5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss, worked well
Published on June 3, 2007 by Joseph Boone

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected
I'm sure that this is a fine adapter set, but be advised that it is ONLY an adapter set. Because the title lists the item as an adapter/CONVERTER, that's what I expected to receive. I feel that this listing is misleading when it says "Product Description
Published on March 27, 2008 by M. Fritch

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss, worked well, June 3, 2007
Joseph Boone (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (2008 HOLIDAY TEAM)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Lenmar AC5 5-Piece International AC Plug Converter Set (Electronics)
I purchased this set for a trip to England. The adapter worked like a charm with several different electronic devices that I brought with me. I stayed in three different hotels in different parts of the country and never had any trouble whatsoever. Plug this into the wall, plug your device into this adapter, and you are good to go. It was just that easy and worked perfectly every time. The only thing you have to watch is that whatever you plug in can run on the foreign voltage or you'll need a transformer as well. Fortunately, most devices are now made to run on voltage ranging from 110 to 220 but you should always check just to be sure you don't short out anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Product, February 17, 2006
LCi (California USA) - See all my reviews
Bought two pairs (for myself and a friend). I tried plugging in my cell phone charger and my generic iPod charger, and both fit well into all 5 of the adapters without sticking. I bought these for our trip to Europe (both Ireland/England and continental Europe). A bit cheap construction, but for the price on Amazon, it's worth it. I'll see how well they'll work on our trip, but I'm sure they'll work fine. If not, there's a 3 year warranty.

EDIT: After trip - these worked great in ALL the countries we visited for three weeks (Ireland, England, France, Italy, and Germany)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, March 3, 2009
This set was exactly what I needed for my business travel to Europe. The adaptors worked well for my laptop, BlackBerry, cell phone, and personal care accessories. Make sure all of your electronics can handle the 240 voltage over there before pluging them in because these adaptors do NOT step the voltage down! Most newer electronics and chargers are rated for the higher voltage and will be fine but be sure to check.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel adapter plug set, August 8, 2006
I purchased this set for a trip to Ireland and Scotland. The plug for that area worked well....no problems in either country.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set, October 26, 2009
We purchased these for our trip to Europe and they worked great. In London and Europe we used the skinny 2-pronged plug. The fat pronged plug didn't work. In London the 3-pronged plug also worked. Some outlets in England have the 3-prongs and some have the 2-prongs. Because most newer U.S. cords run on both 110 and up to 250 amps, we didn't have any need for converters. Check all of your plugs to see what they need. Our cell phones, laptop, camera, camcorder, I-pods, etc., all state on the plugs that they run on all currents. The only thing that didn't was my hairdryer. Instead of spending a ton of money on a converter I purchased a dual wattage travel hairdryer inexpensively, and took it with me. What I discovered was that the 220 volt current made the hair dryer run very fast, much more than it runs on our current. Most of the time I didn't need it anyway because the places we stayed at provided hair dryers.

That said, I found these to be well-priced and worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work fine, April 10, 2008
If all you want is every adapter possible, this set is just fine and way cheaper than some of the fancy versions. It came really quickly and packaged well. I needed the British 3-prong one for Oman (don't believe that the whole middle east has only one kind of plug) and it was great. There isn't a converter with these, so be careful. I didn't need one b/c I only wanted to charge my iPod, camera, and phone which auto-adapt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 13, 2008
TJ (Bloomington, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I used these without any problems in both Europe and Italy. I had no trouble with them falling out of the outlets or shorting out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected, March 27, 2008
Lenmar AC Plug, Converter Set, 5 Piece, International". I suppose if I knew more about what I was purchasing, I could've seen by the picture that this was only an adapter set, BUT I don't know what a A/C converter is supposed to look like since I don't own one yet. I was relying on the words to guide me.

I am returning the adapter set to purchase one that includes a converter, so I cannot fairly rate this product for what it actually is. Since I had no choice, I assigned the adapter set 3 stars. I'm basing the low rating on the fact that the countries of use are not written directly onto the plugs. Who wants to keep the package and take it along on vacation?

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap feel, but great quality!, June 3, 2008
At first glance, these plugs had a very cheap feel to them (which slightly worried me), but they ended up being great. I just got back from a month long trip to Europe (used the europe/UK plugs), and these plugs worked great. I had no problems whatsoever. For the price, you'd be crazy not to pick them up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad Start, Great Finish, October 22, 2010
I purchased these for my trip through Europe, because it looked like they'd cover everywhere I was going to be. The construction seems a bit cheap, and I was a bit worried when it didn't work at my first hostel in London, but otherwise I have no complaints. The various adapters ended up working in Edinburgh & Oban (Scotland), Dublin (Ireland), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), Rome & Venice (Italy), Athens & Rhodes (Greece), and then again at the other hostel I stayed at in London on my way out... I'm guessing it must have been a problem with the wiring/outlets at the first place. For the price and the geographical range it covers, this is a hard set to beat.