4.0 out of 5 stars My lovely umbrella

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment
Published on April 17, 2007 by Bina Shea

4.0 out of 5 stars My lovely umbrella, April 13, 2007
J. Buck (Saint Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I love this umbrella! (Rainkist Clear Bubble Umbrella) It's super cute and stylish! The reason I gave it a 4 rating is due to a little mis-hap I had the second time I used it. A pretty violent gust of wind caught it & ripped all of the metal parts that hold it's shape out. However, this umbrella does have a LIFE TIME WARRENTY & the kind folks at Luggage Point immeditally sent me replacement. Overall the umbrella is great & Luggage Point is even better!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, April 17, 2007
Bina Shea (Beacon Falls, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I'm very disappointed in this item. The clear plastic is not very clear at all, definitely not clear enough to be able to see where you're walking. Also shaft was bent right out of the box. I'll be returning this item. Says it's from Target but warranty enclosed indicates it's manufactured by Rainkist. I'd been looking for a Bubble Umbrella fro a long time but this one is not as good as the ones my grandmother had 30 years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but a bit flimsy, January 18, 2007
I bought this for my wife who had wanted such an umbrella. She seems very happy with it, but I have noticed that the little plastic caps on the ends of the spokes (which hold the clear plastic onto the spokes) easily come off. Hopefully this thing will last a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't blow inside out, January 9, 2007
Yes, it's great that it's clear so you can see where you are going and not get wet and it's sturdy, but my favorite thing about this umbrella is that it will not blow inside out even in the strongest winds!

2.0 out of 5 stars I got all wet! It came in the mail broken the 1st time!, November 5, 2007
The first time it came in the mail it was broken, which doesn't say much for the quality of the product. It was quickly replaced though which I was very pleased about since it poured down rain the next week. I was extremely disappointed however when I realized that the rain was pouring down the umbrella and directly on to my legs! I was absolutely drenched! I don't reccomend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for New York wind and rain, January 8, 2012
It looks good but was unable to last one New York windy rainy day.kind of disappointed of the quality . Should be more robust .

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with Item, February 29, 2008
A. V (Boston, Ma) - See all my reviews
This umbrella was a little larger than expected. I had no problems with breakage like some customers did. I felt the shipping packaging was very secure. Unfortunately, this umbrella does run off onto your legs, but that is a very common occurence with bubble umbrellas as it does not have a wide run off area. Definately more for fashion than function. I still love it though. I do have to recommend washing this item when you receive it though(or just wait until it gets rained on). When I received mine it had a plastic "dust" all over it, similar to latex gloves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Intended deception or honest mistake? Nonetheless, a return., October 12, 2011
I purchased this umbrella because of its advertised "steel windproof frame," a quality other umbrellas seemed to lack. However, when I opened the package I found not only no such frame, but a different umbrella by the brand Rainkist. While this could have been a packing mistake, I have the suspicion that they believe the Rainkist umbrella is 'close enough,' hoping the consumer might not notice. The quality of the umbrella has much to be desired, and I will be returning the item promptly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute but poorly made, November 3, 2008
The first time I bought this umbrella, it was shipped bent and broken. I should have known better than to go through the trouble of exchanging it. The first time I used my SECOND umbrella, the winds of San Francisco smushed the metal so that it no longer has a bubble shape! The metal is very weak and malleable. You can bend it easily with your hands. I do not recommend buying this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and holds up in strong storms..., July 25, 2008
I highly recommend this umbrella becuase it's very sturdy and holds up in strong storms. Also because it's clear, when you're all dressed up, you can shield yourself better, because you can see where you're going.

Leighton Umbrellas Lollipop Bubble