Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on March 31, 2014
Barely made it through chapter one. Juvenile writing, felt like I was reading a middle schooler's essay on "How I spent my Summer"...
77 comments159 of 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2014
I am no literary genius, however this pile of poo made my eyes hurt. I could not even make it past the first few chapters.
0Comment107 of 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
It's that simple. This woman is a simpleton who is totally full of herself. This book is only useful in the event you need some kindling for a fire. But don't hold it for too long, or the stupid might rub off on you.
33 comments206 of 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2014
She said it was like writing a long email. It was like reading one too. Painful and mind numbing. That she even begins to think that she is in the same category as Carole is laughable. Don't waste your money buying this one.
22 comments118 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2014
Just another housewife that thinks she can write. Self indulgent and poorly written. Aviva needs to put the pen down!
0Comment111 of 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2014
The book's title refers to what is apparent: the author is blonde and long-legged. The book's content does not go beyond that. There's no self-reflection, no sense of insight. That's what bothers me. Instead, we get to read about the celebrities that the author had proximity with, that she was mistaken for supermodel Claudia Schiffer when she decided that she wanted to learn French by living in Paris, that she loves fashion and her Seaman Schipps engagement ring. We hear more about what she wore, than what she thought or felt.

That accident where she lost her foot, was at age six, and I get the eerie feeling she's emotionally still there. Her favorite adjective seems to be "cool"; she described writing this book as "fun." Her RHNYC nemesis, Ms. Radizwill, was right that Ms. Drescher insults hard-working authors--the ones who do put a great deal of effort into communicating something worthwhile.

I'm really sorry that Ms. Drescher had that accident.

But then, I am also sorry for her dad's business partner, whom she was a guest of, and who got sued for what I'd guess to be a million dollars, her "blood money" as she referred to it. I'm sorry for her father's first wife and for his children, including one whom the author describes as "an on-and-off again drug addict." I'm sorry for Ms. Drescher's mother, who became an alcoholic, and was threatened with defenestration by her husband.

Is it me, or does something seem terribly wrong with all those other occurrences? Ms. Drescher doesn't seem upset by it, and I can't understand her as a person, as someone of flesh and blood, heart and voice.

Also, I don't get this: she asks Ms. Radizwill "will you throw in some editing?" for her memoir. But Ms. Radizwill refuses, and then Ms. Drescher tells others that Ms. Radizwill had "What Remains" ghostwritten. Why ask for the help of someone who is not qualified? What Ms. Radizwill later said was, "I am an author" which Ms. Drescher heard as "I am THE author." In asserting what her profession and her passion is, Ms. Radizwill was not claiming a monopoly on the act of writing. But given how superficial "Leggy Blonde" is--it's a struggle to care about the over-privileged inhabitants of this memoir--claiming sole authorship sure ain't laudable.
11 comment149 of 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
Given the book by a friend who was moving and unloading junk!! I am thankful to have not paid for this book, considering it was one of the most boring reads! Sorry!!
0Comment208 of 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
I had reservations about reading this book but after seeing the good reviews, thought I'd give it a try. (Just realized all those great reviews were written over a primarily two day span.....Aviva's friends?) Plain and simple, this book is crap! I kept reading, hoping it would get better, but no luck. Don't waste your time and money on this garbage disguised as a memoir.
1414 comments253 of 290 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2014
This book is such a disaster that I don't understand why Aviva Drescher claimed to have written it herself. I would try to blame the writing on anyone or anything else. This "memoir" is a one-off...unless she loses another leg.
0Comment62 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
This book was at my hair salon, and with 35 minutes to kill while my color processed, I started in.....only to stop, bit not because my process time was up. This book in sheer, self-serving garbage. Do not waste your time or money on it.
0Comment79 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse