Questions & Answers
Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff
by Howard Leight
4.4 out of 5 stars (4,076)
$52.67
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 170 questions
votes
If the batteries die or you leave them on and forget(as I have done) They will function as regular ear protection but they will lose the ability to amplify regular sounds. Basically the best part about these is the ability to hold normal or even whispered conversation and hear really quiet noises such as twigs breaking or footsteps in the snow. To restate my answer they would be great ear pro even if they were dead- Chris
Sep 20, 2013 by Chris Sykes
votes
I have used these for mowing my lawn. I used my Apple iPod with a standard interconnect cable. The plugin on the headphones is the same as on the iPod. I was surprised how well they worked. I thought the volume would have to be very high but it was not. The sound protection was quite good and I could hear my music just fine. There does seem to be a limit as to how load you can adjust the music. I wanted it a little louder but found it to be quite adequate. It's rather surprising how you can turn up the volume and hear surrounding sounds better than without the headphones on. Then when start the mower, its sound is immediately blocked and I can now enjoy my music. I'm sure you'll like using them.
Oct 1, 2013 by Mister Fixit
votes
This by far one of the best and commonly seen at the range ear muff protectors. I have never had an issue with mine and love the slim profile they have compared to other models on the market. So, yes these definitely dampen the noise of every crack of gunshots far and near using a technology that dampens any noise over a certain decibel allowing you to hold conversations with others without yelling or taking if you ear protection. You can also use these with an mp3, iPhone, cellphone and listen to music if you'd like while shooting with the provided plug.
Jan 16, 2014 by Flycaster
vote
How to remove battery Feb 13, 2014
Ha! Funny you should ask because I have to change my battery also. If you look at your two ear pieces you will notice that half of one is half black and half green. That is where the batteries are located at. Gently, with your fingers, push up and that black cover should move and then lift it off. Once you are done make sure that you snap it back into place and that it is firmly secured.
Feb 13, 2014 by Wade
vote
These might work for that application, but I would try ear plugs first. Ear plugs would be cheaper, smaller, less distracting and less likely to fly off of your head when whipping your head around during an awesome dance move! Plus the ear plugs are disposable and you would have to clean the sweat out of the Impact ear muffs after each jazzercise class. The ear plugs would lower the overall sound of everything, but you would still be able to hear the music and instructor. http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Earplugs-Uncorded-NRR33/dp/B0013A0C0Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1383340932&sr=1-1&keywords=howard+leight+ear+plugs just my $.02. Good luck and keep on dancing!
Nov 1, 2013 by K. Bunn
vote
I would think so. They are the most comfortable and quality functioning I have used by far. I have only used them on a range with my students but we can always talk and communicate comfortably. I have used them while mowing with the head phone jack and they were great as well. They can actually amplify normal volume levels while keeping out the harmful ones. I couldn't be happier with them. Two people have seen and used them and went and bought their own for the trap range now.
Dec 11, 2013 by Gary
vote
I just saw them on E-bay for about 12 bucks plus shipping for a total of almost 20 - type in R-01526 Hygiene kit - you might find them @ CVA?
Oct 1, 2014 by Lars A. Lutton
vote
changing batteries Mar 18, 2014
There is a black cover that simply pops of and exposes the battery pack for changing.
Mar 18, 2014 by Al
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   17   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers