Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon June 3, 2007
I purchased this set for a trip to England. The adapter worked like a charm with several different electronic devices that I brought with me. I stayed in three different hotels in different parts of the country and never had any trouble whatsoever. Plug this into the wall, plug your device into this adapter, and you are good to go. It was just that easy and worked perfectly every time. The only thing you have to watch is that whatever you plug in can run on the foreign voltage or you'll need a transformer as well. Fortunately, most devices are now made to run on voltage ranging from 110 to 220 but you should always check just to be sure you don't short out anything.
44 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2006
Bought two pairs (for myself and a friend). I tried plugging in my cell phone charger and my generic iPod charger, and both fit well into all 5 of the adapters without sticking. I bought these for our trip to Europe (both Ireland/England and continental Europe). A bit cheap construction, but for the price on Amazon, it's worth it. I'll see how well they'll work on our trip, but I'm sure they'll work fine. If not, there's a 3 year warranty.

EDIT: After trip - these worked great in ALL the countries we visited for three weeks (Ireland, England, France, Italy, and Germany)!
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2009
This set was exactly what I needed for my business travel to Europe. The adaptors worked well for my laptop, BlackBerry, cell phone, and personal care accessories. Make sure all of your electronics can handle the 240 voltage over there before pluging them in because these adaptors do NOT step the voltage down! Most newer electronics and chargers are rated for the higher voltage and will be fine but be sure to check.
on August 8, 2006
I purchased this set for a trip to Ireland and Scotland. The plug for that area worked well....no problems in either country.
on April 10, 2008
If all you want is every adapter possible, this set is just fine and way cheaper than some of the fancy versions. It came really quickly and packaged well. I needed the British 3-prong one for Oman (don't believe that the whole middle east has only one kind of plug) and it was great. There isn't a converter with these, so be careful. I didn't need one b/c I only wanted to charge my iPod, camera, and phone which auto-adapt.
on April 13, 2008
I used these without any problems in both Europe and Italy. I had no trouble with them falling out of the outlets or shorting out.
on March 27, 2008
I'm sure that this is a fine adapter set, but be advised that it is ONLY an adapter set. Because the title lists the item as an adapter/CONVERTER, that's what I expected to receive. I feel that this listing is misleading when it says "Product Description
Lenmar AC Plug, Converter Set, 5 Piece, International". I suppose if I knew more about what I was purchasing, I could've seen by the picture that this was only an adapter set, BUT I don't know what a A/C converter is supposed to look like since I don't own one yet. I was relying on the words to guide me.

I am returning the adapter set to purchase one that includes a converter, so I cannot fairly rate this product for what it actually is. Since I had no choice, I assigned the adapter set 3 stars. I'm basing the low rating on the fact that the countries of use are not written directly onto the plugs. Who wants to keep the package and take it along on vacation?
44 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2012
I bought this adapter set before my last deployment. The only adapter I used was the Type G (aka BS 1363, or 'the one with the three big rectangular prongs') since it was the standard everywhere I went (Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Bahrain and the UAE). The big limitation on this adapter is that the ground pin is non-functional, it's just plastic. As a result, the side that you plug the Type A plug into (what we use in America), only accepts a two prong plug. This made it useless for anything with a grounded plug (e.g. most laptops). Yes, you could bore a hole into it so the pin would physically fit, but there's still no electrical connection to the ground pin so you're taking a risk. They're also made of cheap, somewhat brittle plastic. For a two-pronged device it worked fine, but feels cheap.

I wound up just buying another adapter in a brick and mortar store for about 1/3 the price of this set. If you're considering these and you need the Type G, I would recommend looking elsewhere or you'll be severely limiting yourself.
on December 11, 2012
I'd probably opt for the all-in-one design I've seen but this worked well in a pinch. Used it extensively in Hong Kong and China with no problem. Note that the British three prong is not grounded and uses a plastic third prong.
on June 3, 2008
At first glance, these plugs had a very cheap feel to them (which slightly worried me), but they ended up being great. I just got back from a month long trip to Europe (used the europe/UK plugs), and these plugs worked great. I had no problems whatsoever. For the price, you'd be crazy not to pick them up!