4.0 out of 5 stars it is just great. the wifi problem is fixed now
I wasnt expect the building quality is so wonderful, very cool very solid!
The old wifi signal problem is fixed now, I've tested it intensively use on varies conditions comparing to my thinkpad laptop, iphone, ipad, etc. People who are interested in this laptop shouldn't worry about it now.

but the battery life is not that great. It is advertised as 7h...
Published 19 months ago by chemnash

2.0 out of 5 stars wifi issues a killer
I did a good bit of research on laptops before making a purchase, went into stores, read reviews, etc. A few comments.

A number of people note how the screens are flexible, go into a store and try bending screens, all thin laptops are quite flexible. Seems odd to me too, but if everyones doing it, it must work.

I saw a few reviews about wireless...
Published 19 months ago by Ryan England

2.0 out of 5 stars wifi issues a killer, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) (Personal Computers)

I saw a few reviews about wireless problems with the u310, but saw many other good review so I disregarded. Don't disregard. There is a detailed summary at [...].

Seems to be that lenovo figured out the wifi was really bad, but kept selling units and just fixed it on the new ones. I bought my laptop on Sept 20, it was manufactured on May 28, the fix didn't come out until July 23... The date is printed at the bottom of the tag on the outside of the box, so if you buy in a store you can check.

In my case, the speed seemed not great to me, but the range was terrible. I got maybe 50 feet from the router before I lost signal. Even my phone (which I think has pretty bad reception for wifi) was better than that. I decided to go into work and see if I could pick up signal at my desk and couldn't ... back to the store we go. I read lots of reviews of 2-3 weeks for repairs and the problem not fixed, didn't sound like what I wanted to do with a brand new laptop.

Aside from the wifi issues, it was a great unit, solid build, really nice touchpad, good keyboard, screen was fine. I suppose some people might only use a machine at home, but for anyone that travels around, I think the wifi problems makes this machine a no-buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars WiFi Issues., January 3, 2013
I ordered this laptop for my wife for xmas. It is going back after two days of light use. Take the warning that there are WiFi issues seriously. Amazon must have a bulk hold on the older models that still have this issue. Do yourself a favor and get something else.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away, December 23, 2012
The first laptop I received was obviously defected. The bezel around the screen was unattached and the wireless card refused to work at all.

The replacement got off to a better start, however things ultimately ended up in a return and a refund. The body of the laptop is okay. Metal bottom and lid but the inside is plastic. The screen brightness is very low even at max settings and the colors are extremely washed out.

The deciding factor in returning the laptop came down to the wireless card. It just doesn't work correctly. I re installed windows, updated the drivers, upgraded to Windows 8 but nothing helped. It had problems connecting and when it did connect my speeds were horrible.

There are much better alternatives out there for your money. It's a shame, Lenovo used to be my go-to brand.

Do yourself a favor and spend a little bit more for an HP or even a DELL (can't believe I just recommended a Dell laptop).

1.0 out of 5 stars No wifi, October 5, 2013
Wifi does not work ... period. What else is there to say? Lenovo should reimburse all purchasers of this flawed product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase, August 25, 2013
Without a doubt the worst wifi connectivity of any laptop on the market. Looks beautiful; but without reliable wifi what good is it?

4.0 out of 5 stars it is just great. the wifi problem is fixed now, September 6, 2012
I wasnt expect the building quality is so wonderful, very cool very solid!

but the battery life is not that great. It is advertised as 7h which is not quite possible.
under normal usage of wifi and multimedia, I got about 4h battery life.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 GB RAM MAX? Where is it said?, July 24, 2012
VAMSI SEETA (Glendora, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I just received my Lenovo U310 and my first impressions are that it is stylish and lightweight. When I started playing around with the laptop, I figured that the mouse pad, though responsive and accurate, makes an awkward clicking sound every time I tap on the pad. No, I am not talking about left or right clicks, just tap of the finger in the middle of the pad! I figured this is because the mouse pad does not have separate left and right click buttons, but the whole mouse pad tilts/depresses to make the click.

Also, one thing that I did not know when ordered this laptop is that the RAM is maxed out at 4 GB for this laptop and no, you cannot upgrade RAM because there are no more empty slots left. This laptop has only one slot with 4 GB max rating! In this day and age where 8 GB RAM is quickly becoming a norm, I never thought there are computers that are restricted to 4 GB RAM with only one slot!

I did notice slightly noisy cooling fan, but I read that it is a common feature for all ultrabooks. So, I can live with it.

Anyway, the performance so far has been good and I will update the review once I get a chance to try more features. For the price I paid ($653.99, after $100 Amazon gift card), I think this laptop offers high end features compared any other laptop on the market today.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Wifi, January 30, 2014
I bought this laptop from a local store as my hard drive had gone on my old laptop and I needed one the same day for my business. First, I registered the laptop and found that the date it showed as purchased was four months ago. I called and was told the warranty period starts from when the laptop is manufactured, rather than when it is purchased, which to me is totally unsatisfactory. The worst thing though is that the wireless is terrible. I will get messages of poor connectivity, and lose connection numerous times a day, with a few times of a good connection. Some web pages will not load, or take excruciatingly long to load. My wife's HP laptop flies through the same web pages.

Lenovo tells me there is no trouble with the WiFi and that I should call Verizon FIOS. Funny then why does even a very old Windows 98 laptop connect much faster too.

I just ordered a USB WiFi adapter so that I can hopefully get a good connection. I will never buy another Lenovo.

1.0 out of 5 stars keep searching, November 16, 2013
Keyboard was unresponsive on the refurbished model I tested but at least the wifi issue seemed to be fixed. Also it's bulky compared to options in the same price range.

2.0 out of 5 stars Believe the reviews on poor wifi, June 17, 2013
I've had to return two of these Lenovo U310's manufactured prior to the wifi reception fix. The reception drops off very quickly as you move away from the router, when compared to other properly functioning laptops. Otherwise, a pretty sharp computer.

ARRAY(0xa37b5d14)