|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||2.5 GHz Core i5-3210M|
|RAM||4 GB DIMM|
|Hard Drive||750 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD 4000 Graphics|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 hours|
Lenovo G580 15.6-Inch Laptop (Glossy Brown IMR)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5 GHz (3 MB Cache)
- 4 GB DIMM
- 750 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 15.6-Inch Screen, Intel HD 4000 Graphics
- Windows 8, 5-hour battery life
There is a newer model of this item:
Top Customer Reviews
Update Dec 20th : Lenovo sent recovery disks. Attempted recovery with Lenovo on the phone to guide me. Did not work, the computer is going back to be repaired. Not too happy now, but cannot complain about the service, it was fine. I hope the machine works properly when it gets back, will update.
Update Jan 17th : Still waiting. They are replaceing the motherboard and do not have the correct one in stock at the repair center it is at, so they say, must come from China or something, not a very happy customer at this point.
Update Jan 29th : Lenovo is now not the company I would recomend
Update Feb 16th : Finally have the computer back. It is running well. Lennovo support was terrible giving mis-information and outright lies were told to us. According to the "Lenovo Depot Repair Center Repair Action Report" that came back with the machine, the repair was replace hard drive.Read more ›
- Screen size
- Keyboard with numpad
- Big HDD
- Good i5 processor
- Average Graphics Card
- Windows 8 (personal opinion - I didn't like it that much)
- RAM could have been more... although this is not a real problem as such!
On the whole, its a good i5/4GB/750GB combination!
Couldn't be happier. Not only is it really fast but it does everything I need it to without any hassle. Lenovo makes a great quality product.
Note: I put in the full capacity of 8 Gigs of RAM, and got a laminate cover for the screen and backside cover. That's it. Did the research on the CPU benchmark compared with the i53230m and would have gone with that one but the price point was too persuasive. So, I got this one instead. Does the job just fine until I get my Carbon X1.
Update: June 9, 2014.
I've had this computer for some time and have let my wife and her brother use it. No problems whatsoever. Looked at other computers and this one was still great for the price. Fast as long as you get rid of the bloatware. Make sure to clean it, wipe the crap software, add RAM and you have a great investment.
Up to 4 stars.
1. It seems to be a pretty fast machine for the most part.
2. It has the latest OS, Windows 8, only a disadvantage while getting used to this vastly different experience from any other Windows version.
3. Nothing has gone wrong yet with any of the hardware.
1. Keyboard difficulties: (a) The standard key section is too close to the Num key section: this makes it harder to tell where certain keys are when the room isn't well lighted (very annoying!) (b) The CapsLk key looks the same whether caps lock is on or off.
2. The laptop user is led into using LOTS of junk software and software that s/he must eventually either give up or pay for.
3. Attempting to get a little laptop support online from a Lenovo rep was pretty much a waste of time and nevertheless a cost to Lenovo that the users probably pay for in the cost of the laptop.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The hardware is nice, but sure wish it didn't have Win 8. I wouldn't advise Win 8 for any computer unless it has a touch screen.Published 18 months ago by gt_jjax
Higher speed laptop for under $500. Windows 8 is a pain but no choice on that anymore. Seems like internet surfing could be a bit faster but not sure if it is laptop or my... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Diana L. Hale
This computer result so good, it didn't problems, works good, is fast, and run a lot of aplicattion without problems.Published on January 21, 2014 by Luis Morales
I'm so upset!!!!!!, I purchased this product and never turned it on!!!!! when we call lenovo for the warranty they told me that they can't do anything because I'm not in USA. Read morePublished on September 3, 2013 by Mayling
'Y' letter continuesly typed when once click on button. I want to change this one But i'm in mongolia. Don't buy this laptop. Read morePublished on August 28, 2013 by Uurtsaikh Erdenebaatar
I do plan to update this review as I use this laptop more.
I did read a few reviews that complained about the mouse pad making it difficult to type but bought it anyway. Read more
This was my attempt to try a laptop other than Hp. And it is a nice laptop, the keyboard is very user friendly, the dark brown finish is nice it looks black. Read morePublished on June 5, 2013 by Kevin J.
The cursor jumps all over the page while typing anything, email, letter or any other document. It is extremely frustrating and this is my second unit that did the same as the... Read morePublished on May 24, 2013 by tony fortunelli
En cuanto al servicio de envió no tengo ninguna queja,el producto llego en el tiempo esperado dentro de EEUU (por razones de la aduana en mi país, Venezuela, no tuve... Read morePublished on April 9, 2013 by Martha
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.