Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leisure Time RENU5 Renew Non-Chorine Shock, 5-Pound
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on September 23, 2015
We have a dual-zone swim spa, and use a bromine system. This stuff works great as a non-chlorine shock in both the hot and cooler sides. In an emergency I tried the white-label non-chlorine shock from the huge pool supply chain and then again from the local big-box home improvement store (Clorox brand non-chlorine shock), and both left the water with a distinctive plastic/rubber type smell that made swimming almost impossible.

I went back to Renu and the smell went away, and I haven't looked back. I wish somebody stocked it locally for emergencies, because UPS and Fedex won't air ship this so delivery takes 3-5 days, but I'm happy to have found it on Amazon.
on March 5, 2012
When using bromine you don't want chlorinated shock. This is great in my hot tub. I first used chlorinated shock like a fool and couldn't understand why my levels never worked and better was my skin would dry out and itch. No longer. I'm in the process of upgrading to a different tub, incorporating salt water, but till then I'm now happy.
on September 25, 2015
We use Leisure Time products exclusively in our hot tub. Have for years and have had absolutely no problems with the water quality or mechanical system of our spa. I have found that I get a much better deal on these products by purchasing online rather than our local spa store.
on May 18, 2015
Using all Leisure Time products to maintain my Spa's water.
Designed to work well together, and provides an economical solution to keeping my spa's water clean, clear, and good smelling.
Follow the simple instructions printed on the containers, and it is almost effortless.
Love it!
on May 16, 2013
If you're going to buy chemicals for he spa you might as well get a big bottle of it. It's more cost effective. I put about 3oz. in a week and this bottle lasts me about 5-months or so. It works well in spas with copper ion systems.
on July 6, 2013
This product is great for non chlorine use systems. We have an ozinator on our hot tub and this product is the perfect solution to renewing our water... we use it both before and after use and its great! No stinky, yucky or murky water here!
on March 27, 2012
I am very unhappy with this item. We have purchased it from our local spa store and never had an issue with it. These "granules" are rock solid. I wasted my money on an item that I can't use. Back to the local store for me!
on July 22, 2014
This is as close as you can get to scam with plausible deniability: show a box, send a packet, and catch a fast clicking amazon prime buyer off guard! Guess what else - you can't return it, because it's "hazardous materials." Well played Leisure Time.
on July 16, 2013
The price of this at a local chain is almost double. For a family on a budget in need of hot tub chemicals, this is by far the best price I have found!
on November 9, 2012
Great bang for the buck and much more convenient buying thru Amazon. I would highly recommend this product and others if you have a Juccuzi hot tub.