5.0 out of 5 stars A must
Published 18 months ago by Luis C. Morton

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider Olympus VF-2 as alternate for Leica M
I tried out the Olympus VF-2 electronic viewfinder on my Leica M and it worked perfectly. Apparently the Leica $500 product is a rebranded version of the VF2 that costs less than $200. Most likely the VF-2 will work anyplace the Leica EVF2 (Leica product 18753) is suggested.
Published 13 months ago by Norman Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, January 14, 2013
Luis C. Morton (Houston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leica 18753 X2 EVF Viewfinder (Black) (Electronics)
I received the Leica Viewfinder this January and it makes all the difference. The photographs I took before having the viewfinder are good but with the viewfinder are much better. The reason is very simple, you can see what you are taking much better. Without the viewfinder there were always some things that appeared in the photograph that I didn't see in the small screen of the X2, you can frame so much better and focus so much easier. It is a must. the only drawback is that it doesn't fit in my leather camera case so I have to carry it in my pocket, eventually I will make a pouch for it to hang on the leather case. It is a lot of money to pay but it is worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider Olympus VF-2 as alternate for Leica M, June 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable, October 4, 2012
J. Holmes "threeputtingfool" (Crestview, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leica 18753 X2 EVF Viewfinder (Black) (Electronics)
I have this for my X2 and it completely transforms the camera. I'm not much of an arm's-length LCD shooter, and this allows me to bring the camera to my eye as it should be. Sure it hamper's the pocket-ability of the X2, but I carry it on a shoulder strap anyway. Very sharp resolution, and fast. No frame-dragging whatsoever. I've played with external EVF's on a few cameras and this one is the closest to real-time I've seen. One niggle, aside from the price, is the case that it comes with. At this price I believe it should be leather, but I'm fairly certain it isn't. It doesn't have a place to keep it on a strap either. It is common assumption that this EVF has an Olympus equivalent for under $300, and that this one is even made by Olympus. They are slightly different in appearance, so I don't know for sure. I love this thing, ridiculous price notwithstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect of the X2, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Leica 18753 X2 EVF Viewfinder (Black) (Electronics)
I strongly recommend getting this item if you're buying a Leica X2. This adds a nice new dimension to the Leica X2 shooting experience. This electronic viewfinder provides excellent visual feedback if you're going to manually focus the X2. I know this view finder is supposed to be the same as one from Olympus at less cost. However, in the future if Leica provides some additional firmware updates for the X2 I feel confident that will not render this viewfinder worthless. I do not know that Leica would make sure an Olympus-branded viewfinder would survive a firmware update.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and useful, but not for everyone, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Leica 18753 X2 EVF Viewfinder (Black) (Electronics)
I can see how this could be useful in particular shooting situations, and it is extremely well made, like all leica things, but it is probably the first thing I've bought for my leica m 240 that I would probably not miss if I sold it. It's not superior to the native rangefinder style of the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made shooting fun, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Leica 18753 X2 EVF Viewfinder (Black) (Electronics)
Novice photographer but as soon as I looked in the viewfinder I new buying this wasnt a mistake. It was fun to play with underexposure/ overexposure buttons and get the feed back. I loved the whole experience with the Leica X2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compliment, September 24, 2013
mario J. (Coral Gables, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leica 18753 X2 EVF Viewfinder (Black) (Electronics)
I use this with my Leica XVario full time. I also use it on my Leica M-E occasionally. Great electronic viewfinder.

Leica 18753 X2 EVF Viewfinder (Black)
$575.00 $499.00