4.0 out of 5 stars Change is good and so is in game building
The LEGO VG formula was starting to get stale, so with the further adventures of Indy and co we are introduced to some new game ideas. Most of which work well, the instant split screen is way past due and makes co-op fun again, the hubs are vast and fun to explore with tons of hidden levels and goodies, and most importantly if you want to play with bricks and build your...
Published on December 14, 2009 by Phantasmagoria

2.0 out of 5 stars Lockups, confusing setup & lazy level design
I've been a big fan of all the Lego games, so my son & I were excited to pick up this one when it first came out. After playing it to about 85% completion, I have to say that overall this one is a pretty big letdown.

The format of the previous games has been pretty much the same - there's an overall hub that serves as the central area for the game. From there,...
Published on November 28, 2009 by K. Hamlett

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars loved the game, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this game for my nephew and he loves it, he plays the heck out of it for sure

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego Indiana Jones 2, December 30, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We played the first Indiana Jones (our first x-box game) and loved it. We got this one because we loved the first one so much. Would recommend the game for those who enjoy the Lego series. We really like it and have just gotten into it. The only drawback to the new Lego games (including Harry Potter), that we find, is with the new split screen layout, it is hard to target if the other player is moving. Even when the game automatically goes to split screen, the other players movements effect yours. We still love the game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very frustrated!!! Game Freezes up., January 19, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game for my son for Christmas. He loves the game, the only problem is it keeps freezing. At first I thought it was that game so I returned it and bought another one. This one freezes also. Apparently this happens a lot with this game as per the posts online. It is very irritating and my son gets very frustrated while playing it. It seems to freeze in the same spot every time. If you buy this game make sure you are aware that this occurs, it is not your console.

4.0 out of 5 stars the game is great best out of all the lego games so far!, August 23, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Lego Indiana Jones 2 is so well done they have taking all the best things out of the privious games and put them into this one and then more. Now instead of being stuck to only travel where the other player is going now when you walk outside of the screens range it splits into two screens then when your close enough again it joins back. This allows you to break twice as much stuff twice as fast. Or if you are playing with one of the guys who is sitting there breaking everything while people are shooting you then you can run over there and beat them up without the worry of getting kicked out of the game. Lego Indiana Jones 2 is by far the best out of all lego games and what I said is just a small portion of the improvements and that is why I give it a 5 star rating.

2.0 out of 5 stars Original was better, June 28, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This was okay but the original was better. Nothing compared to the Star Wars Lego games, though, those were the best. Somewhat of a time consuming 1,000 achievement points, plan to put a week into this to get them all. On the upside cheats can be used and still get the achievements. One big downside to this game were frequent lockups. My entire system froze a dozen times over the course of a week.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, not great, but not bad, May 5, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I love the lego games. Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, and anxiously awaiting Harry Potter. I bought this 2nd version of Indiana Jones, despite the reviews I had read, to check it out for myself. Its not a bad game, there are some quite interesting levels and game play. However, I miss the central hub, a go-to place between all 4 movie series, etc. The opener is annoying. Mostly because say if you miss one part in the Raiders of the Lost Ark section, it takes that much more time to go to the correct movie 'crate', open it, load it, and end up where you don't want to be within that movie's hub. I agree with other comments on here about the ad nauseum of wandering around trying to find specific characters within that hub needed for certain tasks within the hub, as well as the races. Some races were just downright unnecessary and only led to complete frustration. The driveablility of vehicles has also become an annoyance. I spent most of the time upside down, waiting the for game to right the vehicle again, which took a good 5 seconds each time. This is exceptionally frustrating when trying to perform a timed race on an obstacle course where you are bound to run into something that causes you to flip over rather easily. Otherwise, I did like the levels playability and length. It was more challenging than the first Indiana Jones game, which I was hoping for. I also liked the characters and their abilities. The puzzles within each of the hubs to open the secret super level, were also very cool. I do miss hunting for treasures on each level, I hope they bring that back in Harry Potter. All in all, not a bad game, but not the strongest of the lego games.

2.0 out of 5 stars Freezing...., April 21, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
So my wife has enjoyed all the lego games to date... but this one has been the worst, and not just because of the game play, because when it actually plays its fun. but every 15 min it freezes. we hate it and we hope the Future lego games dont freeze.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Lego Game. Ever., April 1, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Lego Indian Jones is awesome fun! Lego Batman, Star Wars, Harry Potter: they're all super great. This game looks like the B-sides version of Lego Indian Jones. The boards are brief, unimaginative, and do not follow the movies at all. It is obviously some way to cash in on the name. Yes, it does have a board you can create. But it is so rudimentary, there's no way of recreating a board that would actually be worth playing. This is an embarrassment to the Lego franchise. Lego Clone Wars just came out. And Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean is on its way. Get those instead. Just not this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, December 13, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my son on the day it came out. He has played it a total of 5 times. Every time it has froze up and twice the game save was corrupted. He has no interest in playing it anymore so I just threw $47 in the garbage since Lucas Arts customer service was absolutely no help at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 23, 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I loved Lego Star Wars and liked Lego Indiana Jones 1 and Lego Batman. This game is a major disappointment. I played it for awhile this weekend and despite its confusing layout, I have completed over 50% of it already. The characters seem to be getting smaller and smaller compared to LEGO Star Wars for example. The levels were too short and the purchasing of characters was very confusing.
Compared to the earlier LEGO games, this one almost looks like a pre-release version of the game - a work in progress.
Overall, I wish I had just rented this instead of buying it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›