5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the family or for one
We love Rock Band in our house but, by our own admission, we aren't great musicians. Well okay, one of my kids is, but it's a drag when there's only one and you can't simply 'play along' as the game advances because the songs get that much more difficult.

Published on November 5, 2009 by A. Auerbach

2.0 out of 5 stars ARG! Total frustration for the Wii - could have been great!
A simple two part review:

First, Lego Rock Band is cool. My kids (7,6,4) love it, and we've had a great time playing it today. Minifigs look great, songs are interesting, and the Super Easy modes (and especially the no drum pedal) option are really nice for the smaller kids.

Second, no additional content for the Wii! Contrary to what the product...
Published on November 27, 2009 by Lou Wainwright

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the family or for one, November 5, 2009
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)

But with this version - you can play along not only without a penalty for choosing 'easy', you can even choose a super easy/no fail mode so you simply can't mess up and still have fun playing. If you don't do anything you won't get the stars you need but if you do a minimal amount (i.e. hit ANY drum pad when the note needs to be played or 'strum' the guitar/bass at the right time - no need to press a button - or simply speak in time to the microphone) you'll be fine.

Lots of the same fun things as in Rock Band - make your own people, buy cool outfits & things for them. In addition this version has challenges which you can play and fun lego scenes occur as you 'rock' the house (typically you earn these as you successfully play songs in venues). The first one (and on a trailer so I'm not giving much away) is playing loud enough (getting enough stars) to knock down a building. And yes, we have successfully completed these challenges with two out of the three on the no fail mode.

This version is clearly geared for a slightly younger set - both in terms of the no-fail option and in terms of avoiding excessive profanity/explicit content in songs. Makes us no never mind - we're enjoying it immensely!

edited to add:
The review who said this does not have online support is right. For those familiar with Rockband, this version is like a hybrid track pack. You get new people, scenarios and venues to work your way through, but the songs are the songs which are included and you cannot buy new songs to play (I can't see that this'd change with this version - going to the online store to buy new tracks is not even shown as an option).

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fun for everyone!, November 8, 2009
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This is the first "band" type game we've owned. My son has played Guitar Hero at a friends and wanted that one but I was hesitant because of the play list. Doing a little research at our local video gaming store, I found out both the Rockband and Guitar Hero folks were releasing more family friendly play lists. We took a look at both but when we found Lego Rock Band and also Rock Band Country - the choice was easy. After the first night's jam session - we're all hooked. It's so much fun for the entire family and my husband and I are introducing our 9 year old to some great music. Our son has been a Queen fan for years but now he's into Bryan Adams, Tom Petty and Bon Jovi. Like all the other Lego games, this one doesn't disappoint at all. The in-between videos are funny, the whole lego character build gives you tons of combinations and all the venues are "very cool" according to WolfJack - lead guitarist of the band Howl (current on tour in our basement).

I highly recommend this one for kids but all the adults in the house are enjoying it just as much. My husband's band "Blind Shrimp" just bought a new bus and I may never see him again! Guess I'll just have to become a groupie.

2.0 out of 5 stars ARG! Total frustration for the Wii - could have been great!, November 27, 2009
A simple two part review:

Second, no additional content for the Wii! Contrary to what the product description says above, you can not use DLC from Rock Band 2 on Lego Rock Band if you have a Wii. If you have a Wii you will only ever play Lego Rock Band with those 45 songs. That's it. This was incredibly disappointing, because there are a ton of previous and downloadable RB songs that all my kids know, but that they need the extra-Easy modes to be able to play.

I absolutely would not have bought the game had I understood that, and I would have known if the product description hadn't been wrong, so I'm very frustrated. That being said, it's not that Lego Rock Band for the Wii is a bad game experience, it's just a big step backward for Rock Band on the Wii.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rockin Family Fun, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
***This game CANNOT be played with just a Wiimote it requires additional equipment.***

You will need at least a microphone or wii guitar to play and you can add a drum set & second guitar if you like. We purchased our microphone at a used game store for thirteen dollars and are using guitars from the Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, G.H. World Tour, and an older G.H. Les Paul. We are also using the drum set from G.H. World Tour.

My husband loves to play guitar hero but the game is designed for teenagers to adults (sexy, somewhat scary characters and heavy rock music). Since we have two young children in our home, ages 7 & 1, I wanted a more family friendly option that the whole family could play together. We found it with the Lego Rock Band!

This game allows for up to four players: singer (microphone), guitar, bass guitar, and drums so it is great for families or groups of friends. We've had 3 people playing so far and it was great fun for all. My favorite thing about this game is that you can change the difficulty level for play before each song. This was important for us because originally we had 1 guitar and we were sharing it and taking turns playing. Dad could set his for "expert" on his turn and I could change it to "easy" on mine without having to back out to the title menu. Now we have multiple guitars, a drum set, & the microphone so we can all play at once but we trade parts between songs a lot and like the ease of changing the difficulty to make it challenging for each individual(our toddler sings along and provides the dancing and often helps out the drummer by banging away).

My 7 year old tried to play Guitar Hero with his dad several times but the songs kept shutting off because he would make too many mistakes and drag the crowd meter down too low. On the Lego Rock Band he can play either guitar part or sing and make it through the game feeling successful and having fun on the beginner or easy mode. He also has played the drum on the beginner setting and has been very successful in his mind, but the rest of us have great difficulty making it through a song when he plays the drum since he doesn't maintain the beat for us and he plays all sorts of drumming that doesn't belong:)

"Beginner" setting is great for younger kids since it allows any level of musical ability (or lack) progress through the game. On this setting the singer needs to make noise throughout the song (attempt to sing, say the words, sing la la la etc). This setting for the guitar parts means you strum when the notes come by but aren't held responsible for the fret. For the drum you just have to hit any pad when the note comes by...my son just bangs wildly on all the drums and attains about 80% or better on a song for drumming but as mentioned above it is hard on the other players since all his wild drumming is played as the drum beat for the song and leaves others nothing to follow but the visuals.

There is a just-play mode & a story mode. Both are fun to play and in either mode each player has the option of difficulty level. The story mode allows you to build up fans & money by playing gigs (getting stars for songs). You can spend your money on new guitars & stuff for your band. The practice mode just lets you pick & play from the song list. You can also make your own set list & play multiple songs in the order you choose.

I recommend this game for families to play together or for children who are interested in the rock band or guitar hero games but may not need the exposure to the costuming in the "teen" games or who are more interested in POP music than rock or metal. (My niece & nephew are both teenagers and while they prefer the "Teen" band games at their own home, they are not above jumping into our Lego Rock Band when they are visiting). The set list has a sampling of different songs that allow something for everyone and the characters while not sexy or scary are amusing and fun to customize and add a sense of humor to the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the WHOLE family, November 7, 2009
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Lego Rock Band ROCKS! It has a "Super Easy" mode, so even my 5-year-old could enjoy playing (granted, we're a musical family and he plays lots of rhythms already). My 10-year-old loves it, and so do I. We also have the "regular" Rock Band 2 (and the Beatles tracks), but this is actually my favorite right now. It's fun all playing together, and my daughter enjoys "Story Mode" when playing by herself. I had been hesitant to buy it, and I'm so glad I did. I think we'll be getting lots of use out of this disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific game!, November 10, 2009
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I agree it seems to be for the younger crowd, and thats good. they have a nice selection of music which is one of the things that convinced us to get it.
the lego studs as notes, the goofy trivia and the 'movies' are the boys' favorite parts. i like that my 4yo cant get boo'ed off the stage.
we have rock band 1, 2 and country track pack so we werent sure we needed another one. glad we did! it is a LOT of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Game that is nice., December 5, 2009
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
When I played LEGO Rock Band it was nice to have all songs unlocked. And nice to have all the game cheats enabled to before you started playing.

the only problems with this game is it lacks more tracks 45 get boring easily and epsecailly if its Wii no DLC or exporting to rock band 2.

Overall this game is fun, cool, and it has humor the LEGO puts into its games.

4.0 out of 5 stars WII INSTRUMENT CONTROLLERS REQUIRED- this game will *not* work with regular Wii-Motes, October 31, 2012
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I thought I would write a very quick review to alert other customers that in order to use this game, you *must* have an instrument controller for your Wii. It was a very disappointing situation when my child received this and we all sat down to play and no go- you are required to have the guitar, drumset, and microphone in order to play the game. The game recognizes whether or not you have those controllers and won't start unless they are plugged in, so no using the Wiimote as a substitute for the guitar...

The game is great fun, and it's got Lego Wii quality. But if you are thinking about this as a stocking stuffer or something to add to the pile o' gifts for the holidays, before you buy, make sure you have the controllers you need to play it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great family game, May 20, 2010
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We purchased this game for my daughter's ninth birthday and she loves playing it with her friends. The super easy mode is great for younger children who do not have the patience to learn all of the more complecated controls. The game does work with the Band Hero drums, microphone, and guitar. I think this is a great entry level game for the wii, and it has enough to keep adults entertained when playing as a family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for all, December 28, 2009
T. Schuster (Rockford, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I bought this game for my kids, ages 14 and 9. I think I enjoy it as much as they do. Different colored lego bricks tell you which button to push on the guitar or what drum to hit. The game works fine with our Band Hero instruments. I love the family friendly songs and my boys love that they can pick any song to play. This is a great game for the lego lovers in your life. Who couldn't love lego people rocking out?

ARRAY(0xa71855f4)

Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii
Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii by Warner Bros (Nintendo Wii)
$26.33