Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 6, 2012
This little guy really does a lot for such a small size. After allowing the device to fully charge I plugged it into my Kindle Fire and went from 70% to 100% in under 30 minutes. Didn't have a chance to use it (or charge it) for a couple days. Yesterday I took it home from work and decided to run it through its paces. Using an extra USB to Micro + Mini cable I simultaneously connected:

-Kindle Fire (around 70% charge)
-HTC Inspire (around 40%)
-Motorola SLVR (0% - I dug it out of my closet for this)

Charged them all to full within an hour or so. The Motorola took a little longer since it was completely discharged. Then I plugged in (again simultaneously):

-LG HBS-700 Headset (unknown charge...30%?)
-Motorola H700 BT Headset(0% - another closet find)
-Kindle Keyboard

Last but not least I fully charged an old iPod Classic (0% closet find) while I was in bed. This morning I still had two lights on the Wave 6600 but I finally got it fully drained after plugging it into my fire and running the wifi and display for twenty minutes. Definitely what I needed it for. The extra "push" from the 2.1A USB port even allowed me to boot the iPod Classic while it was still drained.
The small size of this device makes it extremely portable and it is easy to carry with you. I have no problem holding it and my Kindle Fire with one hand so I can walk around while charging. As a tech I am constantly using my devices to communicate, troubleshoot connectivity, survey wifi signal, etc so I tend to discharge batteries with reckless abandon. The Wave6600 is definitely my new best friend.

CAVEAT EMPTOR - I purchased this device from a co-worker who had ordered it to use with his two Asus Transformer Prime tablets (TF201 series). These and possibly other tablets have a relatively "high" voltage requirement to enter "fast charge mode" and the Wave6600 could not trigger this even when plugged into the high output USB port. The manual states that one port provides 1.0A and the second provides 2.1A so if your device has a requirement greater than 2100mA/2.1A this will NOT charge it correctly and most likely the device will perceive it as a typical low power USB connection, similar to standard PC USB port. Apparently some have used creative soldering techniques to join the 1.0A & 2.1A ports for a total of 3.1A (listed as the total output in the manual). No guarantees on that one.
44 comments29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2012
I purchased this for a four day backpacking trip. I chose it over much, much more expensive options many made specifically for the outdoors. It worked great! I kept it dry in a ziplock in my pack and used it three times to charge my phone back up to near full charge. You have to make sure to unplug the cable from this unit after charging a device or it will continue to drain. I've also decided to use it an my motorcycle trips where it will be subjected to heat and vibration I'm sure it wasn't designed for. Took it for a ride powering my iPhone to play music, charged up fine afterwards. For forty bucks, I'm going to continue to put this item to use and see how well it holds up.
on October 14, 2012
This is a great portable charger for the galaxy tab 2. Like most portable chargers, they charge at a 1amp charge for cell phones/mp3 players. When you plug your computer to a computer it shows the battery with a red X. Your tablet is still charging, but a at such a slow rate it will not be recognized as charging by the tablet. This portable charger puts out 2amps that will charger your tablet just as plugged into a wall socket. I was able to charge my tablet to three full charges on less than 15% of battery life. The portable charger has 4 illuminating blue lights to show the power meter writhing the charger. The only issue with this product is that it takes at least 6 hours to fully charge the charger on a computer. I have not tried to charge the portable charger in a wall socket yet, but when I do, you will be updated. Great product for the galaxy tab 2.
on March 17, 2012
Order this product on Wednesday from a different store and it came today. It is really too early to know for sure how I will like this device but for the most part it seems good so far. However, I am mostly writing this review to point out a issue between the information on the actual package versus the information on the manufacturer's product specification page. The website indicates that this is a 5volt battery at 6600 mah and thus excitedly lists this as 33 watt hours. However, the package only lists this as 24.4 watt hours. I would have to guess that the package is correct in this case since most batteries of this type are 3.7 volts. But, when attempting to make a decision between this and another battery of a higher mah capacity the information on the website did wrongly encourage me to order this one.

Don't get me wrong I still think I will be happy with this battery and I might have order it anyway as it was just a little over half the price and size of the other battery but I would have felt better about my purchase has the manufacturer listed the correct information on their site.

[Update 11/21]
I have to say that this is a great product. I never got a clear answer on the 24.4 versus 33 watt hour question but in the end this product has performed exactly as I would want it too. I can go hiking all day with my phone's GPS tracking my location the whole time, playing my audio book over blue tooth, and picking up many GeoCaches. At the end of the day my phone is still fully charged and this thing still isn't completely drained. The phone by itself would be dead in about 3-4 hours pushing it this hard.
0Comment19 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
My phone is always running low on battery so I use this often for both my iphone and my ipad. At first it worked fine and I was very impressed but now two months later the pack heats up to the point that it's nearly too hot to touch. I'm going to try it with a new cord and see if that improves the situation. A great product except for the overheating issue.
on July 30, 2012
Just to let you know, this will not charge a Google Nexus 7 tablet. It charges a Samsung Galaxy S2 just fine though.
on December 23, 2011
This little devise is the bomb!! I can charge my iphone in 10 minutes. Also I can charge it several times without recharging.
on February 9, 2013
Unlike other recharging batteries on he market, this one is well made. It charges pretty quick and has a USB port as well as an outlet for computers/iPads. There's a high and low output option according to the demands of different devices. I can charge my phone many times before this thing is dead. An iPad will charge nearly twice to full charge. Great product.
on January 20, 2013
Excellent product. charges my iPhone in @ 10 minutes. would recommend to anyone needing access to quick and convinient charge technology.
on February 17, 2013
I bought this to keep for our trip to Disney World so that I could keep my iPhone charged all day long. It worked exactly like it's supposed to. I would charge it at night in the hotel room and them plug in my iPhone throughout the day to keep it charged. Anytime we took a break and sat down, I would just plug in the iPhone, it would grab a charge, and I was good to go the rest of the day. I've had it for about 2 months now and it still continues to hold a charge and charge my iPhone anytime I am away from a power outlet for an extended period of time. The port to charge larger devices like the iPad works great for smaller devices too, it just charges the devices much quicker. It works great in times that you don't have much time and need to grab a quick charge.

Update 2014-Feb-18
I've now had this for over a year and it still works great. I don't use it all the time, but when I do need to use, it gives me the charges that I need for my iPhone and iPad.

Update 2014-Dec-11
It's now been 2 years since I bought this battery pack and it is still going strong. It's doing a fantastic job charging anything that can be charged via USB, iPhone, iPad, digital video recorder, whatever it may be. I've used it on many trips all over the US, from Florida to Alaska and it keeps all of my devices charged all day long.