5.0 out of 5 stars A strap by any other name wouldn't be a Leica
Published on November 5, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely not what I expected from Leica
Took me extremely long to figure out this strap, pulling out the rings requires a lot of force and the strap just feels cheap. I would not pay more than 10$ for this.
Published 1 month ago by Stanislaw Cronberg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A strap by any other name wouldn't be a Leica, November 5, 2011
This review is from: Leica Carry Strap w/Anti Slip Pad for M series Cameras 14312 (Electronics)
Call me self-indulgent, but I wanted a nice useful strap to complement my Fujifilm X100 12.3 MP APS-C CMOS EXR Digital Camera with 23mm Fujinon Lens and 2.8-Inch LCD. After looking at all the options, my brain collapsed from strap overload. While in the sanitarium, I came across an article by Ken Rockwell who apparently has never had an indecisive moment in his life. He unconditionally recommended this strap and specified in no uncertain terms how to install it and wear it. I blindly followed his advice and am very happy with the result. Sure, it's thirty-five bucks for a length of nylon webbing, but it's the only genuine Leica bit in my kit, and only the discerning will notice the black on black Leica logo. Plus, the Wetzlar people have had eighty years to work out how to properly hang a rangefinder from your neck. This is the strap Cartier Bresson would have used, maybe, if he'd hung around and decided to go digital.

It really does look good, hang well, and it's unobtrusive.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice strap, August 10, 2010
I picked this strap up a few months ago and it is an extremely nice, flexible strap that stays out of your way. In most circumstances it is certainly worth the money but there is one big caveat regarding this strap. Because of its' design it will not fit most of today's cameras with the type of strap lug that requires the strap itself to be fed through the lug. This strap needs to have the type of camera lug which accepts a clip. If you need an example of the type of strap lug needed for this strap go to this site [...]. The round lugs on the Pentax K1000 are perfect for this strap, with or without the triangular looking clips you see on the K1000 SE.

Accept for that one caveat, this is a wonderful strap and I love it very much. It is comfortable but stays nicely out of the way when I'm using the camera. I would love to attach it to my Canon G10 as the two would be an almost perfect match (and the G10's strap is so lousy) but, without undoing the strap, I can't make them work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leica Strap for Nikon, August 13, 2011
I have been using Leica straps on my Nikons as far back as the film era. This one is carrying a Nikon D-200. A huge improvement over the wide, brightly logoed, largely useless and amateurish OEM strap.

Well-designed, sturdy, possibly with a lower carrying capacity than the UPstrap, but at least the pad doesn't tear up clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I shouldn't have waited so long!, October 24, 2011
Donald E Fuller (Ashburn, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I went back and forth on ordering this strap, after all, it is just a strap. How much better could it be? I was going overseas and didn't want to standout with a big CANON on my strap so I finally decided to purchase. I should have done it months ago.

The strap is longer than the default Canon strap so it goes over my shoulder and under my arm easily. I can let the camera hang at my side and pull it up to shoot. With the default canon strap I could only hang it on my shoulder and hope it didn't fall off. I would spend a lot of time just carrying it. Those days are a thing of the past.

The strap is small and fits better in the bag than the default strap and is just less bulky. I put this on a Canon 40D and had some of the same problems other reviewers have mentioned. It will NOT fit in the right hand strap hold on the 40D. I just added a key ring and problem solved.

I highly recommend this product and will add one to all my cameras in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, elegant and well designed, August 14, 2012
It's just a strap, but you can tell that a lot of thought went into it.
Instead of the typical split ring used by other straps, this one uses a D ring with overlap only on the flat side and a significant gap between the ends.
This makes attaching and detaching the strap to the camera lugs much easier and will preserve your fingernails.

It also has a two-piece failsafe adjustment system.
Each end is secured by the D ring lock and a buckle.
If either piece were to break. The camera would still remain safely attached.
Also, the way the buckle is attached, there's no extra fabric at the ends. Very neat.

The pad is very grippy. This is:
a) Good if you like to wear the camera on one shoulder. (It won't slide off)
b) Neutral for wearing on your neck. (after all, your neck wouldn't let it fall off anyway)
c) Bad if you like to wear it across your chest. (because the camera won't easily slide to shooting position)

So, totally worth the "Leica Tax" if you are in either the "a" or "b" categories. Not so much for "c".

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Example of Teutonic Strap Engineering, March 23, 2012
QUESTION: It's a camera strap - how much better can it be?

ANSWER: A LOT.

I use this strap with my Fuji X100. I was dubious about paying $35 for a strap until I spent a little time with it. Now I consider it fairly brilliant. It makes the included Nikon/Canon/Fuji straps seem like rubbish by comparison. What I like about this Leica strap:

1. Fabric is a supple, foldable material. When you set down your camera onto a table or whatever, the strap folds alongside it.

2. All black - doesn't attract attention to itself.

3. Rubber shoulder pad is grippy and also bendable/supple. The strap continues through the pad as an integral design element, instead of clumsily looping through it.

4. Connection ends are cleverly designed, reasonably easy to use, and ensure a clean & solid connection to your camera. No excess fabric dangles from the ends.

5. Strap design ensures there's no excess material dangling off the ends - it's a streamlined affair.

6. Strap is a nice length.

A lot of complex design engineering was invested into making this strap so simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE camera strap, April 1, 2013
I"ve has dozens of cameras each one coming with their own straps, I also bought lots of the most popular after market alternative straps, and this is the best one I've owned.
-it's light.
-it's durable
-it dosesn't fall off your shoulder
-it doesn't get in the way of your photography
-it's got a discreet design
-it's the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great strap, but pricey. Worth it for an expensive camera., June 11, 2012
The strap works great, is comfortable, very practical, a good length, and stays put on many different types of clothing. A bit pricey for a simple piece of nylon and rubber, but for a high-end camera, it can be justified. Shipping was incredibly fast - thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best strap you can buy!, May 19, 2012
I have tried many camera straps. I used to like Domke, but this Leica strap is now my favorite! It is very simple, solid, and matches my Fuji X100 perfectly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Leica: unique, deluxe and expensive., March 10, 2014
I got this for my Sony A7 and it works well for that. It is certainly better than the strap that came with the camera: thicker, supple nylon with fewer potential failure points.

The special D-ring clips are ingenious but a bit confusing - after you slip them on the camera lugs, they flip over and introduce a twist. It took me numerous attempts to counteract that and get the strap oriented correctly. (I'm sure I'd get my brain around it eventually if I wanted to take the strap on and off a lot, and then it should go pretty quickly.)

Quick adjustability is a definite plus with this unit. If you want to shorten or lengthen your strap frequently, this may be well worth a look for that.

Overall I deduct one star for value. Sure, it is a superior product, but after handling it, $50 just seems like too much for what this really is: a couple of wire clips, some nylon webbing, a rubber pad and a few plastic fittings. (Some thread even pokes out from the stitching like you might expect to see on, say, a $5 strap.) Next time around, I think I'll go a cheaper, simpler route.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›