Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lekue Silicone Ice Pop Mold, Set of 2
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

83%
17%

on June 20, 2010
I recently bought three different silicone ice pop mold sets: the Lekue, the Kinderville Little Bites Silicone Ice Pop Molds (Set of 4), and the Orka Ice Pop Molds, White Base. This mold was the most expensive and also the longest, with a height of about 8". Both the Lekue and the Kinderville molds are meant to stand upside down while they are freezing and both hold about 3 1/2 ounces of fluid, but the Lekue is narrower and taller than the Kinderville (by over 2") and needs a taller shelf in the freezer. Even with the extra height I actually preferred this mold the best of all three because it holds a decent amount and is really water-tight. The Kinderville will drip if you fill it with juice or anything watery. The Orka works great and freezes upright but is tinier than it looks and holds less than 2 ounces per mold while still taking up a 4"x4" space in the freezer.

The Lekue ice pops release fairly easily with a little hand-warming, although for some reason I've been having problems with my fudge pop recipe. It still releases, but it takes a little more pre-warming and more effort to push the pop out of the mold. Not a big problem on hot summer days. Hand washing can be a bit of a hassle because the mold is so long and narrow, but I believe these are dishwasher safe. This seems to be a high-quality mold and is definitely worth the price.
on May 10, 2010
I've had these molds for two years and have had problems with them retaining odors from the start. They smell like a freezer smells when it is left unplugged and defrosted. There are a number of discussions on different forums about silicone kitchen products and the odors that they retain. Most of them complain about things like onions leaving a smell. I'm not sure what has impregnated the smell so deeply in this case because I haven't been making onion pops.

It is too bad that they fail in the smell and taste departments, because I really like the shape and the tactile experience. At this point I've thrown them out because the bad smell also produces a bad taste. I suspect that other silicone popsicle molds suffer from the same defect.
on January 2, 2010
I have been using my lekue silicone popsickle molds for about 3 months. We have tried fudge pops, coconut cream pops, and simple left over smoothie pops, and all of the them come out of the molds easily. The molds are too pliable to allow the kids (4 & 5 yrs) to fill them, but they have no trouble eating them. They clean up simply and I love that there is no sticks to fall out. Also, it seems to have less mess on the kids because of dripping- although they do like to pretend it is lipstick so there is still a little mess. I am very pleased with my purchase.
on July 13, 2010
Since the Lekue brand and the Norpro brands appear identical, I purchased both at the same time so that I could compare them side by side. They may appear identical and may both be made out of food grade silicone but they are NOT the same. The Norpro emits a faint but disagreeable odor and taste to the food frozen in it. The Lekue does NOT emit any sort of smell or taste. Buy the Lekue brand!
on May 31, 2010
I always had trouble with the rigid molds with a stick. It is so hard to get the pop out of them. One does not have a problem like that with this mold. Easy to fill, to freeze, to eat out of it. My children love it. I haven't experienced any bad odour problem at all. It is easy to clean and to store as well.
on January 30, 2014
This is exactly what I needed and works great. I would not hesitate to make a purchase of it again.