5.0 out of 5 stars Great poncho for the price!
Published 19 months ago by Cliff

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst quality ever, no warranty
Published 17 months ago by Portlander

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst quality ever, no warranty, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Leighton Unisex Adult Poncho Poncho (Apparel)
We have bought 4 of these ponchos from Futai Inc. as a backup solution for an extended outdoor trip after reading the good reviews. Be warned, either the vendor has changed the product without warning or the previous reviewers have not used the product at all. 3 out 4 ponchos have torn right next to the button row 5 minutes after getting them out of the original package. The material feels more like "garbage bag" rather than something that protects you from rain. I even think, garbage bags would have been more effective and sturdy. And, when asking for refund, we got this response from Futai Inc.: "We inspect all items before we ship. We don't have a warranty on the ponchos, and we are not responsible for the wear and tear of the ponchos." - Wear them and they will tear...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great poncho for the price!, May 5, 2013
I was planning a cruise and one of the excursions was to the Costa Rican rain forest. I wanted something that was inexpensive, had potential to be used again, easy to carry, and easy to use. The price for this poncho was right, and the features (including heavier than normal material) fit into my plans. True to its name, it rained during our trip to the rain forest. Other than taking a few moments longer than expected to get the poncho on correctly (I should have tried it on before needing to use it), the poncho worked out great. Many others on the trip also had ponchos, but mine kept me drier than most, even when travelling in the rain at 100 feet up in the rain forest canopy. I am sure other ponchos may work as well, but probably not at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Poncho with Perfect Hood, June 9, 2014
Mary Mac (Redondo Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
Please be aware that most of the posted reviews are for products other than the RainKist Poncho. This RainKist poncho is the perfect poncho and has all the features I wanted. It has the extra brim on the hood so it has a large overhang which is valuable when you wear glasses! It has 2 snaps on the placket at the neck so it's easy to get on and off for people who wear glasses. It snaps up to my neck and it's a perfect fit - not too tight or too loose. The hood has cords for cinching it tighter. The poncho comes to just below my knees (I'm 5' 3") and the "arms" almost cover my fingertips. (My husband is 5' 9" and the poncho comes to just above his knees and the "sleeves" stopped at his wrists. The hood and the neck also fit him perfectly when both placket snaps were snapped.) There are 2 snaps on each side of the poncho to create the armholes. I think this is the perfect weight (100% PVC) and it seems durable - not like those ponchos with the thickness of plastic bags. I looked at a large number of ponchos and this is perfect. I bought it for an October European vacation but plan to keep it in my car for our rainy season of 5 days in September! It's a lot better protection than an umbrella! I purchased the yellow poncho and love the color - it's a rich, deep, school bus yellow. The pouch is clear plastic rimmed in yellow with one snap and is envelope shaped. It was larger than I expected (10.75" across x 8" height) but that aids in easier packaging of the poncho!

UPDATE JUNE 13, 2014:
I really like this poncho and ordered the navy blue for my husband from the same supplier the yellow one came from - Cambridge Select. I received an umbrella! I returned it and ordered the blue poncho again - from Cambridge Select. This was a mistake because I received an umbrella again. I've now ordered the navy blue poncho a third time but from a different company. Cambridge Select had no problems getting a yellow poncho to me but having their navy blue umbrellas labelled as ponchos presents a big problem in getting a correct order in that color.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, March 11, 2013
silvia alfandari (woodland hills, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This is the best rain coat you can have. It is a good quality, it is so comfortable, and very practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, July 4, 2013
Because it's very light weight. You can put it on quickly! It takes up less room when you want to go on a trip. Very strong material. I love the cute hood.

5.0 out of 5 stars will fit plus or king size people, October 4, 2013
It fits and more. I took a chance ordering this rain poncho as it was not clear if it was a plus size or a poncho meant for petite people or children. I was not expecting it to be more than I hoped for based on the price. "Darn good price". Well I just received it and it is plenty big. I believe it will fit all plus size women and men and has good length too. I am very happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Poncho, but..., August 8, 2013
I really like the whole idea of a lightweight rain poncho. We purchased a couple of these and one in a youth size for our vacation to Seattle. The only problem is, I really don't like how big this is on me. I like a tighter fit on my rain gear, because this just seems to float around me too much. But...if you do like protection from the rain in a pinch, this is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept elementary schooler dry, June 17, 2013
My elementary schooler went on a 3-day camping trip and even though it rained the whole time, never got wet! Since this is a poncho, it will fit for many years and I can borrow it too! A friend liked it so much she bought one for her kid too.
Good value for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leighton Unisex Adult Poncho, February 13, 2014
Received my Leighton Unisex Adult Poncho today, the fabric or lack of felt good and durable. I examined it very well for snaps around the sleeves, snaps at V opening around the neck only to discover a 3 inch (approximately) opening on hood a the necks base. Was extremely disappointed to buy something new and find it defective . . . I research various brands, styles, and material types prior to ordering. I like the black as pictured.

I wanted this for my Appalachian Trail Thru-hike as my departure is soon. The Leighton Unisex Adult Poncho is light weight at 12 ounces, I could have shed my 4 ounce backpack rain cover. I was care not to cause the tear to grow any larger as I tried Leighton Unisex Adult Poncho on to see how it fit. It is roomy and lands at my knees (I'm six foot) -- I believe it may have covered my backpack too but did not attempt it.

From this extremely short experience with the Leighton Unisex Adult Poncho it seems pretty good and should last longer than a cheap throw-away. Had it not be defective I would have kept it -- that was not the case and a return has been initiated. I'm giving three stars due to lack of quality control.

I cannot in good faith offer a recommendation either way to buy or pass it up. Weight your options and the possible hassle of returning. You may luck out with one that isn't defective. Sorry I could not be of more help regarding this product but I've only had it for five minutes in hand with not actual usage other than trying it on.

DIGITAL SIGNATURE

I prefer to close my reviews with a "THANK YOU" because I do appreciate you investing your precious time in reading my material. We live in a complex complicated world where time is at a premium. I do pray you found this review like my others informative and helpful in aiding your next purchasing decision. Your comments are always welcome and I make every attempt to reply to comments as time permits. Again "THANK YOU" for this opportunity to aid you in spending your hard earned money wisely.

I am not employed or receive any compensation by the manufacture or any organization promoting this product or additional hardware. I purchased or received as a gift my product like anyone else, sharing my myriad thoughts and experience with you. Whether it is five (5) stars or five (5) eggs I rarely give the maximum as there is always room for improvement; whether or not it is true, I believe manufactures work harder to achieve that maximum rating.

I hereby extend to you a plethora of blessing of good health and welling being. Bless you all.

2014 Copyrighted by Dr. Gary Drury D.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, November 22, 2014
It folds up so small it's easy to keep in your fanny pack for an emergency. Also,if there is ever a zombie apocalypse you can cover it with zombie guts.

Leighton Unisex Adult Poncho Poncho