5.0 out of 5 stars Dont give up...
Published 15 months ago by M. Beck

3.0 out of 5 stars Lekue egg cookers
I've learned how to cook eggs using the Lekue poachers in the microwave; separate the whites, cook them for about 40 seconds on medium power, add the yolks and microwave another 40 seconds, because the yolks cooks much faster. Be sure to olive oil and add seasonings to the cups first, keep trying till you get the eggs you want. A little practice and they work great.
Published 10 months ago by mmmvegas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Lekue egg cookers, August 17, 2013
mmmvegas (las vegas, nv) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont give up..., April 6, 2013
This review is from: Lekue Hemisphere Ovo Egg Molds, Clear (Kitchen)
on the first attempt or even the second. It is always a bit tricky to get the perfect soft boiled egg no matter what method is used. I am now an ace at it and a devotee of Lekue egg molds! I purchased all three shapes and so pleased that i did so. The difference in the shapes depend on what will be accompanying the egg. I.e., the square i utilized for nestling the perfectly poached egg in a bed of wilted spinach topped with porchetta and hollandaise sauce....

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea, but eggs can explode if not careful, March 23, 2013
I agree with the other reviewer that one has to keep a close eye on this product when cooking eggs in the microwave. While I have refined the process of making my morning eggs, I have to stop the microwave about every 15 seconds (and remove the lid to let the steam out). This is to make sure that the lid doesn't pop off. If I don't stop it periodically, there is egg all over the microwave.

In addition, I find that even with a little oil, the egg still sticks to the silicone. My recommendation is to pass on this product. It's an interesting idea, but does not work well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a quick breakfast, be careful of exploding., July 29, 2013
I love this for a quick filling breakfast using the microwave. I opted for the cylinder shape and it fits perfectly on an English muffin. However I never put it in the microwave with the lid fully down. That seems to aid in the egg exploding in the microwave. Instead I just gently lay the lid on the mold so that it allows some venting.

5.0 out of 5 stars LEKUE EGG SQUARE MOLD, September 7, 2012
THIS IS THE GREATEST PRODUCT FOR MAKING AN EGG. I USE DIFFERENT INGREDIENTS AND USUALLY BREAK THE YOLK AND STIR AROUND, PUT IN MICRO FOR 60 SECONDS AND HAVE A GREAT LITTLE OMELET. I HAVE THREE OF THESE IN DIFFERENT SHAPES AND LOVE USING THEM. VERY FAST, BREAKFAST IN A MINUTE. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bu gotta use Pam with it, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Lekue Hemisphere Ovo Egg Molds, Clear (Kitchen)
This thing was bought on a whim but is just great. We don't really eat eggs but our 1 year old son seems to really like them and it seemed like so much work to try to fry an egg. We microwave the egg instead using this thing and it is great. Only caveat is you need to spray on Pam otherwise the eggs really sticks to it and it is a bit more work to clean up. That said, we now always use Pam and it makes cooking up a single egg really easy. Would definitely buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars EXPLODING EGGS - Pretty close to useless, March 11, 2013
I can not use in the microwave. The reason I bought it. My thought was to use in the morning to quickly cook an egg before running out the door. The only way I have found for this thing to work is to stop the microwave every 10-15 seconds and perforate the egg with a fork to allow steam to escape. I got sick of the eggs blowing up and splattering all over the inside. Even running the microwave at less than 50% causes EXPLOSIONS... Uggghhhhh. The directions give no help or sign that this might happen.

I will be going back to the stove and skillet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Trial and Error, June 3, 2013
The directions, although in a panoply of languages, did not seem to apply to my (more powerful) microwave. I set the time at 30 seconds, per the directions, but my first egg blew the top off the Ovo mold and splattered the inside of the oven. I then recalled that an older poacher had directed me to pierce the yolk, and the combination of that, plus reducing the time to 20 seconds and adding 5 seconds at a time after that, as needed, gave me a lovely soft-cooked egg. So...the product does work, but you may have to fiddle with the timing, and use a fork to pierce the yolk.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Thing Is the BEST, Great Eggs in Seconds, May 2, 2014
ereader (Pleasanton, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lekue Hemisphere Ovo Egg Molds, Clear (Kitchen)
This works perfectly every time, if you follow directions.
1) Lightly oil the silicone
2) Sprinkle salt on the oil
3) Crack egg
4) Set timer then power level (you previously determined FOR YOUR MICROWAVE)
5) Cook, invert egg on food or plate, wipe out silicone cooker or soak with a little water, then wipe out clean later

Where you place it on the micro tray is determined by with type of egg you are cooking:
If hard cooked egg, you can put it in the center of the micro
If soft cooked egg, put on the out periphery of the micro tray
(This is because of physics and the chemistry of the eggs. Yolks cook quicker, the center of microwave ovens also cooks quicker; hence move cooker to side if not cooking hard cooked eggs.)

You must figure out the time for your micro. One day, buy extra eggs and figure it out. Then always buy the same grade (sized by weight, i.e. small, extra-large etc.) and you are all set for timing your eggs the way you like them.

If your eggs are popping, it is from steam building up too quickly. Lower the power. I set my timer, then power. I always COOK MINE AT 50% POWER; I have no issue with steam, popping or exploding eggs. I end up with perfectly runny yolks and cooked whites just the way I like it every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars This thing is pretty awesome., January 21, 2014
I bought this egg cooker for work since I was trying to come up with more cost effective lunches during the week. So far, my experience has been a good one. I set the microwave at 80% wattage and microwave for 20 seconds then pull it to let the steam out. I run it another 20 seconds and check how done the egg is then adjust my cooking time after that. Normally an egg with a medium set yolk takes about a minute this way, but it works wonderfully. I will likely purchase a second one and possibly more for gifts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›