Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on August 1, 2014
As other reviewers mentioned this product is not perfect. I have used Lenovo laptops at work for several years but always had a docking station. It took me some time to get used to the idea of connecting a dock via a plug instead of pushing it onto a station. But I have to say - after a few days I thought it was a lot easier! I have come to prefer the dock over all the docking stations that I install(ed) for other employees in our company.

Here are my impressions after about 4 weeks of use:
Pros:
- small footprint
- light
- stylish design
- connection cable lets me place the laptop freely on my desk
- got all the connections that I need (2 monitors, ethernet, plenty of USB connectivity)
- cheaper than a comparable docking station
- I can run three screens at a time using DVI, VGA and my laptop

Cons:
- sometimes the monitors flicker and the secondary monitor takes about 20 seconds to stabilize (identical monitors on DVI and VGA)
- occasionally Windows 8 gets confused with the zoom of my two monitors but that's a Windows 8 problem I think
review image
on May 21, 2014
Thinkpad Yoga docked with a OneLink Pro dock.

When connected through either the DisplayPort or the DVI-I port, my display goes in/out of power save mode.

Problem surfaced during initial set up, but then didn't re-occur for a couple of weeks.

Then, a couple of weeks ago it re-occurred (sometimes it will stay on for an hour or two, but most of the time it's stuck in and endless-loop of (1) off for 5 seconds, (2) back on for a few seconds, (3) repeat

When it goes really crazy (constant on/off) my system will hang and require a cold reboot.

UPDATE: (June 5,2014)

Received a replacement dock from IBM. Initially, it appeared to have resolved the problem. However, after about a week (today) I noticed the exact OPPOSITE problem, when in Power Save mode, the monitor repeatedly enters power save mode (the "Entering Power Save" mode window pops up repeatedly.

I have never had such issues w/ any of our previous Thinkpad docking solutions, nor with the new company issued Dell laptop/dock.

I am not certain if the issue is with the dock, or with our new Thinkpad Yoga S1 (it's also had an intermittent issue)

Update: (June 13, 2014) Dock Issue; not resolved
88 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2014
I'm running the 1.06 BIOS and I installed the latest OneDock Pro driver from Lenovo's website and it's working great for me. I haven't had any problems with Ethernet connectivity and it drives my 30" 2560x1600 monitor over DisplayPort just fine. It's really nice to be able to plug in one connector and have a full-fledged desktop setup.
on June 12, 2014
This docking station has allowed for a small laptop to only have one cable connect to it to activate a whole slew of USB ports, an external monitor and wired network access and charging. Just connect the cable, close the lid and slid it out of the way and you have a full hookup as if you were working from a desktop PC. This is connecting to the Lenovo ThinkPad S1 Yoga.
on August 4, 2014
I've been using this with a Thinkpad Yoga and haven't had any major issues.

If I leave my speakers plugged into the front port and remove the laptop the speakers have a buzzing noise. I just switched over to a USB DAC and don't have that issue anymore.

The gigabit ethernet port isn't as fast as what you would get from an integrated port. It's USB3 based, so it's performance is on par with those style of adapters.

I wish it had more USB ports on it. I still end up using a USB Hub. The 2 USB3 on the front is a nice touch though.

Other than minor quibbles it works great, and I haven't had any real issues with it. It works as expected when I plug/unplug.
on January 4, 2016
This dock works very well. I have used it with my Thinkpad Yoga & a Carbon X1 (3rd generation). Both of them work fine for basic usage. The only flaw that I have is with the DisplayPort/DVI ports. I use two external monitors, one of them being 4k. Even though the on-board Mini-DP port can handle 4k @ 60hz, the DisplayPort on this dock can only do 30hz, which for my use is worthless (too laggy). Also, when using the DisplayPort, it cannot run the DVI as well. For my Carbon X1, I have to plug my 4k monitor directly into the laptop, which disables the DVI on the OneLink, so I have to use an external USB 3.0 Graphic's card for my second DVI monitor (1080p), which adds some system overhead. I am not sure why Lenovo wouldn't make this capable of doing what the laptop is capable of. Besides that though, I am very happy.
on March 11, 2015
I'm using this with a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 and so far it has been great. Note that the display ports are DVI-I and DisplayPort and that it does not have an HDMI port. I was used to using HDMI to connect my monitor, but my monitor has a DVI-D port as well, so I connected it using a DVI-D cable and it works great. If you're curious, here's the difference between DVI-D and DVI-I as I understand it: DVI-I supports analog output as well as digital output and has more pins than a DVI-D cable, and DVI-D only supports digital output. Both DVI-I and DVI-D cables will connect to a DVI-I port like the one on the dock, you just won't get analog output with a DVI-D cable.

I have had no issues with my 1080X1920 HD display flickering, going blank, or anything else unpleasant. Video playback is smooth and free of artifacts. I did make sure to download the latest drivers and firmware updates from Lenovo's website, so maybe that fixed the issues other reviewers seem to be having with their displays. Also, some reviews for this dock are referencing an HDMI port, which makes me think they're reviewing the non-pro version which does have an HDMI port, the PRO version does not. I am not using dual monitor output, and I am not using the Ethernet port, so I can't comment on how well those work.

I really like the OneLink technology...with one plug, I can turn my laptop into a desktop computer and have immediate access to my external display, speakers, external USB drives and devices, and even synch and charge my phone and tablet. And I can just as easily disconnect everything with just one plug. You could argue that the only real advantages to this dock over any other USB/Display hub are that you don't need another cable to charge the laptop, and that you can turn the computer on and off using the power button on the dock, but those are features I find really handy. I work from home, and have found the dock to be a real time saver. Yes, you can experience feedback from external speakers if they are left turned on and plugged into the dock when the computer is unplugged, but it's easy enough for me to turn the speakers off when I'm done using them, and I don't know that any other dock wouldn't exhibit this same behavior.

If I hadn't needed/wanted the 4 USB 3.0 ports on this dock, I could have used the non-pro version with a single HDMI port and have been just as happy, but since the dock is supposed to be an all-in-one solution, I didn't want to limit my future options.
on April 26, 2014
I got it just the right time after lenovo fixed the flapping problem. Working rocksteady with my X1 carbon ( 2014) model. Paired it with Fiio DAC and Audio E#ngine speakers and now I have perfect setup
on April 20, 2014
Has difficulty driving more than one monitor at 1080p (hence why bother with the 'pro' version of this dock at all).

On my dell 3008 monitor (30" @ 2560x1600), there is noticeable lag and stuttering even when dragging windows back and forth across the screen. HD video will play, but it will periodically cut out with artifacts. Connecting the monitor directly to the displayport connection on my laptop resolves the issues completely, so it seems like the dock as at fault.
on August 20, 2014
I am having an issue with the screen flickering to black about 3 or 4 times a day. Very annoying.