4.0 out of 5 stars Alright memoir...Doesn't change the fact that Aviva is annoying.
Four stars...hear me out. I'm a huge Housewives fan. New York is my favorite city! But let's get real, Aviva is incredibly obnoxious on the show and I am so glad that she's been kicked off. I'm less than a quarter way through her book at this point but I knew I would write a review just a few pages in. I think her ghost writer has done a pretty decent job. I like memoirs...
Published 5 days ago by Christine Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars Pass on this one...
Barely made it through chapter one. Juvenile writing, felt like I was reading a middle schooler's essay on "How I spent my Summer"...
Published 5 months ago by Kerrie Rubino

1.0 out of 5 stars Pass on this one..., March 31, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous !, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
Just another housewife that thinks she can write. Self indulgent and poorly written. Aviva needs to put the pen down!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow, just wow, March 29, 2014
Anastasia (Dallas, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I am no literary genius, however this pile of poo made my eyes hurt. I could not even make it past the first few chapters.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got a library copy of this thing, and it was oddly...boring, March 30, 2014
Amazon Customer "blu-stocking" (SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
The book's title refers to what is apparent: the author is blonde and long-legged. The book's content does not go beyond that. There's no self-reflection, no sense of insight. That's what bothers me. Instead, we get to read about the celebrities that the author had proximity with, that she was mistaken for supermodel Claudia Schiffer when she decided that she wanted to learn French by living in Paris, that she loves fashion and her Seaman Schipps engagement ring. We hear more about what she wore, than what she thought or felt.

That accident where she lost her foot, was at age six, and I get the eerie feeling she's emotionally still there. Her favorite adjective seems to be "cool"; she described writing this book as "fun." Her RHNYC nemesis, Ms. Radizwill, was right that Ms. Drescher insults hard-working authors--the ones who do put a great deal of effort into communicating something worthwhile.

I'm really sorry that Ms. Drescher had that accident.

But then, I am also sorry for her dad's business partner, whom she was a guest of, and who got sued for what I'd guess to be a million dollars, her "blood money" as she referred to it. I'm sorry for her father's first wife and for his children, including one whom the author describes as "an on-and-off again drug addict." I'm sorry for Ms. Drescher's mother, who became an alcoholic, and was threatened with defenestration by her husband.

Is it me, or does something seem terribly wrong with all those other occurrences? Ms. Drescher doesn't seem upset by it, and I can't understand her as a person, as someone of flesh and blood, heart and voice.

Also, I don't get this: she asks Ms. Radizwill "will you throw in some editing?" for her memoir. But Ms. Radizwill refuses, and then Ms. Drescher tells others that Ms. Radizwill had "What Remains" ghostwritten. Why ask for the help of someone who is not qualified? What Ms. Radizwill later said was, "I am an author" which Ms. Drescher heard as "I am THE author." In asserting what her profession and her passion is, Ms. Radizwill was not claiming a monopoly on the act of writing. But given how superficial "Leggy Blonde" is--it's a struggle to care about the over-privileged inhabitants of this memoir--claiming sole authorship sure ain't laudable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hot garbage, March 18, 2014
Brian English "benglish2004" (Cranford, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
It's that simple. This woman is a simpleton who is totally full of herself. This book is only useful in the event you need some kindling for a fire. But don't hold it for too long, or the stupid might rub off on you.

1.0 out of 5 stars She said it was like writing a long email..., March 21, 2014
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
She said it was like writing a long email. It was like reading one too. Painful and mind numbing. That she even begins to think that she is in the same category as Carole is laughable. Don't waste your money buying this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad!, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
Given the book by a friend who was moving and unloading junk!! I am thankful to have not paid for this book, considering it was one of the most boring reads! Sorry!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I had reservations about reading this book but after seeing the good reviews, thought I'd give it a try. (Just realized all those great reviews were written over a primarily two day span.....Aviva's friends?) Plain and simple, this book is crap! I kept reading, hoping it would get better, but no luck. Don't waste your time and money on this garbage disguised as a memoir.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage That Won't Compost, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
This book was at my hair salon, and with 35 minutes to kill while my color processed, I started in.....only to stop, bit not because my process time was up. This book in sheer, self-serving garbage. Do not waste your time or money on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Narcissism galore!, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir (Hardcover)
This book is such a disaster that I don't understand why Aviva Drescher claimed to have written it herself. I would try to blame the writing on anyone or anything else. This "memoir" is a one-off...unless she loses another leg.

Leggy Blonde: A Memoir
Leggy Blonde: A Memoir by Aviva Drescher (Hardcover - February 25, 2014)
$25.00 $15.82