Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Creationary Game (3844)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 27, 2013
This a a very entertaining game to play for ages 10 and up. It stimulates the imagination and creativity. The number of pieces are limited, I would recommenced adding a few more pieces from other Lego sets or loose pieces from the Lego store.
on July 26, 2012
My 9 year old daughter loves legos and I thought this was a wonderfully creative idea - but it was way too complicated for us - too hard to make any of the shapes on the cards in the time limit given and takes much too long to make them without a time limit. You can modify it, of course, lay the shapes out instead of actually connecting them, but it was too frustrating for the 9 year old and beyond me, as well. Would probably be great for a smarter family than us and with older kids.
on January 16, 2013
We have an 8-year old boy and 17-year old daughter. We got this game for our son as a Christmas present. Turns out that we all enjoy playing this game. We have played it several times as a family. Let me tell you it is hard to find something that our two children will do together willingly that they both enjoy. The game turned out to be a big hit with the whole family.
on April 5, 2016
Fun game! Lego produced the game from 2010 through 2014, for five years. But, alas, at this time the game is no longer sold in stores, and demands a high price on the secondary market. Is it worth it? I'm afraid that's up to you. If you're a Lego fanatic and enjoy game play with others, it could be. For those on a tight budget, I'd advise your looking elsewhere.
on January 5, 2013
I received Creationary for Christmas and have played it twice. Once with an eight-year old. and once with a group of adults (I was the youngest at 33!)

Both times we had fun playing but there are few challenges with this game. One is packaging. It needs a lid for the inner tray or maybe a deeper tray. I found that I had to use Press N Seal wrap to keep the bricks in their spots between uses, otherwise transporting or storing this game caused all the bricks to jumble together. Not a huge problem, but if you want to quickly sit down and play, having the pieces mixed together is harder to start with.

The pictures on the cards are hard to build. The 8 year old had fun building but didn't know what a lot of the pictures were meant to be-she had no idea what the Eiffel Tower was. The adults, admittedly not Lego fans, had no idea where to start building with even the "easy" pictures. They knew what the object was, but didn't know where to even start. Perhaps a beginning set of cards where the object is shown already built with bricks so people get more of an idea of where to start and are not as overwhelmed?

The bricks themselves seem, at first, to be plentiful. And, to be honest, the number is fine. However, the basic building blocks are lacking. You might be given 2 yellow 2X2, but need 8. You can mix colors, yes, but overall, I found that the basic ones are lacking. I may be adding more over time as I figure out the ones we need the most (such as more roof tiles!).

That being said, we all had a lot of fun playing and trying to guess what someone was building. It will be a game I pull out often in the future. I doubt a non-Lego lover would end up with this game as it seems to be geared towards those who already build and have an idea on how the bricks work together.
on December 12, 2014
Really poorly thought out game. I would have given it 1 star... but it does come with genuine Lego pieces, which is never a bad thing. But as a "game"... wow, no thanks. Not sure what they were thinking. The cards they give with the things they suggest you to build aren't feasible with the pieces and time they give you. Just the nature of lego... you need more pieces and/or more time or they should have give really simple items to build. It is no wonder these were discontinued so quickly.
on December 15, 2011
Though some of the fun in picture guessing games is seeing how bad people draw and still manage to guess the right answer, this game helps those who are constantly excluded for their poor skills. Its basically look at the picture card, build it with legos the best you can, and have a blast. It may just be a chance for the tables to turn on the great drawers! Kids and adults alike can play and all cards are appropriate (with some funny potty humor but no innuendoes). Love this game!

UPDATE: I noticed that some of the newer critical reviews mentioned that it doesn't come with "alot" of LEGOs. Believe me, when it comes down to it, you don't need a lot. And if you do need more(and you are presumably someone who has access to more LEGOs because you bought it), just add more! Can you imagine how big of a box you would need to fill EVERYONE'S desire for that one part? The fun is in guessing, not how great of a master you are at making a LEGO masterpiece. Its supposed to be challenging to guess or it would just be called "make a lego design game and then its your neighbor's turn."
on March 18, 2016
This is such a fun game. If you like communication games like Taboo, Pictionary, and Guesstures, then this will be a really fun new challenge for you. Not sure why, but it seems to have gone out of manufacturing because I had to buy it used.
on June 23, 2013
Terrific concept. When I described it to my grandsons, they were excited. However, we were all disappointed in the difficulty of the game. We are making up new rules to make it fun. I think the challenge can be worth it.
on September 7, 2014
This game is clearly designed to aggravate the grown ups and frustrate the kids. It is our first Lego "game", so we have no other Lego pieces. There is not nearly enough pieces to build anything. By anything, I mean nothing can be built using the provided pieces. Also, it is impossible to play a "game" with less than 3 people. We would have been far better off simply eating and choking on the pieces. I am selling the pieces we did not blow apart with fireworks on ebay. Lego owes us an apology. Were it not a gift, Id have taken it back for a refund with malice.