5.0 out of 5 stars A Steal!
Fry's had this on sale today, the 2GB version for $249. I picked one up since my X61 was getting temperamental.

Published on April 9, 2012 by Paul Paron

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk
After several IBM thinkpads, 3 Lenova netbooks,I was confident about buying 2 of these G575's. Big mistake. Within days of the 1 year warranty expiring, both computers became paperweights, crashing 2 days apart. Deciding to try their customer service, the first tech indicated he and his wife had the same problem. Their 2 lenovas crashed the same way, a few days out of...
Published 20 months ago by les6923

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Steal!, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Lenovo G575 43834WU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black Textured) (Personal Computers)

I figured for $249, how bad could it be? Well...with Windows 7 (and I'm a Mac guy as a rule) the computer is just fine for general use. Quick enough loading web pages, and, unlike the usual assortment of crapware that most computers come pre-loaded with? Office Starter (Word and Exel) for free!

I'm just a happy little guy-I would have easily spent more on a used computer, not had the most current OS, not had the upgradability (I bet when I move this to 8GB of ram it will fly!) and really, for my purposes I think this was a great buy! Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice basic system, April 12, 2012
Was waiting for a price drop on this unit on Amazon but finally saw it at Fry's for $249. I just need a basic simple Laptop for surfing web, MS Word and email and this works great for what I need to do. I dont expect amazing performance at this price, but it works better than I expected. Nice sized screen, easy touch keyboard, super quite fan ( I never hear it kick on and off like my old one), runs amazingly cool even when sitting on a bed or couch, fast when im online. I even ran some CAD/CAM programs that ran almost as well as my work system, the graphics card seems to handle 3D CAD/CAM fine as well as Photoshop, although the monitor might not be up to displaying super fine photo-editing qualities... it's a nice screen, just not near as good as higher end units. Build quality is good, but nothing fancy. Not a designer Laptop, just a good all around basic unit that exactly fits my needs. Im very happy with this computer.

Update: I installed an extra 4 MB of memory, for a total of 6 MB, noticed no real performance increase at all. Glad it was only $20, but install went smooth, no issues installing additional Crucible brand memory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic Laptop!, April 16, 2012
I'm like the other two reviewers, I got this at Frys for $249. For the money, I'm surprised at how fast it is. It's super light and the screen is crisp & clear. I didn't want to spend alot of money on a laptop, because as fast as technology goes this will be outdated within a couple months. But it's perfect for me for light use and I would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife Loves Her New Laptop!, June 9, 2012
This laptop arrived well-packaged within a couple of days of ordering. My wife was tired of her old laptop and asked me to get her a replacement. I decided on the Lenovo brand based on my prior experiences with IBM/Lenovo. I purchased a Lenovo G570 last year and was very pleased with it. The Lenovo G575 uses an AMD Dual-Core processor and runs much faster than her old laptop. This item does come standard with a 1-year hardware warranty. I would highly recommend this item to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first laptop! Rated best brand, May 22, 2012
I bought this computer for general use. I talked to one of my friends who works on technology and he suggested the Lenevo brand because as of right now Lenevo is rated in the top 3 laptop brands. I love it! it's light, the speakers are loud, and it is good quality. the backspace and number pad are a little smaller than normal but then again most laptops don't have a number pad. And sometimes the mouse turns into automatic mode..that might be able to be adjusted just haven't taken the time to see if it can or not...It is my first laptop...but have used many other people's and for the price it is great. i did pay $419 on amazon so was a little upset when i saw it was cheaper but oh well. hope this helped

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Entry-Level Computer and a Good Value, Easy to upgrade and repair, August 13, 2014
This system started out as a basic computer to use when teaching at an online high school. It helped me advance from a tutor to a teacher, teaching Physics, Digital Arts, Psychology, and a number of supplemental courses. It has proven easy to upgrade, and usually reliable.

The battery did end up failing, and I don't recommend generic replacements, for the replacement was continually detected as bad. A branded replacement battery worked fine.

The hard drive was nearly ruined in a slight drop, but was easy to replace, and the data was able to be recovered.

Internally, I find it easier to do repairs and upgrades than some other laptops are. The easiest upgrade was the memory, butas already stated, the hard drive was easily replaced, and I recently swapped out the keyboard.

A screw broke in a repair and was damaging the casing of the system, but was ultimately retrieved and fully restored.

Again, I may be telling you ways I've fixed this, but that's to demonstrate how easy it is to work on. The damages have been things that could happen with any computer, and with everything I do, my computers sometimes get rough treatment. This is a system I've had for several years, and it's survived falls, spills, and numerous upgrades... and at the moment is a far better computer than when I first got it. I've composed music, done gaming, edited HD video, and much more on this. It may be bare bones, but it's capable of a lot if you are determined enough... Upgrades to a system can be far cheaper than a system with everything integrated from the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Lenovo, June 30, 2012
I'm really a novice at purchasing items like this but I knew I'd want to keep in touch electronically on vacation. I found this item on Amazon and I had heard that some of our local library techs used this brand so I took a chance. It was easy to use and I was easily able to pick up WiFi at the hotel. The software already downloaded was user friendly so that even a newbie could figure it out. It wasn't that expensive and I have been very pleased with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, July 16, 2012
I bought this for my 11 year old's first computer. It came with windows 7 installed and out of the box it was easy and quick to set up. It found our home network during setup and connected (once I gave it the key #) easily. No problems from this basic machine yet. Fast, quick startup and decent enough screen. There are quite a few $400 computers out there...this one is worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars does it all, May 14, 2012
The Lenovo does what I need it to do. Has a sharp image.I wish the sound was louder but the bottom line is an excellent buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat product for the price, October 26, 2012
This is a great laptop for the price. It is light weight, doesn't heat up compared to DELLs.

Cons - Camera is only 1.2 mpx and the images appear bit dark.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lenovo G575 43834WU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black Textured)
Used & New from: $169.90