4.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first 2
I bought this for my 4 year old as he loves Star Wars and has already completed the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga DS game. I had downloaded the demo version of this game on my PS3 for him to play while we waited for it to be released. I was blown away by the PS3 version but my 4 year old wanted to be able to play it anywhere, hence the DS version.

I was...
Published on March 25, 2011 by M. Kelley

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: No Multiplayer Support!
The description on Amazon says "2 players simultaneous wireless multiplayer support" and the Lego site itself claims "multiplayer co-op mode", but this does not seem to be the case. We shelled out the $$$ to buy two of these for our kids but they are very disappointed to find that they can't play together. "What's the point?" they ask.
Published on September 4, 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first 2, March 25, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - Nintendo DS (Video Game)

I was worried that the DS version would be a stripped down version compred to the other consoles and it is to a point but it still has plenty of levels and the graphics are surprisngly good. Comparing it to the older Star Wars games, they changed a few things up like how you select which player to be. Instead of transferring from one player to another, you have to select the person in the botton screen. Also, you get tips on which guy to be as different characters have different abilities. Its not just Jedi vs. guns anymore (or using a non-Jedi to swing across something) but rather having multiple tasks such as blowing something up with a heavy armed trooper or using a Jedi like Count Dooku that has greater power to move something.

I also like the targeting system for people with gund like the various troopers. There are many missions where you have to target different areas of rocks or gates to open something or take down a big enemy. I also LOVE the new flying missions. Those weremy least favorite in the older agmes as I found them to be repetitvie and my thumb would hurt after a while. The new flying levels use better graphics and are typicall shorter but I enjoy them a lot more.

We haven't finished all of the game yet but I find that my son enjoys running around the space station setting where you can buy new characters, get more studs, play mini games, etc... A lot like the complete saga game but the environment is much larger. In fact, at first, I had a hard time finding where to go for missions!

My 2 complaints about the game and why I didn't give it a 5 star rating are as follows:

1. The game does not allow you to save within a story. Each story mission is broken up into 3 acts and each act is quite long. My 4 year old gets frustrated playing it at times and will elect to go back to the hub station which throws out any progress made, even if he is on Act 3. Unless I am missing a way to save, this is a big negative in my book.

2. So far, through 7 missions, none of the big bads are tough to beat yet. In some stories, there are large robots that look like they are tough to be but 2 shots by a trooper will cause things like rocks falling on the robot detroying it or closing a drawbridge to crush it. I know its Lego and they are not meant to be hard but the DS version is very easy. Young players will get stuck trying to figure out what to do next rather tham defeating the enemy.

Overall, I enjoy this game. My son likes it but claims its too long. He still prefers his original Lego Star Wars game but I find he still does not want to take out the new one yet because he is still collecting the new characters.

Because I enjoyed the PS3 demo so much, I decided to buy that version as well. Looking forward to wasting time on that version soon! Maybe my 4 year old will play it to since the levels do appear to be different.

5.0 out of 5 stars my kids love it., August 30, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought for my 10 year old, He loves it and plays with it often, but my 6 year old loovvees it, can't get enough. pretty much they only game they play on the ds.

5.0 out of 5 stars the kids love this game, February 7, 2013
I bought this game for our children (4, 6, and 8 years old) and all three of them love it. The game is easy enough for a 4 year old and challenging enough for an 8 year old as well as someone my age. With its easy controls and not having to start over when losing all of your hearts, it is the perfect game for a child of any game playing age.

I would suggest this game to any parent who is looking for an age appropriate game that is both fun and challenging. It is also fun for adults and can be fun to play it with your child. It is a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, January 28, 2013
I purchased this game for my son who is a LEGO lover. He has really enjoyed playing this game and is also really excited about the Star Wars characters as well. I would definitely reccommend this to anyone with children in his age range (he is 7 now.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: No Multiplayer Support!, September 4, 2011
Amazon Customer (Alameda, Calif, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars fun!, March 27, 2011
A Kid's Review
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought lego star wars 3 the clone wars at k mart in Jackson Hole Wyoming. The minute I got this game I started it because I had my DS in my car and so far it has been one of the many best lego games that I've had in my life . It was great until I got to blue shadow virus act 3 I still can't beat it I don't know how. Well anyway one of the things I like to do is play the arcades that you can unlock with a red brick.

Well there's my review,
Bye!

lego master

1.0 out of 5 stars game, February 23, 2014
My grandson it was a boring game and he did not like it at all. the game was packed well for shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game, January 7, 2014
Lucille Hamilton (Piketon, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This is what my grandson had asked for at Christmas. Was very happy with item, and fast shipping. He seemed to be very happy when he opened it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Star wars the best..., January 6, 2014
I ordered this game for my son, he played this game alot until he beat. he still plays some times. thank you awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, December 30, 2013
Really fun game. My nephew loved this gift. The lego games are a lot of fun and the star wars version is really neat for kids and their fathers.

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - Nintendo DS