4.0 out of 5 stars it is just great. the wifi problem is fixed now
I wasnt expect the building quality is so wonderful, very cool very solid!
The old wifi signal problem is fixed now, I've tested it intensively use on varies conditions comparing to my thinkpad laptop, iphone, ipad, etc. People who are interested in this laptop shouldn't worry about it now.

but the battery life is not that great. It is advertised as 7h...
Published 19 months ago by chemnash

2.0 out of 5 stars wifi issues a killer
I did a good bit of research on laptops before making a purchase, went into stores, read reviews, etc. A few comments.

A number of people note how the screens are flexible, go into a store and try bending screens, all thin laptops are quite flexible. Seems odd to me too, but if everyones doing it, it must work.

I saw a few reviews about wireless...
Published 19 months ago by Ryan England

2.0 out of 5 stars wifi issues a killer, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752BU 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Graphite Gray) (Personal Computers)

I saw a few reviews about wireless problems with the u310, but saw many other good review so I disregarded. Don't disregard. There is a detailed summary at [...].

Seems to be that lenovo figured out the wifi was really bad, but kept selling units and just fixed it on the new ones. I bought my laptop on Sept 20, it was manufactured on May 28, the fix didn't come out until July 23... The date is printed at the bottom of the tag on the outside of the box, so if you buy in a store you can check.

In my case, the speed seemed not great to me, but the range was terrible. I got maybe 50 feet from the router before I lost signal. Even my phone (which I think has pretty bad reception for wifi) was better than that. I decided to go into work and see if I could pick up signal at my desk and couldn't ... back to the store we go. I read lots of reviews of 2-3 weeks for repairs and the problem not fixed, didn't sound like what I wanted to do with a brand new laptop.

Aside from the wifi issues, it was a great unit, solid build, really nice touchpad, good keyboard, screen was fine. I suppose some people might only use a machine at home, but for anyone that travels around, I think the wifi problems makes this machine a no-buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars WiFi Issues., January 3, 2013
I ordered this laptop for my wife for xmas. It is going back after two days of light use. Take the warning that there are WiFi issues seriously. Amazon must have a bulk hold on the older models that still have this issue. Do yourself a favor and get something else.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away, December 23, 2012
The first laptop I received was obviously defected. The bezel around the screen was unattached and the wireless card refused to work at all.

The replacement got off to a better start, however things ultimately ended up in a return and a refund. The body of the laptop is okay. Metal bottom and lid but the inside is plastic. The screen brightness is very low even at max settings and the colors are extremely washed out.

The deciding factor in returning the laptop came down to the wireless card. It just doesn't work correctly. I re installed windows, updated the drivers, upgraded to Windows 8 but nothing helped. It had problems connecting and when it did connect my speeds were horrible.

There are much better alternatives out there for your money. It's a shame, Lenovo used to be my go-to brand.

Do yourself a favor and spend a little bit more for an HP or even a DELL (can't believe I just recommended a Dell laptop).

1.0 out of 5 stars No wifi, October 5, 2013
Wifi does not work ... period. What else is there to say? Lenovo should reimburse all purchasers of this flawed product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase, August 25, 2013
Without a doubt the worst wifi connectivity of any laptop on the market. Looks beautiful; but without reliable wifi what good is it?

4.0 out of 5 stars it is just great. the wifi problem is fixed now, September 6, 2012
I wasnt expect the building quality is so wonderful, very cool very solid!

but the battery life is not that great. It is advertised as 7h which is not quite possible.
under normal usage of wifi and multimedia, I got about 4h battery life.

1.0 out of 5 stars keep searching, November 16, 2013
Keyboard was unresponsive on the refurbished model I tested but at least the wifi issue seemed to be fixed. Also it's bulky compared to options in the same price range.

2.0 out of 5 stars Believe the reviews on poor wifi, June 17, 2013
I've had to return two of these Lenovo U310's manufactured prior to the wifi reception fix. The reception drops off very quickly as you move away from the router, when compared to other properly functioning laptops. Otherwise, a pretty sharp computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars I installed hackintosh on it and works well, April 4, 2013
Everything seems ok. Only two problems are:
i)I dont like the integrated graphic card
ii)The noise of the fan.
But overall, this little machine is above average for sure. I really like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars It is just Okay, March 17, 2013
THERE IS SERIOUS INTERNET CONNECTIVITY ISSUES WITH Lenovo U310 ideapad!!!
everything else seems to be fine but it is a pain when I try to connect with internet in college wifi while everybody else's laptop connects just fine :(

ARRAY(0x99334960)