5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised
I did quite a bit of reading of the many reviews of this type of product. I wanted a quality unit and I finally selected this one. I really liked the fact that it has a replaceable auto fuse. I felt that if the company went to the expense of adding that feature then it may well be a safe (won't burn up) and dependable device. It fits snugly in the outlet so it will...
Published 23 months ago by CD

3.0 out of 5 stars one small problem
I am rating this product 3 stars. My experience with this product was not one of disappointment but from an engineering or design aspect, one where a good product could be a great product, except for one small detail. I would recommend this product to others with one caveat: Before you use the product, unscrew the nose cap (pointed end) off of the plug, add some super...
Published 23 months ago by R. B. Clark

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible with Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Lenmar SSPU2 Auto 2 Port 12V DC Auto Socket Duplicator Plus 2 USB Port (Electronics)
According to Lenmar's web site, this device is compatible with Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, Galaxy S1/2/3 phone. However, not only the total rated power output is limited 1A, which is half of what it's required by Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 or iPad, the USB connector is not terminated correctly to most portable device to charge at its full rate. In the case of Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, it flat doesn't work at all. When connected to Galaxy S and Galaxy S3, it does charge the phone, but only at 0.5A.

3.0 out of 5 stars just my luck, February 10, 2014
fast shipping very well packed,just what i wanted,read the reviews and all sounded good but one,the 1 about the end cap and how it wouldnt stay on the threads and how this guy put some thread lock on it,so i said that i would give it a try and ordered me one,great product buuttt,the end cap,i put thread lock on the end cap and let dry,next day the whole end had blown off..no fixing it i tried so i didnt send it back cause i must have missed it up but all in all good product

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, March 18, 2013
This product did not charge two devices at once. It only supplied power to one, and the power was intermittent. I decided to return itand just go with a USB car charger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't start out well, but improved with help from Lenmar, December 20, 2012
Matthew O'Neil (Clearwater, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Updated March 7, 2013

Lenmar, the manufacturer replaced the item even after I told them Amazon had given me a refund (a donation was made to an animal charity in Lenmar's town to be equitable). The new model does not have the screw on tip the previous unit did, they seem to have made significant improvements in the design and manufacture. I have used it for a week or so now and it performs flawlessly.

The clamshell packaging is now also much easier to open. Had this been the original unit I would have given them 5 stars, however since I did have a bit of trouble with the first unit I am raising my previous one star review to 4 stars.

*****************************
I bought one of these in October and finally used it this week. I plugged it in and charged my phone and used my GPS on a long car trip. It worked fine, but at the end of the trip when I removed it the plastic tip of the device is stuck in my lighter socket.

I didn't read the review from the engineer before I bought it about how cheaply it is made or I would have avoided it. I can't get it out of the lighter socket without damaging it, and I sure don't want to damage my car so I will have to get a mechanic to remove the lighter socket and either remove the tip while he has the socket out of the car or simply replace the socket.

It shouldn't cost more to have your car repaired than the device cost to begin with. If I were you I'd avoid this brand like the plague.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well and is sturdy, June 22, 2012
Saw several reviews for other products of like kind saying that they were not well made this one is. It is sturdy we used it on a trip of about 1200 miles it kept the gps and i-pods going and i like the low light so you know it is working. The addition of fusing the unit so it will not over draw power is a nice feature. If you need either multiple lighter plugs or usb this is a fine item at a good price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Auto port, July 17, 2012
I have an older model car and the product will not fit in the cigarette lighter. Consequently, I don't know how it works.

If, I could rate just the company, rather than the product, I would give them a 5/5! They responded quickly and fairly to my complaint.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bulky, but functional, August 9, 2014
For a recent road trip, I needed a way to power my GPS, my FM transmitter, and charge my cell phone. Sadly, my car only has one cigarette lighter socket. While this device may not be the prettiest, it worked great and didn't start any fires in my car while powering all of my gadgets. :) Safety is important to me, so I was happy to see that the fuse was prominently placed on this charger. It's a little bulkier than I liked, but basically all cigarette lighter adapters are, so that's not the fault of the manufacturer. Just note that the USB is only 1 amp which is split between the two ports, so if you connect two smartphones to the USB ports, they will charge slowly.

PROs
+ Turns one cigarette lighter socket into two, plus adds two USB ports for charging your phones
+ Includes a fuse for protection that is easy to replace
+ The connector pivots to help you move the unit into a convenient location

CONs
- Bulky size, but this is common with cigarette lighter adapters
- The 2 USB ports utilize 1 amp between the two: if one phone is plugged in, it will charge faster than if two phones are plugged in. Also, 1 amp may not be enough to charge some tablets, even if it is the only device plugged in.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good Idea, but ..., August 14, 2014
The device has several attractive features. The locking-swivel male socket, the fuse, two cigarette sockets as well as two USB outlets.
However, when I put it into my cigarette socket, it immediately came apart at the tip, lodging part of the tip inside of the cigarette socket on my car. I had to use a needle nose plier to retrieve this piece, therefore damaging it and rendering the whole thing worthless. I had purchased two of them and now I am afraid to even try the second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, durable Auto socket power adapter, September 15, 2014
Purchased one of these a few years ago, and has been very durable. My family and I take vacations, and need adapters to charge our electronic devices. I purchased a couple more of these this year because we all have iPhones, Ipads, and laptops, and therefore need more adapters to charge. These adapters are very durable. Love hos the adapter can fold to accommodate different charging locations in a vehicle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014