Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on January 12, 2014
I got the Yoga tablet mostly for the stellar battery life. There are already tons of reviews for the Yoga tablet, so I figure they don't need yet another rave review (overall I love the tablet and concur with all the 5 star reviews over there!). The keyboard cover was an added draw (rather than purchasing some other bluetooth keyboard that doesn't match the tablet). Since it also doubles as a magnetic cover, it saves me from getting a separate cover.

I can see from the reviews that either people love it or hate it. The keyboard is way better than some other bluetooth tablet keyboards I've tried. Most of them are really awkward and small. This keys on this one doesn't seem quite as small as the others I've tried. I usually type 120+ WPM on regular keyboards. On the Lenovo bluetooth keyboard, I was able to get around 80 WPM. This is way better than the on-screen keyboard (even if you use swype). I'm a girl but I think I have larger than average hands if that helps... :-/ The charger is annoying. Not sure why Lenovo didn't just go with a microUSB port. However, the cover over the charging port isn't that hard to open. You just need 1mm of fingernail to pry open the cover. Once charged, it's advertised to last > 75 days (based on the informational booklet that came with the keyboard). So far, I haven't even encountered the keyboard running out of battery. I'm charging it about once a month. Sure the battery life will get worse with time.... but as it is, charging once a month is no hassle at all. The keyboard connects really quickly; you just do the pairing in the very beginning when you get the keyboard. Lastly, just want to mention that I also ran into the glitch where the apostrophe (') didn't work on the keyboard. A quick online search yielded this thread which explains how to fix it:[...]
Here's a quick summary list for people like bullets :-)

PROs:
- looks great
- doubles as a magnetic cover
- relatively fast to type on, compared to other bluetooth keyboards
- pairs quickly with tablet when you turn the keyboard on (on-off switch on the top right corner, above Delete key)

CONs:
- annoying proprietary Lenovo charging port (not too bad, since it's only once a month that you need to charge it, or every > 75 days according to the company :-)
- glitch with the keyboard apostrophe (which is easily fixed after you change the keyboard setting -- see the post I linked to above).
**ADDENDUM: Amazon blocks any links to outside sites apparently. If you have the apostrophe problem, then just google "lenovo keyboard apostrophe does not work" and it is the 2nd result. That may change with time since Google searches are based on how popular these sites are... It is a thread on a Lenovo forum. If you can't find it, just message me and I can send the link to you.

Overall, I LOVE the cover and am very satisfied with the purchase.
When I was buying my tablet and cover, the cover was out of stock at Amazon.com. I had to buy this keyboard cover from the Lenovo website using an employee discount. The price was even higher than it is now on Amazon. This is a great deal for a keyboard + cover!

I will update the review if it changes significantly over time.

**REVISED 2/7/14**
I just noticed very superficial scratches (in the direction where you would be pulling off the keyboard cover) on the surface of my tablet only visible when the screen is off and you look at it with tangential lighting. Not a HUGE deal, but I hate to have so many scratches on such a new tablet. I never put the tablet inside a bag without using the keyboard cover... therefore, the only reason there would be for the scratches is the keyboard cover scratching it. Also it's weird that the scratches are all in the same direction and parallel.

Because of that, I am no longer using the keyboard as a cover. I went and bought a screen protector, a case, and a sleeve on Amazon. Should have just bought a screen protector to start with. ugh. Lesson learned.
I've revised the review to a 2 star review (since I can still use the keyboard as the keyboard, just not use it as a cover. I kinda like how the keyboard has a trackpad. I wasn't able to find another bluetooth keyboard with a trackpad, so I am not going to buy a new bluetooth keyboard at this point).

Hopefully people can learn from my mistake and put on a screen protector which is more scratch resistant than the native screen. That way... maybe the keyboard cover can still be used as a cover...? Would be curious to find out... I have so many scratches on the screen now, I wouldn't be able to count if there were additional scratches (unless there were 100s more), but I don't really want to risk it getting to that point.
22 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2013
First of all if you lose or break the charging cord, the keyboard is worthless. It is not USB and has a custom connector.
The design is somewhat awkward to use as a cover both to put on and remove.
The Bluetooth frequently disconnect after a few minutes and will not reconnect with the power switch still on. Have to turn the power off and then on again to reconnect. The track pad is very sensitive and there is no way to control the speed of the cursor movement in settings. Takes a few seconds just to place the cursor in the right spot then it moves before you can click it. Clicking with the trackpad can take a couple of minutes if you are trying to click a small checkbox. Have not figured out if you can turn a page. Tried everything, got to use your fingers for that I guess.
Certainly frustrating rather than helpful. Really not worth it. Lenovo need to have some sort of settings to customize the keyboard and trackpad. Great idea but bad execution and just a horrible product with the Lenovo name. Until the above can be corrected, I would definitely not recommend this product.
44 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2014
I've patiently waited for the price for this keyboard cover to drop to around the $50 range and when it did, I pulled the trigger. I do agree with many of the negative reviews about the funky charging connector and possible scratching of the tablet or screen when putting the cover on or taking it off. But, the charging setup does get the job done and if you are careful mounting or removing the cover from the tablet you should be OK. I've found that it is best to hold the keyboard face up and then carefully slide the tablet onto it. However, I do think that even with its negatives that this cover still nicely compliments the tablet. Not only does it provide protection for the tablet, but it also provides a keyboard for typing and a touch pad and scrolling arrows for better web surfing. And for around $50, I believe it to be worth the price.
on April 30, 2014
I recently purchased a yoga 10 and so far am very satisfied. Part of the reason I bought this tablet was for its unique design and having a matching cover/keyboard really completes the picture. The keypad itself is excellent, good size keys with a nice solid feel when typing. The keys are nicely spaced apart and I've had no issues with key functionality. The cover itself slides easily over the tablet and remains snugly in place, looks sleek and well designed. Bluetooth connectivity could not have been any easier.

So why am I taking away two stars?...one for the proprietary charging cable. As many other reviewers have noted, it just doesn't make much sense in lieu of using the same micro USB port that charges the the tablet itself. In addition, the port is oddly placed on the keyboard face itself. The other star (and this is a big one for me), is the trackpad. Moving the cursor is not bad, but when it comes to either left or right click, it just seems to have a mind of its own. This is really frustrating, I don't have fat finger either. I was really hoping that I could get by without a mouse, but it looks like I'm going to need one on the occasion I need that functionality.

Overall, its not a bad cover/keyboard, but this could easily be a 5 star item with a little more attention to build quality/design in my opinion.
on December 11, 2013
The charging cord is proprietary and is not USB into the keyboard
Second the cover of the charging port is so hard to take off you have to twist the whole keyboard and then it does not fit flush to the tablet anymore.

If you do not need a separate keyboard buy the sleeve for it and save money
on April 6, 2014
Many things are hard to do on a touch screen. The keyboard
with its touch-pad mouse is indispensable.
If you don't type anything for a minute or so, the keyboard will
disconnect the bluetooth and go to sleep to save the battery.
This seems annoying at first but it only takes a couple of seconds
to wake it up and re-connect. I just hit the space bar.
It's a little tricky at first to put the cover on but once you get used
to it, it's no problem. Lay the cover facing up on a flat surface.
Place the tablet face down over the keyboard so that the top
half of the tablet is covering the bottom half of the keyboard.
Then slide the tablet upward into the grooves.
Don't forget to turn off the power switch on the keyboard.
on March 26, 2014
This bluetooth keyboard is pretty good. Some folks said it was built poorly. I don't agree. It's light has a special charging cable that works with the plug that comes with the Yoga tablet. I doubles as a cover. It doesn't stay in place very well if you handle the tablet, but if you. It does protect the screen very well. I goes with the Lenovo Yoga tablet. With this keyboard you can get buy very well without a PC.
on March 17, 2014
After having the keyboard/cover for about three weeks, I found I just was not using it. The on-board graphic keyboard was sufficient for my needs and the cost of the cover could be put toward a better carrying case and warranty. Not a bad product, just something I thought I could do without.
on July 18, 2014
I bought the tablet directly from Lenovo w/o the keyboard cover, and was sorry I hadn't gotten it afterwards. Then, I found it on Amazon, for a better price and was glad I hadn't ordered it originally! It gives good protection to the tablet while traveling, but I needed a little time to adjust to the size of the keyboard.
on March 9, 2014
I am impressed with how this keyboard works with the Yoga 10.
I don't foresee myself using it much but it does give a level of comfort to me when I give it to my father in-law along with the Yoga 10, knowing he will have a keyboard as an option should he choose to use it.

It connects easily with the tablet and has a touch-pad which is nice.

My only problem is I am so used to a full-sized keyboard that I struggle with the size of the lay-out. It's my problem to deal with though and is not a complaint about the product.

The Yoga 10 Keyboard Cover is a nice addition but is certainly not necessary to operate the Yoga 10. You do still have an on-screen keyboard to "peck" at to when you need to type something.
I give it 4-stars simply because I can ONLY get it to work with the Yoga 10. I cannot get any other Bluetooth devices to even see it. It would have been nice to be able to use it for multiple devices should I choose to.