Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2010
Everyone who uses a Leica M knows that the flash attachment options are not up to the outstanding standards of, for example, the best of flashes available for a Canon or a Nikon. That said, this flash comes closest to a fool proof, no fuss, TTL flash for a Leica that one can buy. If you need a flash for your Leica M get this one!

While this flash is relatively simple to operate, once you get the hang of it, Leica's instruction manual certainly could be improved.
on September 16, 2010
I have never been a big user of flash units. That is why I use Leica cameras, for their portability and fast lenses. I got this unit as a gift and it has helped to reinvigorate my photography. I am shooting in places that I never did before. The TTL on my M and R series cameras produce beautifully lit photos. I am so glad someone was smart enough to go against my wishes and buy me something that I have been putting off far too long.
on May 6, 2013
Great flash with tons of power. This is the only flash to get if you own one of the Leica cameras with TTL capability. Some have criticized this unit as being too big for the Leica rangefinder cameras. I don't agree with this assessment. It is not excessively heavy and works well with the M9. It does take some practice to be able to use this flash. The instruction manual leaves a bit to be desired so you need to actually take the flash in hand and play with its many options. After going thru the menus on the flash it will become obvious how to use them. Just be aware that the manual is not that helpful. All in all, if you can afford a Leica, don't skimp on the flash-get the best available.
on December 26, 2012
For the money I spent on this flash, I have to say my TTL and auto exposures utilizing this flash with my M9 are very inconsistent to the point whereby now I just use the flash on full manual. I am well experienced and know how to dial in exposure compensations for different levels of reflectivity, so I know it's not me. I am old-school and find it much more accurate to use this flash by calculating guide numbers. I really should have returned the flash but thought I'd be able to get this thing dialed-in before the return period expired. Good light, but not worth $600. I do not have these exposure issues with any of my Canon flash units for the EOS system.
on June 27, 2014
Do NOT buy camera accessories from one of Amazon.com's vendors names, "jaybird24". The item is not available at the price advertised and I was personally strung out from June 3, 2014 until today (June27). In fact, iAmazon still shows this order preparing for shipment. It was promised to be delivered between June 10th and June 25th. I ordered this Leica Flash unit as a birthday gift for my wife and fortunately, gave myself plenty of lead time. Today, I received what I considered to be a rather rude email from this vendor after inquiring of Amazon.com of "Where's My Stuff". It said they didn't have any of these and had told (someone) this before. I am still not sure if its Amazon's or the vendor's problem,, but am I ever disappointed. It could be a case of a loss leader; but I'll certainly be more careful about the vendor before placing another order with Amazon. For the most part, Amazon operates pretty much problem free I've contacted Amazon Customer Service and forwarded the email from the vendor so they are aware of the situation.
on July 16, 2014
Works great on TTL with my Leica M240. As with any TTL system some all light / dark backgrounds can provide a less than desired result but you just dial in the compensation. However if you are used to the Nikon / Canon "hold your hand" TTL systems it requires an additional setup to work properly. You must tell the flash what f-stop you have set on your camera, an easy thing to miss as the manual is not the best. The built in fill light is a handy feature under some bounce light conditions. Somewhat more compact than the Nikon SB-900s I used when I shot with Nikon DSLRs. It also worked well with Leica "X" cameras I have tried on a limited basis but a little triangle with an exclamation mark appears in the corner next to the TTL and not sure what that means as not mentioned in manual.