5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised

3.0 out of 5 stars one small problem
Published 23 months ago by R. B. Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars one small problem, October 27, 2012
R. B. Clark (hurst, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenmar SSPU2 Auto 2 Port 12V DC Auto Socket Duplicator Plus 2 USB Port (Electronics)
I am rating this product 3 stars. My experience with this product was not one of disappointment but from an engineering or design aspect, one where a good product could be a great product, except for one small detail. I would recommend this product to others with one caveat: Before you use the product, unscrew the nose cap (pointed end) off of the plug, add some super glue to the threaded portion and re-attach the nose. Let it cure for a bit before you ever insert it into your car outlet jack. I am an engineer and I notice things from an engineering perspective. This product failed the first time I used it. It is mostly well designed and I love the fact that it is fused to protect your car's electrical system from an overload and I also liked the locking feature in the plug whereby you can lock the angle of the plug in a certain position. All of that works well. The one thing that I would consider a design flaw is the spring pushing the positive electrode outward is way too strong. The threads for the tip are very fine and the spring ( at least in my experience) causes the nose portion to strip out of the threads and in my case, break off the threaded portion, rendering the device useless. Oh, I have ordered another one, but next time I'll make this one modification. I hope the manufacturer takes note of this flaw and redesigns with a less aggressive spring. Then this might be a 4-star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, October 20, 2012
CD "Eric" (Wiscosin, USA) - See all my reviews
I did quite a bit of reading of the many reviews of this type of product. I wanted a quality unit and I finally selected this one. I really liked the fact that it has a replaceable auto fuse. I felt that if the company went to the expense of adding that feature then it may well be a safe (won't burn up) and dependable device. It fits snugly in the outlet so it will stay put while driving. It folds to take up less room in a glove box when not in use. The indicator light clearly shows that proper contact is made, yet is not distracting. The folding feature gives you some choice on how to ''angle'' the device in the car. Finally it will power and charge an iPad 3. Delivery was quick and packaging was good. I plan on ordering additional ones for other vehicles. I hope this review helps others who are considering an outlet adapter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not sit well in the lighter, January 15, 2013
I bought this for my GPS and my iPod music receiver. I plugged it in my lighter and plugged in both GPS and iPod receiver and it would not stay up. Played around with the neck piece and it kept falling out of my lighter plug. The iPod receiver was to top heavy even if I put it on the bottom, which I did and its still there. Once I finally had it in place the socket would not hold a charge because it kept slipping out and falling on the floor. It drove me crazy because the music and GPS would keep shutting off. I finally pulled the whole thing out and its now on the floor of my car.

I think the manufacturer needs to test it out or have some kind of plastic bracket to keep it in place for heavy plugs. It also could maybe use like a rubber washer at the tip of the socket to keep in it the lighter. I'm just saying if you have a gadgets like the above try something else. You will be frustrated!!

Very disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, November 18, 2012
Can't really use all of the positions because its flimsy and it won't charge more then 2 of my devices at a time, sometime only one. Save your money

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Satellite Radio w/ FM Transmitter, November 26, 2012
Matt Trivett (Raleigh, NC United States) - See all my reviews
My car's stereo receiver does not have an Aux-in port, so I have to use the FM transmitter that's built into my OnyX satellite radio. This Duplicator causes terrible static when the satellite radio is plugged in. Everything else works fine - it charges cell phones, mp3 and dvd players, and even works with a standard FM transmitter I use when listening to music on my cell phone. Just not the Onyx, which was my main reason for getting this. I'm sending it back and will continue to look for a duplicator that doesn't cause static interference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, November 1, 2012
Emily (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
So far, so good...it works like a champ out of the box. I haven't loaded up all 4 ports yet, but it handles the two cigarette-type plugs fine. Nice blue LED lets you know it's working, and I like having the circuit breaker there to protect my devices in case of a surge. The swivel adapter has a lot of intermediate settings the picture doesn't show, so you can position it where you like. I didn't give it 5 stars because it's just a little bulky and I wish the plug was in the middle instead of on the side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, October 18, 2012
Karen Y (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Works perfectly! My auto socket is slightly out of the way, and this socket duplicator even helps extend the the port a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 10, 2012
Bought this for long drives. Have two cell phones and Ipod plugged in it and it works great. Great product at a very good price. highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, October 23, 2011
George M Doner (N Royalton, OH, US) - See all my reviews
This product arrived on time and I have used it several times. I bought itso I could use my Ipod and GPS at the same time. It works great and I am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget!!, September 23, 2011
wrjan (Madison, AL United States) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this expansion port for the car. I am able to have my GPS plugged in and my iPod plugged in. Both work terrific, and I arrived at my destination with both fully charged. Glad somebody thought of this -- wish it had been me!!!

Rate and Discover Movies