Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on February 2, 2013
If you're looking for a great all-in-one for a great price you won't be disappointed! I was worried when I first read the reviews on here because they are so negative but most of them seem to be software issues. I'm in the IT industry so the first thing I did when I unpacked this machine was to reload Windows 8 from scratch, that way I didn't have to worry about any software put on by the manufacturer. If you use the same version of Windows 8 installation media and just format the existing partition (don't delete existing partitions and re-create) then you don't even have to enter a product key to activate, it automatically finds the product key and activates for you!

The hardware is nice and solid, I don't think it feels cheap at all like another reviewer said. With Windows 8 loaded from scratch I haven't had a single problem, it runs great. In my humble opinion this is a great machine for the price. Sure it would be nice if it had SSD and a touchscreen but you're not going to find that for this price. For what it is and what it cost I'm very pleased!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
Back in December, I bought a Lenovo C345 through Amazon. Right from the start, the computer had problems. It kept crashing and required far too many hours to restart after downloading updates. I was on the phone with Amazon and Lenovo for weeks trying to work out the problem. Lenovo sent me some recovery discs, but they wouldn't work. After a month, I finally sent the unit back to Amazon for an exchange. Amazon promptly sent a new Lenovo C345. I started it up, and so far, for the past couple weeks, this machine has been running with no problem whatsoever. I even like it! But since of the two, one was a dog, I can only rate the product as 3 stars. But there's more. Now that I have my new machine, I wanted to add a second monitor, which I was told was possible if I bought a VGA to HDMI cable. I ordered one through Amazon, and when it arrived, I attached the monitor to the Lenovo C345, but the monitor wouldn't work even though it worked fine on my 8-year-old DELL. I called Lenovo for help, and I was ping-ponged back and forth between service centers. Each time, the new service rep wants my name, address, phone number, email, product number, seriel number. Each time! Finally, I get with one guy who assured me he would help. Then, right when we get started, the call gets disconnected. He had my phone number, and I've been here now half an hour and he's still not called back. He had my email, but he hasn't sent me an email either. In short, their customer service is atrocious. They are polite, and I'm sure they are very nice people, but they are incompetent. So, with the machine rated a 3 and the customer service rated a very generous 1, I settled in on a rating of 2 stars. Hey -- I wouldn't recommend dealing with Lenovo at this point. The computer seems fine but I'd better knock wood on that.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2014
I got mine from Newegg because it was a much better price than on Amazon, but I have bought several dozens of things from Amazon:=).

I bought my Lenovo C345 brand new (supposedly it was not a "refurbished") yet it "acts" like it's 20 years old. Many services that should be enabled were disabled by default. The wireless stops every other day and I have to run the "troubleshooter" to get it running in order to get on the internet. I do not have it connected with an Ethernet cable because my wireless router is just across the room. The wireless adapter inside this Lenovo is apparently junk. It seems as if Lenovo took an old XP computer and slapped a new Windows 8 OS inside it and they can call it new? I like Windows 8 but not on this Lenovo C345 desktop! This thing suddenly goes black, it crashes, freezes and hangs up for hours so I have to turn it off. Then when I turn it back on, without any prompt from me, all by itself, suddenly it has had to do a "factory reset" ?!!! I remember when desktop computers used to work flawlessly for many years before having to do a system restore. Why won't this C345 let me do a "system restore" like in the old days? The "factory reset" has happened about 5 times in the 2 months that I've had it. It works ok for a few days, then BAM. It goes wonky! I've tried to do the "refresh" as it's called now, so that files won't be lost. However, there are always "corrupt" files and it "can't find" the installer? What is up with that?

It does come with lots of apps running in the background as if it is supposed to be a "touchscreen" but it's not a touchscreen. I have now uninstalled all the "free trial" programs and preloaded games. Maybe it will be ok for awhile?

Shame on you Lenovo for selling such garbage!

I have a feeling that they only sold a few C345 AIO desktops and these aren't available anymore, so not sure if these reviews are of value to anyone. However, if anyone out there is contemplating buying a C345, do NOT waste your time or money!
on December 14, 2014
Nothing but issues with this computer. Every time Windows updates the computer crashes and it is a struggle to restart. Had it for about a year. Going to throw it and the trash soon and buy something else. Will never buy Lenovo again.
on May 23, 2013
screen goes black,operating system unable to work,harddrive its probably damage,..Im still waitting how to solve this problem between Amazon customer service and Lenovo customer service.
on January 7, 2013
Out of the box this computer seemed to work fine. Soon after setup I started getting the blue screen multiple times a day for no apparent reason (not due to viruses or bloatware). Apart from having a confusing and pointlessly strange interface, Windows 8 is incredibly unstable, and it has such a low opinion of the user that it won't even give a real error message when it shuts down. That's not Lenovo's fault, but what is is that the wireless card broke after a few weeks. The computer being too complex for a layperson to take apart, Lenovo contacted a third party to replace the wireless card. That was two weeks ago and so far nothing.

If you buy this PC you're taking a chance on low-quality parts and slow service. It may work, or you may waste a lot of time getting it to work. Whatever you buy, DO NOT get Windows 8.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2013
I just bought one and I have no problem with it. It helps if you are a little bit tech savvy when issues arise. There is nothing wrong with the hardware or software. It does take a little time to get use to Windows 8. If you don't like Windows 8 and if you happen have a full version of Windows 7 Professional like myself, you can wipe it and and install a clean version because Lenovo provides all the drivers for Windows 7. Otherwise uninstall some of the bloatware came with Windows 8 and it should work just fine.
on August 24, 2013
I bought this in China at a shop and it is working perfectly. The service is great because i get a free set of nice speakers, keyboard, and a mouse.the computer is very fast and easy to use. I got this before there was Windows8 so that might be the reason why other people have problems. Overall, i think this is a great computer and deeply recommend it to anyone who needs a good computer.
on May 4, 2013
Excellent machine, has USB 3.0, DVDRW (something hard to find this days) and a beautiful display. Comes with Win 8 and AMD Vision runs like a charm. I definitely would recommend this PC. For the price there's nothing like it. Lenovo C345 20.0-Inch All-In-One Desktop
on January 4, 2014
Bought it for parents as an early Christmas Gift and broke down in less than 2 weeks...Screen just went dark...or as Lenovo said...LCD burned out.

Took them 1.5 months to repair it...what lousy customer service and terrible product. Will never order a Lenovo again.