the end I simply had to buy it just to race to the end. I tore through this book in just one day! I quickly looked for the follow up book and was so disappointed that I had to wait. Because seriously, I would have paid more to get the next book. Leave your expectations at the door because this author not only knows how to tell a story, but more importantly she paints a beautiful world that made me want to stay. Bravo!!