4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, quiet, cheap.
Published on July 3, 2010 by Gian Pablo Villamil

1.0 out of 5 stars Product has not arrived
I live at an APO and product was sent via surface freight. I have been waiting 51 days for it to arrive. That is unsatisfactory!
Published on September 27, 2010 by Mike Hauter

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, quiet, cheap., July 3, 2010
This review is from: Lenovo 3015-1OU Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
When Lenovo first launched the Q700, it got mixed reviews due to middling specs. However, this (later) model is much improved, featuring a Core 2 Duo at 2.9Ghz and a fast 1TB hard drive. Not clear from the product description is that this model (3015 1OU) also includes a Media Center remote, a TV tuner and AV-in features. It also comes with a rather good quality wired keyboard and mouse, which I was not expecting.

It is straightforward to set up: it took just minutes to connect to a home theater system (HDTV, surround sound system) and worked pretty much immediately. Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium comes installed, and works fine out of the box. It immediately found and installed drivers for all sorts of peripherals, including a Logitech webcam, long-range WiFi adapter and others.

Build quality is great. The system feels heavy and solidly built. Most visible surfaces are Thinkpad-style rubbery black, top and bottom surfaces are glossy heavy plastic. The sliding door that covers the front USB ports works smoothly.

In use, it is almost entirely silent, and *fast*. Even HD media plays smoothly and well. It wakes up from sleep instantly. Media Center remote integration is so good as to be unnoticeable, it just works.

When shopping, I compared this to other systems from HP, AOpen and other vendors. For the most part, other systems were either nettops with an Atom processor, and hence underpowered, or else, larger & louder mini-tower systems. I found this one to hit a nice sweet spot in terms of CPU power, size, and silence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, September 24, 2010
Eric C (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo 3015-1OU Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
This little Lenovo is a great product. I chose Lenovo because I'd bought one of their netbooks a few years ago and love it. Lenovo has picked up where IBM left off and they are providing an inexpensive alternative to the more well-known PC's. I Chose to wait 2 months before writing this review so that I REALLY knew if it was a good buy.
I must admit, I ONLY USE IT FOR ENTERTAINMENT... I'm sure that it's a great pc for regular use, but I bought it to connect to my TV and use the Windows 7 ... which is AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 mo.s after purchase review, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Lenovo 3015-1OU Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
One heck of a value. I was searching for most inexpensive media server on market 6 mo.s ago and Amazon customer service rep referred me to this desktop before it was available. Very satisfied and well worth the wait. I use it for fairly everything but TV. TV is serviced by my Denon Receiver which does upscaling and more.

Only fault with system, is the use of 8 pin S-video input port which is not compatible with any of my digital video cameras of 5 years past. They all use 4 pin standard. I was hoping to archive all the early video memories of my only child, digitally. Cannot find any 8 to 4 pin converter on Internet; so I have to figure some elaborate work around someday.

With this major disappointment I still admit I find the Q700 to be of great value on my home network! Also note, I upgraded OS from Win 7 Home Pro to Win 7 Ultimate at additional cost but very affordable because of money saved on server acquisition. I have come to understand the model is disco'd and, if true, this is sad for all who are looking to find a versatile small form cool little media server!

Feel lucky that I was pointed by Amazon CSR to the product and regret not doubling the purchase back then.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product has not arrived, September 27, 2010
This review is from: Lenovo 3015-1OU Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)

Lenovo 3015-1OU Desktop (Black)
Out of stock