Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Whitney, My Love forum

Lengthy Historical Romance Novel...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2011 10:02:52 AM PDT
G. Brown says:
Hi all. I'm looking for a good historical romance novel that is longer in length than the norm. Something like Whitney My Love or the Outlander books. Any recommendations for something like that? OR if you have a really good historical romance that is not so long but is amazing, do tell. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 11:25:08 AM PDT
I always check the number of pages under the synopsis of the Amazon books. I won't buy anything less than 382 pages (a lot of books have 382 pages! 400 on up is good. I just finished a Joanna Lindsay that was 700 pages! However, about 200 pages could have been eliminated, in my opinion. If it say "Novella" it is a short book and I don't bother.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 5:28:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 5:56:20 PM PDT
NathalieM says:
Hello G. Brown,
I came upon this thread & it's been a yr & almost 4 mths since u posted this request. I hope since then u were able 2 find new recommendations. I also saw a thread that someone started a few yrs back about why Historical Romance Novels now are not as good as in the late 70's, 80's & early 90's and there were really good recommendations there.
I am an avid reader of that genre & I just started 2 read contemporary romances & Romantic Suspense. I also love 'Whitney, My Love' but I haven't got into the Outlanders books yet however I do have them in my TBR pile.
Just like Julie Boyd I don't read short stories nor novellas so a really good book for me also have 2 be @ least 350+ pages so 2 finally answer ur request & give u a few of my favorites Historical Romance Novels that I read & r in my keeper shelves, they are:
-Keeper of the Dream by Penelope Williamson
-The Robin Hood trilogy by Marsha Canham: Through a Dark Mist & In the Shadows of Midnight & The Last Arrow (All 3 bks r really good)
-The Warlord by Elizabeth Elliott
-Damsel in Distress by Shannon Drake
-Lily by Patricia Gaffney
-The Warrior by Nicole Jordan
-The Fires of Paradise & the Game by Brenda Joyce
-The Wolfe & the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss (arrghh! so hard to pick here 'coz all Ms. Woodiwiss' books are lengthy & they r all soooo good!)
-The Windflower by Laura London
-Tears of Gold & Devil's Desire by Laurie McBain
-Where Love Dwells by Elizabeth Stuart
-A Fire in the Heart by Katherine Sutcliffe
-Lions & Lace and the sequel Fair is the Rose by Meagan McKinney
Ok so those r just a very few of my favorites! Enjoy!
:)Nath
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Whitney, My Love forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Whitney My Love
Whitney My Love by Judith McNaught (Paperback - Mar. 1987)
4.0 out of 5 stars (648)