5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product at a Great Price!
I own a Lenovo X201, and have 3 chargers for it. I have the regular (larger) 90W 20V charger, and two other smaller 65W 20V charger. This is the same as the latter.

Published on April 29, 2012 by K. Chua

2.0 out of 5 stars 6 months later
Published 24 months ago by saxmahoney

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product at a Great Price!, April 29, 2012
K. Chua "KChua" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)

In the past, I've always bought it from Lenovo or its authorized resellers at relatively expensive price > $50. When I saw this and many others on Amazon, I thought it was a generic non-Lenovo branded charger but it turned out it's Lenovo branded and it works exactly like the other two I already had. The only thing was different is it has 3 prongs instead of 2. You can use it in USA but it's not as easy to use in places like China that I was traveling to.

Overall, since it works exactly the same, and a less than half the price of the previous chargers I've bought from Lenovo, I thought it's great value and strongly recommend it! If this is helpful review, please let me know by clicking the "Was this review helpful" button. Thanks!

2.0 out of 5 stars 6 months later, September 24, 2012
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
I purchased this product as a replacement to the charger that came with my laptop, which stopped working after a couple years of use. When I got this charger as a replacement, I was slightly worried because it sparked whenever I plugged it into any outlet. It has a smaller body than the chargers that come with Lenovo laptops, and thus also gets much warmer when charging. What prompted this review, however, is that it stopped working entirely after only seven months of use. It's been tested on several laptops, and the charger itself is dead.

For the first seven months, it did work properly, but purchasing a new charger several times a year is something I want to avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars One-For-One Replacement, April 9, 2012
Replaced the following Lenovo adapter:

Lenovo AC Adaptor 65W 20V
DCWP CM-2
P/N: 92P1156
FRU P/N: 42T5282
Input: 100-240V-1.5A
Output: 20V-3.25A

A few weeks in now and functioning flawlessly. I'll update if I encounter any problems!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working in a week - then caught fire!, August 12, 2013
Lara A Dolan (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
We bought this as a replacement for my daughter's laptop charger. It worked only intermittently after the first few days. She tried it again and it seemed to work - then while she was in her room it sparked and caught fire, filling the room with the smell of electrical fire. Fortunately she was in her room and saw it happening as this incident could have been much worse. I have submitted a return request through Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, UNSAFE product! NOT GENUINE Lenovo adapter! NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR MONEY, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
I ordered this ac adapter, because my original one broke and I needed a replacement for my Lenovo ThinkPad L420. Well when the adapter arrived in the mail, it didn't work. It was packaged in a small box, with only one thin layer of bubble wrap around it. There was nothing else inside except the adapter. Not ever an order receipt. I contacted the seller through Amazon and they told me that sometimes the adapters get damaged in shipping, and they would send me a replacement. (Maybe if they packaged it better, it wouldn't haven't gotten damaged in the first place.) I also asked them if, maybe the problem was that I ordered the wrong adapter, but they assured me the one I ordered was compatible with my laptop.

When I received the second adapter, it also came poorly packaged. This time, in a padded envelope with again, just one layer of bubble wrap around it, without any other paperwork. It seemed to work at first, but within a day of use the power supply got extremely hot! The plastic casing on the side started to warp a bit from the heat! This can't be safe!

I should also note that both of the adapters they sent me (the broken one and the replacement), had a slightly off color yellow connector that didn't match my laptop. The two adapters didn't even match each other in color. I have very high doubts that this adapter is a genuine Lenovo product like the company claims!

1.0 out of 5 stars Died on me for no reason, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
This adapted worked perfectly for a month, and then it suddenly stopped working three days after the return window expired. Do not buy this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEW CHARGER CAUGHT ON FIRE - DANGER, January 8, 2013
Patricia A. Maloney (New Haven, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
I bought this charger about 6-8 weeks ago as a replacement charger for my Thinkpad laptop, which I use probably about 3-5 days a week for a few hours each time in an office setting. In other words, not heavy usage.

Today, when plugging it into the wall, it sparked and caught on fire. Thankfully, I put it out with a blanket quickly and the circuit breaker tripped, or this could have been disastrous.

DO NOT BUY THIS.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Product, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
After looking at multiple options to replace my original charger, I decided that the price was right and I would try this one. That was a big mistake. After one day of light use (my laptop stayed on my desk) it quit working unless the cord was in the perfect position, and the next day it cut out altogether. I didn't have it working long enough to get a replacement. This is a horrible product, don't waste your time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
BE careful when purchasing. 2 problems. 1.)the plug does not fit the models advertised. 2.)The plug came into 2 pieces, the adapter that plugs into the laptop, and an "extension" the plugs from the wall to the adapter. Well...the ":extension" isn't even the right shape to fit into the adapter!
Fail and Fail. I would give it no stars if I could.

1.0 out of 5 stars the cable broke within 2 months, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter (Personal Computers)
the cable skip starts to break after I used it for less than two months. It is completely broke now. I can't use it.

Lenovo 40Y7696 65W 20V AC Adapter